Lee Jieun will star in a drama done by the author of "Camelia" and the director of "My Mister"

• [단독] '미생' 김원석 감독, '동백꽃' 임상춘 작가와 손잡는다
    김원석 감독(왼쪽) '동백꽃 필 무렵' 포스터 김원석 감독과 임상춘 작가가 첫 협업에 나선다. 스..
    mnews-jtbc-co-kr.translate.goog

(Google translation)

[단독] 아이유 '동백꽃' 임상춘 작가 차기작 여주인공
    [텐아시아=우빈 기자] 가수 겸 배우인 아이유(본명 이지은)가 임상춘 작가의 차기작 주인공으로 낙점됐다.  26일 텐아시아 취재 결과 아이유는 임상춘 작가의 새 작품에 출연을 최종 검토 중이다.  임상춘 작가는 드라마 '백희가 돌아왔다' '쌈, 마이웨이' '동백꽃 필 무렵'의 대본을…
    v-daum-net.translate.goog

(Google translation)

Tl, dr, Im Sangchoon, who wrote "Camelia" (Gong Hyojin and Kang Haneul), and Kim Wonsuk, best known for "My Mister", are creating a drama called "Life", about a girl and a boy, encompassing all four seasons to be aired in the first half of 2024.

And IU has been cast as the main lead.

Naturally she immediately denied it but it is likely that serious negotiations have been done about it.

I personally think that for the sake of KPop Lee Jieun should accept this big project.

It will keep her away from KPop for four straight seasons, and chances are it is a huge project.

I wrote this

Historically, KDramas which spent a lot of time and money , and even movies, tended to not do too great.

Lee Jieun herself had been a victim of an upset and an instigator of such as well. Her star studded Moon Lovers was totally clobbered by Park Bogum's Love in the moonlight which used about 1/3 of the budget, and her not-so-star-studded Hotel Del Luna, whose only star was herself, outcompeted Arthdal.

Director Kim Wonsuk boasts his "Hotel Del Luna". He is not exactly boosting what he did next, Arthdal. Because so much money had been thrown to build its set they are doing a sequel, ironically casting Lee Joongi, who had been partly responsible for the debacle of Moon Lovers, and Shin Sekyung, an actress from - Edam.

A good general picks his own battlefield. "Life" will be a huge drama with lots of budget and overcomplicated plot twists. Given the nature of such dramas, it will probably be a historical, set in around 1940s or 1970s ( periods with great upheavals), with two star crossed lovers crisscrossing Korean events here and there and either meet an end similar to Snowdrop or a bittersweet happy-ish ending which will largely be futile because so many years had passed and so much history had been built.

The author Im Sangchun never did any longish drama with complex plots

The director Kim Wonsuk is known to have failed at his biggest project Arthdal

and the Actress Lee Jieun is known to have failed at her biggest project Moon Lovers.

Field Marshal, the Duke of Wellington, never went deep into enemy territories. He only fought in places with strong popular support or places which could be supplied from the Sea, unlike Napoleon who frequently went deep into enemy territory with little chance for resupply.

Lee Jieun apparently did not remember the lessons of Moon Lovers, namely she only does roles which are suited for her and doing huge drama or movies are not her strong suits.

At least the 4th Gen of Kpop can breathe since the Singer who menaces all Kpoppers will be out of game until next autumn at least.

• Well it is not confirmed yet, so don't get your hopes up.

I am sure she (and other top tier actors) is offered dramas all the time, but dramas take a lot of schedule coordination, rarely are the first choices cast.

The rumour is the lead is Park Bogum, you can spin more stories that she is taking revenge for Moonlight clobbering Moon Lovers.

Wellington held his Indian campaigns to be the toughest and there he ventured well into enemy territory.

But I am sure whatever she does, you will spin some history to feed you blame-boast narrative.

Given her typical cycle, I think it will be 2024 when she carpet bombs K-pop, generally she lets the mice play and relax a bit, thinking she the cat is away, but then she pounces.

2016-away, 2017 ruled...2021 ruled.. So late 2023 or 2024.. 4th gen can play till then.

• Park Bogum is said to have declined this.

The first thing ever did after he entered the showbiz was a commercial with IU.

At that time IU was already KPop's biggest name while Bogum was just a newbie who was struggling with his family's debts.

IU knowing BTS' hard days became a HUGE drag to BTS in the end.

He won't want to work with someone who knows the days when he was a nobody. A phenomenon which is seen by virtually all stars who came from the bottom - they do NOT want to deal with people who knew their past, because the hierarchy lasts basically for ever.

That aside, it is likely that filming will start shortly after the concert since she has not announced plans for more concerts , probably in the overseas, and will probably end in the autumn of 2023 (it is likely that it will be sold to China which means the production has to end before the Chinese authorities can review it), and she does have to release something to justify a concert in the late months of that year, so probably October.

And hopefully the 4th Gen would have move past beyond her range by that point of time

• PBG reportedly didn't even recieve the script, so nothing to decline.

As I said, these things are 90% rumours.

