Will YG be the first of the big 3 to skip a generation?

• You have said they hate second place tho, but now u say they have no faith in their acts that they will hit big. Its contradicting. After bb and 2ne1, their only act that was contender for top group was BP, if they really hated 2nd place they would manage them better to make them on top. Ikon, winner never was contender for top 2 as it was already fixed for exo, bts from the beginning. They could have done well with treasure cause unlike their previous bgs they had "existent fandom" that buy albums, but they never put effort in them, they only managed to have some momentum with darari which is the song that yedam composed, nothing cause of yg. Like I dont understand where u get that they hate 2nd place perspective, for me they dont even seem to like music company anymore lol, they never were competitive

I'm not that knowledgeable about boy groups, but YG seemed to put effort into Treasure's debut, but they didn't blow up. Now YG doesn't have faith that they will be #1 so they are pulling back support. They did try, spending a lot of money on their recent MV.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• 4th gen has just started taking off and 5th gen will start in 2025?

I consider Itzy the first 4th gen girl group, and they will be close to renewal. 3rd gen started way before BP's debut. BTS debuted in 2013. We are in the middle of 4th gen. Plenty of big groups from a generation debut in the middle, like BP.

• BP debuted in 2016 and kpop 3rd gen reached huge peaks in 2018 and 4th gen cry everyday that 4th gen began in 2018 lol.

It just rly feels like 4th gen should be counted from when the huge swift in international popularity happened and with the increase of physical sales rather than just by years? lol like its a different gen because something clearly swifted in the way things were done, no? :huuh: and it doesnt feel like they're anywhere near their peak for 5th gen to start already

• It just rly feels like 4th gen should be counted from when the huge swift in international popularity happened and with the increase of physical sales rather than just by years? lol like its a different gen because something clearly swifted in the way things were done, no? :huuh: and it doesnt feel like they're anywhere near their peak for 5th gen to start already

The international explosion of kpop became obvious much earlier than now. It's just continuing along the same trajectory. Also, no one is saying 5th gen is starting now. I'm saying it will start about 2 years from now.

• It just rly feels like 4th gen should be counted from when the huge swift in international popularity happened and with the increase of physical sales rather than just by years? lol like its a different gen because something clearly swifted in the way things were done, no? :huuh: and it doesnt feel like they're anywhere near their peak for 5th gen to start already

That did not signify the start of 4th gen but the continued success of 3rd gen. 4th gen started probably with next level which was the first actual hit of their generation.

• That did not signify the start of 4th gen but the continued success of 3rd gen. 4th gen started probably with next level which was the first actual hit of their generation.

Idk. It just feels weird to..say compare Gidle who had a super succesful debut and still only sold 50k with their first album to..hmm say Billlie, they havent had a hit song yet but their 2nd album already sold 90k because of Tsuki going viral etc makes them feel like a completely different generation as they debuted because the international take off vs after.

Also english isnt my first language so sorry if i dont explain things well :waterr:

• Idk. It just feels weird to..say compare Gidle who had a super succesful debut and still only sold 50k with their first album to..hmm say Billlie, they havent had a hit song yet but their 2nd album already sold 90k because of Tsuki going viral etc makes them feel like a completely different generation as they debuted because the international take off vs after.

Also english isnt my first language so sorry if i dont explain things well :waterr:

I mean the same can be said for NCT and EXO/BTS lol? This isn’t anything new and those things don’t decide anything

3rd gen started sometime in 2013 or late 2012 while groups like BP/NCT didn’t even debut till 2016.

• Well nevermind on the tehnicalities and details, we both agree that the 4th gen has barely started taking off jfjhf

BP is still growing but 4th gen started a while ago. Previous gen growth is not relevant.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!