Platform albums, new way of selling kpop albums after digipacks?

• Interesting

I saw some samples of brave girls platform album

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that's kinda cool

idk

it just sounds like another kpop gimmick to appear environmentally friendly

• So is it like buying the album but it is a code to access the songs on a platform? Like video games that contain now disc?

yeah I think so

but you get a photocard with it

apparently brave girls started it

so just search up their album to see the samples

• Hmmm does it not actually work? Like it wont make any difference?

not sure

its just the CD that wont be there

I think kpop companies have lied way too may times about being environmentally friendly that I just dont buy it?

• Ah I have one of these. I bought a copy of BDC - ‘Blue Sky’.

It’s extremely small. I can fit it in the palm of my hand which isn’t that big. Maybe a few inches. The material of the cover is kind of paper. Maybe leaning into cardboard to give it some sturdiness.

It came with 3 photo cards (coincidentally, one of each of the three members. Guess I’m lucky) one of them was made of a thicker material. This particular one had a QR code on the back that allowed you to access the contents via scanning.

The QR code is also within the booklet itself. In terms of digital content it has the songs, digital versions of the pc, exclusive photos, the MV, a special video, album information, and the track list and lyrics.

Now I’d show you some of the digital content but… I didn’t get the scan to work. I tried it a few times on different browsers, devices, etc. but it kept taking me to a dead link. And I’m not sure entirely where to go to troubleshoot this. I can’t exactly navigate through finding help being a non Korean speaker and the album didn’t give me a website or anything to visit. For that reason I wouldn’t purchase again because that’s disappointing and takes some of the point out. Idk maybe I got a bad copy and others function fine. But yeah I don’t want to risk experiencing this again regardless.

It’s not a bad move I think. It’s still kind of pricey for what it is. I think it was $16 or so. I can’t remember, but of course price will vary on distributer and I think the particular retailer I got it from overprices some of their items. But it’s a physical store in the US, so no shipment stuff, which is a kind a plus. If you’re solely interested in photo cards and non of the other thrills, it can be a good option. I see that they are trying to fulfill that collector desire with minimum material. But I’m sure most would find spending some extra dollars for the frills and other goodies to be more appealing so… I can’t entirely see this being the new thing to overtake everyone. I can be wrong tho!

I have some photos. Bad lighting rip, but you can see what it looks like.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• It should use the 1Takes app

External Content youtu.be

• It should use the 1Takes app

External Content youtu.be

ahh so that's the issue :pepe-notes:

I was so confused for the longest. It just came with the qr code and I was like welp :oop-bee:

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• So thanks to omnimorphism i can access the digital content now <3

It’s simple layout. No frills really. Some stuff are locked off depending on what photocard you have, encouraging you to collect more. Guess it adds more to value of collecting since it gives you more content.

• so no photobook?

hmmm

• so no photobook?

hmmm

Well, the idea is that the photos are more digitized I guess. That’s why you get a little gallery with your contents.

• Well, the idea is that the photos are more digitized I guess. That’s why you get a little gallery with your contents.

interesting

I think I will order one for Key

• I don't think this'll fly. People who collect want a physical thing. They paid money and they want something back.

A digital version really just makes it more apparent that we're paying money for albums we can all just stream for free.

• isn't this what J-Hope had or was that something else

yep, that's it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!