Or in your case 90% projections of your weird world view upon others, like PBG will not want to work with somone who knew him where he was not famous etc.

In any case, her 'range' is Korea and no, no k-pop act is going to exclude Korea, if BTS themselves didn't do it, then others have no way ... Or for the matter intentions

• I'm still surprised that Moon Lovers had such low ratings despite the actors who participated

But I agree that rarely are productions that have a gigantic budget and are only looking for top stars, are not very successful. But if rumours of negotiations have already surfaced there is a good chance she will accept the offer. But I would have preferred to diversify the roles and producers a bit.

• I'm still surprised that Moon Lovers had such low ratings despite the actors who participated

But I agree that rarely are productions that have a gigantic budget and are only looking for top stars, are not very successful. But if rumours of negotiations have already surfaced there is a good chance she will accept the offer. But I would have preferred to diversify the roles and producers a bit.

She did not work with the author of Camelia before (indeed she had declined a drama written by Park Jieun and reportedly starring Kim Soohyun, both from "Producers". It is rumored that supposed Kim Soohyun drama will have Park Eunbin.)

I think the official announcement will be made after the concert and a male lead has been chosen. PBG did say no to this project (reason given above). Yoo Seungho, who has not had a hit for quite a while, is rumored for this. Another act being considered is Park Jungmin who starred with her in her doomed music video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• Boy, do you ignore news that does not fit your bullshit?

PBG can hardly say YES or NO, to something he has not been offered yet.

#ParkBoGum's Agency Says He Has Not Yet Received A Script Or Offer For Drama #IU Is In Talks For...

Anyway, even if he was offered and says Yes, I am sure you would have some convoluted reasoning.. conspiracy for that too..

Heck, even EDAM has not confirmed anything.

• Actually, that is the 'standard' response, since Im Sangchun is considered as one of the bigger names of the industry so her synopsis does not go to ordinary actors. It tends to be sent to the bigger names of industry discreetly before anyone else. Since everyone wants Park Bogum in their show, it is likely that he said no after he learned the female lead would be someone who knows his days as a nobody, and this is a polite way of saying no in order to not burn bridges in case he has to work with the people involved in this later.

• Actually, that is the 'standard' response, since Im Sangchun is considered as one of the bigger names of the industry so her synopsis does not go to ordinary actors. It tends to be sent to the bigger names of industry discreetly before anyone else. Since everyone wants Park Bogum in their show, it is likely that he said no after he learned the female lead would be someone who knows his days as a nobody, and this is a polite way of saying no in order to not burn bridges in case he has to work with the people involved in this later.

Only rumour mongers talk like this, spinning assumtions, presumptions, their own projections on others to explain away things.

You are fixated that PBG has some insecurity complex working with someone who knew him when he was just starting.

Maybe that comes from your own life experiences.

He seems to have a good enough relationship with her, attended concerts, brought Jeju oranges etc. when he has become quite famous.

In acting, it is very normal that the women achieve fame earlier than men, but men tend to have much longer careers.

But anyway there is no convincing the pop-pyschology of crazy-conspiracy theorists.

• bbgc do you also watch all IU's work as an actress?

Not all..

Funny thing is I encountered IU, when I was studying Admiral Yi Soon Sin.. I like history hence engage with Whyknock.. but I don't have the patience for 50 episode dramas..

Bel Ami was too cheesy for me, so dropped it.

Have not seen Scarlet Heart Ryeo either - first I don't have it my subscriptions and then all the Uaenas keep talking about the tragedy of it.. so meh.

Other than those 3, I think I have watched all her work.. Broker ..I will in December.

• If she accepts the role, I am sure the drama won't disappoint. The writer and director have shown their capabilities with their previous works also IU is a capable actress.

I have said that it will probably be set in some turbulent period of Korean history, not like Answer 19XX bur more in the terms of Snowdrop, with lots of twists, turns and near miss. There will be many episode where the male and female lead won't even see each other.

Plus the writer is very well known for giving the female lead a child from some not the male lead. Kim Kanghoon, the boy from Camelias (he also has something to do with Lee Jieun since he appeared briefly in Del Luna) , might show up here as Lee Jieun's son from someone other than the male lead.

In short, it will be great for someone who likes complicated plots and tear jerkers. I don't know whether I will watch it or not. (I only watched Bel Ami (I liked it , since it is the one and only time Lee Jieun ever played a sassy character) , Producers and Del Luna) But given the subject matter will be serious, I doubt it.

It will at least keep Lee Jieun out of KPop for 12 months or more.

• Although Bel Ami is childish, it is worth watching since it is and will be the only time ever when she played someone in her age, and the only show where she did not play someone who was a serious person. I mostly skipped the parts showing Jang Geunsuk. In short it is her only 'romantic comedy' role, however inadequate the show indeed was.

Before Park Bogum was anything, he starred in a forgettable drama series called "Wonderful Mama", where he played a spoiled younger son of a rich woman. While otherwise horrible, it is remembered among PBG fans as the only time he ever played a role which was not serious. Same thing - BA is the one and only time she did not act like she had all the troubles in world.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!