K-drama fans finding out about SNSD, an increasing occurence

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• I'm a bit curious why so many from kpop wants to be actors. Is it because it give a higher status compared to being a singer? I can guess members from groups like Girls' Generation can a good pay even if they are rookie actors, so that could also be tempting.

• I'm a bit curious why so many from kpop wants to be actors. Is it because it give a higher status compared to being a singer? I can guess members from groups like Girls' Generation can a good pay even if they are rookie actors, so that could also be tempting.

Actors are more respected as entertainers, their careers are usually longer, they *could* make a lot of money. Also it may be harder to breakthrough as a solo artist, especially for girl group members.

少女時代

the main reason is because their career can be way longer than being an idol. Also there's a reason why also when they are trainees they also can have acting lessons.

Yoona's first main role was in a daily drama that lasted for months during SNSD debut era

• the main reason is because their career can be way longer than being an idol. Also there's a reason why also when they are trainees they also can have acting lessons.

Yoona's first main role was in a daily drama that lasted for months during SNSD debut era

Yeah, but you would think they would be a bit tired of the public life and lack the urge to start a new career in tv-dramas, especially the girls from Girls' Generation must have money for the rest of their life. But I don't complain, a lot of them to great as actresses.

• Yeah, but you would think they would be a bit tired of the public life and lack the urge to start a new career in tv-dramas, especially the girls from Girls' Generation must have money for the rest of their life. But I don't complain, a lot of them to great as actresses.

I think they enjoy it. If I were in idols shoes I will also want to pursue acting because I find it an interesting job. Besides it’s more respected than being performers by the majority so they themselves might value it more too.

lt64IYu.gif

• Yeah, but you would think they would be a bit tired of the public life and lack the urge to start a new career in tv-dramas, especially the girls from Girls' Generation must have money for the rest of their life. But I don't complain, a lot of them to great as actresses.

On the contrary up until 2017 a lot of them have lived and breathed SNSD. They've said at the beginning of their hiatus that this was a chance for them to experience things on their own. Besides maybe one member I don't think any of them was gonna drop from public life, they've just been too busy to fully dedicate themselves to their solo careers.

少女時代

• I think its always nice to see solo activities bring even more attention to the group

External Content www.youtube.com

• OMG HI! It's been a while! I burned out from trying to keep up with all the solo activities, so I decided to quit. Came back last second when I found out Soshi we're finally back. How about you? I think you were busy with life so I rarely saw you

It's beeen wayyy too long, buddy :cryingr:

Seeing SNSD back brought so many memories, I literally cried watching the MV :waterr:

Yeahhh life got pretty hectic and I couldn't really keep up with forums anymore! I got into law school so I'm just busy with that right now haha

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!