Secretary of Defense considers granting BTS special perks during their army service

• Secretary of Defense considers granting BTS special perks during their army service

0003670651_002_20220801214302711.jpg

Article: Secretary of Defense, "When BTS enlists, we are considering allowing them time to rehearse and perform overseas"

Source: No Cut News via Naver

1. [+198, -6] The members have already said that they are going to serve and even their fans are telling them to so why is the army making up all these arbitrary decisions on their own? Stop using celebrities as your pawns.

2. [+81, -0] Sounds like they're just going to use the group's service for free attendance of national events and even have them performing overseas to bring in money. This is terrible!!!!!

3. [+69, -15] They should all just enlist at once... and they should be treated no differently from any other soldier in service.

4. [+44, -2] Enough with this nonsense. They never said they weren't planning to serve, they've always said they were ready to go whenever they're called. Enough with the media play.

5. [+16, -0] Just really sounds like the military is trying to use them for free for their own benefit.. but they're trying to talk as if they had to pull some strings to get them these perks that no one asked for!!! Just let them serve in the army normally and go on break.

6. [+15, -0] Since the law says you're not allowed to hold a job or be paid for a job while under service, who will be accepting the money they'll be making if they're allowed to perform overseas? The number will obviously be in the millions straight into the pockets of our government?

7. [+11, -1] We're right back to square one by making celebrity soldiers a thing again... tsk tsk

8. [+10, -2] I'm starting to feel bad for them because it sounds like the army is really going to try to squeeze every ounce out of them by making them film all sorts of promotional material for them for free. If you're going to make them serve, just let them do so quietly, and if you're going to grant them exemptions, then just do it already...

9. [+5, -0] I really have a feeling that the army is going to work them like slaves by forcing them to perform at all of their promotional events

10. [+7, -3] Army service is everyone's duty, no one should be given exceptions

-

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

1. [+310] What's with all this talk when BTS themselves have already said they're going to serve?????

2. [+220] So many words for so much bullsh*t

3. [+135] Then all idols should be given the same exceptions

4. [+127] BTS already said they're going to go... with so many people making decisions for them, I'd be too scared to even talk about the army if I were BTS

5. [+197] So what does the army want from them? Go out and make money for them but also do work for them in the army too?

6. [+113] Just please let them serve their two years quietly. This nuna will be right here waiting.

7. [+77] I don't get why they're dragging their feet with this decision when BTS already said they were going to serve. Just let them serve clean and fair.

8. [+45] Then what the f*ck, these exceptions should be granted to all male Korean idols too

9. [+64] They already said they're going to serve. Sounds like the government's just scared that they won't be generating money for them while they're serving.

10. [+18] I'm an Army and I think granting these perks will be a negative influence on their service

• 6. [+15, -0] Since the law says you're not allowed to hold a job or be paid for a job while under service, who will be accepting the money they'll be making if they're allowed to perform overseas? The number will obviously be in the millions straight into the pockets of our government?

*sigh* I saw this coming from miles away.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• 6. [+15, -0] Since the law says you're not allowed to hold a job or be paid for a job while under service, who will be accepting the money they'll be making if they're allowed to perform overseas? The number will obviously be in the millions straight into the pockets of our government?

*sigh* I saw this coming from miles away.

so according to this plan basically BTS are going to be overworked to a T while they get no pay and all of that money goes straight to the government.

• so according to this plan basically BTS are going to be overworked to a T while they get no pay and all of that money goes straight to the government.

Looks like this will happen if they don't change the law. If they change the law just for BTS or not change it and take the money, either way it's a shitty situation. It's definitely not for BTS' benefit, I hope they don't accept something like this.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Looks like this will happen if they don't change the law. If they change the law just for BTS or not change it and take the money, either way it's a shitty situation. It's definitely not for BTS' benefit, I hope they don't accept something like this.

if this does happen they probably won't have any other choice.

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!