Most disturbing update I have read on reddit, why you should dump someone at first red flags instead of spending years with them

• srsly this story is why you should dump someone's ass the moment they show they don't care bout you on basic humane level.

I always have this argument with my friends. If someone doesn't have basic sympathy for you, you can't change that no matter how much time you spend on them.

OOP gets gf kicked out of the country, thinks he's done nothing wrong
    Originally posted by u/throwaway0123445 in r/AmItheAsshole Mood: >!Enraging!< Trigger warnings: >!Suicide!< [**AITA for making my girlfriend...
    www.reddit.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• excuse my french but that guy is a arsehole

She died and he is like but how can I make my friends treat me normally?

Like you fucking narcissistic psychopath, your friends saw the real you and there is no going back

I hope someone warns every future partner he might have

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I get that guy. Sponsorship is a big commitment. I don't know this person's country or anything but in Canada, if you sponsor someone you are financially responsible for them for 3 years. And even if you break up, you have to honor the agreement. The guy was trying to be a good person and help his girlfriend but I can understand him getting a cold feet. Sponsorship is a big responsibility and I have seen people get screwed over because of it.

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• I get that guy. Sponsorship is a big commitment. I don't know this person's country or anything but in Canada, if you sponsor someone you are financially responsible for them for 3 years. And even if you break up, you have to honor the agreement. The guy was trying to be a good person and help his girlfriend but I can understand him getting a cold feet. Sponsorship is a big responsibility and I have seen people get screwed over because of it.

Nah fuck him

He only suggested it bc when she was stressed, it inconvenienced him.

He had no intention of going through with it. He only told her his real feelings in the last possible moment. He took away her options.

That's sociopath level not just normal cold feet

• interesting...

I can't really place all the blame on him for her death since we don't know if there were other factors but the sponsorship thingy is a bit sus

he basically got her hopes up only to shatter it at the last minute

• You can think that but honestly, most people don't know the responsibility associated with sponsoring someone and can make wrong decisions. I have seen people suffer because of sponsoring even family. I agree that maybe he shouldn't have offered in the first place but it sounds like he wasn't fully aware of what he would be liable for and made a spur of the moment decision.

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• interesting...

I can't really place all the blame on him for her death since we don't know if there were other factors but the sponsorship thingy is a bit sus

he basically got her hopes up only to shatter it at the last minute

Death? I didn't see anything that said the girl died?

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• Death? I didn't see anything that said the girl died?

the last part

• You can think that but honestly, most people don't know the responsibility associated with sponsoring someone and can make wrong decisions. I have seen people suffer because of sponsoring even family. I agree that maybe he shouldn't have offered in the first place but it sounds like he wasn't fully aware of what he would be liable for and made a spur of the moment decision.

Did you read his update? He should have let her know the moment he got the bad feeling

Not waiting the last possible moment

The 3 month of comfort He got for himself, costed her life.

He is a pos, every woman he meets in future should know.

• That guy is sick in his head seriously

He is not sad that the person he loved for 5 years is dead, he is upset that her death is making people treat him differently

People like that are just dangerous to be around

• Death? I didn't see anything that said the girl died?

She didnt had any support system or family back home. She could have spent the 3 month figuring out how to live back home or more time on finding a job. Instead she spent her time filling out paper works that were never going to get through bc of the pos.

• Nah man, they were in a relationship for 5 years, no way he didnt know her situation back home. I would cut my own fucking limb off for someone i love, fuck that "responsibility" shit. Shit happened later, i'd pay the price but i'd never be able to let someone i "love" leave like that. He's a pos fr. And i have no words abt how he kept letting her hope and make plans to only cancel everything out last minute..abt something as important as that smh

• I didn't even see that in the linked thread.

It's sad the girl died. However, it's not an outcome the OP could have predicted. I don't know. I feel sorry for her but I can't blame the OP for choosing not to sponsor as I would never take on that responsibility myself.

From what I read, it's not mentioned anywhere that he waited until the last moment. Only that he couldn't finish his part and ended up backing off. From his post, it seems the gf was still searching for a job for some time after before her visa expired. Again, I think he shouldn't have offered if he didn't know all the liabilities that come with sponsoring someone but I understand him deciding not to.

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• That’s really sad. I do have some questions tho. Like why didn’t he tell her that he’s thinking about it but that he isn’t sure. That would’ve already been much better. Idk if he’s a sociopath or just dumb

• That’s really sad. I do have some questions tho. Like why didn’t he tell her that he’s thinking about it but that he isn’t sure. That would’ve already been much better. Idk if he’s a sociopath or just dumb

Sociopath most likely

He said the idea only popped into his head bc she being stressed changed their relationship routin. He wanted the goods without the responsibility. His impression after she got deported was that he missed her cooking, not herself. Then he was upset she didn't put her car under his name before leaving. Another thing he was only going to benefit of her. When she went no contact, he wasn't even bothered to figure out what happened. Their mutual friend found out she is dead. Now he isn't upset at how to live with himself, he is upset his friends are treating him differently.

It's all me me me me me me

Nothing about how his actions set her up for failure

• I didn't even see that in the linked thread.

It's sad the girl died. However, it's not an outcome the OP could have predicted. I don't know. I feel sorry for her but I can't blame the OP for choosing not to sponsor as I would never take on that responsibility myself.

see the way I see it is:

I don't blame him for the non-sponsorship - that's his choice but what I do blame him for is backing out of that decision once made...

he said he/ they consulted an immigration consultant so he seemed to understand the risks/benefits dangers etc etc at that point but he still choose to go ahead anyway...

which to me seems he had an ethical albeit not legal obligation to continue through the process...

up until that point he had no ethical obligations but he said yes and promised her that he would...

• Nah man, they were in a relationship for 5 years, no way he didnt know her situation back home. I would cut my own fucking limb off for someone i love, fuck that "responsibility" shit. Shit happened later, i'd pay the price but i'd never be able to let someone i "love" leave like that. He's a pos fr. And i have no words abt how he kept letting her hope and make plans to only cancel everything out last minute..abt something as important as that smh

Yeah srsly

Why would you stay in relationships with someone for 5 years, if you don't want any responsibility?

I have never loved someone enough to stay with them for 5 years, if I do ill give them my organs if they need it. Let alone fucking money

• Yeah srsly

Why would you stay in relationships with someone for 5 years, if you don't want any responsibility?

I have never loved someone enough to stay with them for 5 years, if I do ill give them my organs if they need it. Let alone fucking money

Exactly. AND he knew abt her mental health issues. Said he wanted a future with her too..where?? how?? would they get married and live in different countries? what kinda dumbshit excuses

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!