• why dont they just go?

even Son had to do his military in the middle of the prem season aint now way they get away with it without a huge huge penalty

• Let’s see what the guys decide - they are adults and there may be considerations we aren’t aware of re their personal situations.

Even if they take the offer and not receive pay, it is their choice - at least it will be decided and done. If they refuse - that is fine too.

• why dont they just go?

even Son had to do his military in the middle of the prem season aint now way they get away with it without a huge huge penalty

Because it is not their time yet. Jin does not have to enlist before Dec

• Because it is not their time yet. Jin does not have to enlist before Dec

I meant it more in the like "why would you let yourself be exploited rather than doing what every koreans do and get over with it"

Also, wouldn't they receive a lot of korean hate if they skip it?

• OP is a solo who opposes the idea of military exemption bc they think it will hinder their bias’ solo growth.

Tmikpop explains it better. Exemptions are for qualified males where they perform alternate service instead of active duty. These individuals go to 4-5 weeks of bootcamp and then perform around 500 hours of community service TOTAL over a period of three years. When they want to soften the blow in media: they call this a thing, “alternate service”.

I cant embed, so: https://twitter.com/tmikpop/st…&t=Ay_R91fb0tEPbh1UZK-dPQ

Also: busan mayor just gave another phone interview this morning to reinforce why alternate service is needed, so they can perform their tasks as ambassador peacefully. They cant skip active duties unless they want their fellow soldiers to be jealous. Some people said it’s for the best. And frankly no strong reaction from the public, the reaction yesterday showed a lot of GP dgaf, most probably are well aware bangtan deserves it.

• I am honestly extremely confused about what alt service entails. I will trust the boys to do what is best for them.

• Who really thinks HYBE is winning from BTS no being able to perform any commercial act for 34 months?

Like I know HYBE is evil and most people like to belive that anything they dislike is something they will support, but do you really imagine Hybe saying: "Oh no money from BTS for 34 months YEY!!!"? :pepewhat:

• It's mostly the loud knetz incels who are so against it. Majority of Koreans dgaf or are neutral about it. I saw some street interview and that's what I gathered.

• Is this reliable? Anyway, hopefully the guys stay far away from their government. It's sus how they want them to do alternative service. Are they even gonna keep their earnings from it? They can just serve by 3 subunits and comeback in 2025. This is just my opinion anyways

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “If this is true, hoping BTS rejects this exploitative plan of the government” to “Edited”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!