Have you ever watched a friend become a bad person?

• I've known this girl for the past year. I thought she was a normal, nice person. Even cool. But since she's graduated high school, she's become horrible. She's incredibly shallow and entitled. She uses people to vent and cry about small inanities in her life and then tosses them to the side. Not just that, she'll call women-celebrities "sluts" unironically, is Xenophobic, and says violent stuff out of the blue (she once talked about leaving her sister's cat in the middle of nowhere because it's "ugly and annoying"). She's also obsessed with this older guy who's explicitly told her to leave him alone. :facepalm: I feel awful for validating her self-pity for so long and trying to convince her she'd have a good future in spite of her mistakes. I'm probably a good 5% reason why she's so lacking in self awareness today.

• Go to Best Answer
  • on a similar note, recently I saw my friends bash a dude in a GC bc he didnt want to date one of them. He apparently lost the love of his life two years ago and still grieving. They were trashing him and calling him crazy bc dude is not over his partners death.

I am alarmed by that convu and gotta rethink my friendship with them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• send her a link to online therapy and block her

oof

kinda the biggest reason why we became friends is because we both have poor mental health but don't have access to therapy. her parents don't want to pay for it and i've recommended some online therapy groups and sites since she became violent, but they cost money, and in her country USD is very valuable.

• Best Answer

oof

kinda the biggest reason why we became friends is because we both have poor mental health but don't have access to therapy. her parents don't want to pay for it and i've recommended some online therapy groups and sites since she became violent, but they cost money, and in her country USD is very valuable.

I understand that might have been a bonding point between you two, but now she might be dragging you down. She is lashing at everything and you might be in line.

dont become collateral damage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I understand that might have been a bonding point between you two, but now she might be dragging you down. She is lashing at everything and you might be in line.

dont become collateral damage

Thank you for the advice :pepelove1: the best i've gotten when it comes to this situation.

• Oh I was just going to post something similar that has happened to me

Known this girl J for four years now and I'm starting to doubt our friendship a bit. She hangs out with some sketchy people lately and tbh idk if she's doing it because she wants to or because she wants to fit in

J's been incredibly sweet to me throughout school and we made a good little friend circle but there have just been changes recently, and I don't see her the same way I saw her when I was new at our school...

Anyways I made this abt me and it isn't. I'm sorry that happened to you. Seriously people who rely on you when you can't rely on them are the worst, especially if they trash-talk you afterwards. Good job parting ways

out of service

• I'm sorry. That high school leap is easily the hardest time because it's usually when your friends take a turn for the worst. I lost so many friends freshman year, but know you don't need to bear (pun unintended) their struggles or follow through with what they do.

And dw :hug-raccoon:this post is really for everyone to share their struggles

• I'm sorry. That high school leap is easily the hardest time because it's usually when your friends take a turn for the worst. I lost so many friends freshman year, but know you don't need to bear (pun unintended) their struggles or follow through with what they do.

And dw :hug-raccoon:this post is really for everyone to share their struggles

Yeahh I just miss her older self :pepe-puddle: She's become superficial. Like the type of person who rates other women and points out their flaws. I can't even clean my glasses now without her mentioning how weird I look or how bad my undereyes are, and she just judges a lot of our female classmates. She never did this type of stuff. I remember when I was new and my face was full of acne I expected her to mention it or make a big deal like everyone else but she never made me feel uncomfy abt my face

There's also this hate train going on with one of our classmates (I'll call her S). A lot of us dislike her but J is obsessive, it's crazy. She always mentions S or shit-talks about her, idk even what for

out of service

• yes but for me it was in primary (elementary school)

I was bullied for being Chinese and so the friends who I thought were friends turned on me as well since well they had really no other choice it was either continue to be my friend and be bullied themselves or join in and not be bullied

that didn't make the pain of it any worse especially as a kid so I understand what you are going through my friend

• Yeahh I just miss her older self :pepe-puddle: She's become superficial. Like the type of person who rates other women and points out their flaws. I can't even clean my glasses now without her mentioning how weird I look or how bad my undereyes are, and she just judges a lot of our female classmates. She never did this type of stuff. I remember when I was new and my face was full of acne I expected her to mention it or make a big deal like everyone else but she never made me feel uncomfy abt my face

There's also this hate train going on with one of our classmates (I'll call her S). A lot of us dislike her but J is obsessive, it's crazy. She always mentions S or shit-talks about her, idk even what for

Not to be harsh, but she sounds like utter garbage. I really hope someone puts her in place. That behavior is way uncalled for. It's typical behavior. I'm not quite sure why, but when you get to high school, people start to obsess over one another, and usually not over positive feelings. Have people called her out before?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!