RE : who are the digimons from SM that are in the same league as big bang, iu, bts, etc.?

• SM doesn't have digital monsters.

OP

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• SM doesn't have digital monsters.

OP

Must’ve imagined Taeyeon having a hit with INVU staying at number for a few weeks in a row

:pepe-flirt:

• Would u say she is on bts, iu and bigbang level? For me no. She does well but isn't a Digimon on their level. Maybe one tier below?

You said sm has no digimon period so I obviously disagree with you with Taeyeon.

As for those 3 no they don’t.

But I’d be iffy about putting BTS up their with IU and Big Bang. IU and Big Bang pretty much destroy with every single cb even 10 years later, BTS has shown while they can have massive hits they are not always guaranteed them at least in Korea. Best is yet to come didn’t exactly light up the charts (and there was another song a few years ago that underperformed but I forgot what it was called).

• Only EXO comes close to being a digimon.

They owned 2016, in terms of most digital positions on Gaon-Circle Top #100.

They are the only SM act which has occupied 4+ spots on Top 10 Gaon-Circle digital weekly.

No other SM act come close.

But even that does not put EXO in the league of Bigbang and IU.

BTS is a different sort of digimon, more in terms of longevity than peaks or walls. Spring Day has never fallen off top #100 since its release - for 5 years or so.

SNSD's peak was before the digital age, but even so

GGs rarely become digital monsters, they have hit songs with huge peaks,

but when it comes to being a wall - having B-sides chart high or staying long on the chart, they suffer in comparison to BGs and of course non-groups dominate the Korean charts.

• she's got the foot in the door but not yet at the party.

The vibes indeed lol

You said sm has no digimon at all so I disagree with you with Taeyeon.

The reason I say this is because they are kinda inconsistent. Even taeyeon had a phase like that in 2020 didn't she? But she definitely is the biggest in SM for me.

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• You said sm has no digimon period so I obviously disagree with you with Taeyeon.

As for those 3 no they don’t.

But I’d be iffy about putting BTS up their with IU and Big Bang. IU and Big Bang pretty much destroy with every single cb even 10 years later, BTS has shown while they can have massive hits they are not always guaranteed them at least in Korea. Best is yet to come didn’t exactly light up the charts (and there was another song a few years ago that underperformed but I forgot what it was called).

Currently IU, Bigbang are the only 2 in Kpop who have not underperformed ever since they reached the top. Busker-JBJ is the other, but not considered Kpop. Some even reject IU as Kpop.

But they are the top most tier of Digimons.

Then you have BTS - who reign on longevity, than peaks.

Taeyeon is recently getting closer, has had a good strikes in the immediate past, but she hasn't hit the top with every release. But yes she is a strong contender.

• BTS don’t have the consistency of IU or BB in Korea but they certainly have the bigger peaks. They not only have hits in Korea but they extend worldwide too, something no other Korean idol (unless you count Psy as an idol lol) has achieved.

• Some of y’all trying to downplay BTS.

When it comes to peak, BTS has songs that have achieved that and when it comes to longevity they also slay in that area.

Bigbang only has peaks. Their longevity is nothing to write home about.

IU is the only one who consistently slays in both peaks and longevity. If IU is set as the standard, then she’s the only act who deserves to be called a digimon. But if you agree Bigbang who dominates in one aspect is a digimon, then BTS deserves to be given a spot

• Not some, just that one user who does this every opportunity he gets. Strange to see an IU stan this insecure about BTS when she is legitimately bigger than them on Kcharts. I will never understand why BTS got him so pressed.

• same folks trying to downplay BTS every time

giphy.gif

• Without getting into actual numbers, this can't be debated further.

IU - I believe everyone agrees that she sets the bar in peaks, longevity and consistency.

Bigbang and BTS, both have peaks and longevity, but Bigbang will score more on peaks/consistency, while BTS more on longevity.

In any case, for the original question. SM does not have any act, which can match these 3 when it comes to digitals.

EXO and Taeyeon are the closest candidates, but still far from the top tier.

SNSDs peak was before the digital era- mostly downloads.

And in general GGs don't achieve digimon status in K-charts. They have only peak hits, but rarely manage to chart B-sides well and also don't do well on longevity.

That is why Twice with their back to back 9(?) #1 hits or Blackpink with their huge hits, aren't still digimons.

But maybe a 4th gen GG will achieve that too.. maybe Aespa, which will create the first SM digimon GG.

• Would do you consider twice and bp or let's say 2ne1 and sistar are digimons

All below iu, bts and bb. But more or so yes maybe. All showed some form of consistency.

Twice gave only hits till 2019. So during 2016-2019 they were

Blackpink are consistent till now in their career.

2NE1 stats show they were the biggest digital gg of 2nd gen.

Sistar I feel had peaks but lack longevity?

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!