IVE‘s C-Bars will apparently try to avoid bulk buying

• All of the 6 Bars are joining to ensure this, apparently

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so it mean that we may expect less sales from China :sadr:

Not less sales than before, I’m certain of that, since the bars probably grew after LD.

And I think it’s for the better, since no one can accuse our girls of having inorganic album sales due to Chinese bulk buys, like they always do with Aespa

• I understood nothing

this was me when I read it on Twitter too. But I think Salalalala explained it a bit better although I still don't get what they meant by "subsidizing". I guess it means that cbars normally foot part of the bill to make purchasing albums cheaper. And if the albums are cheaper, that means they would be easier to inflate and it seems that's what they want to avoid. They don't want people to think Ive's sales are just inflated.

• I thought it was retailers who gave the discount? Why would cbars give that? So basically, cbars buy it like wholesale and distribute it in china for cheaper price? That's just so much loss and this is so weird.

• Not less sales than before, I’m certain of that, since the bars probably grew after LD.

And I think it’s for the better, since no one can accuse our girls of having inorganic album sales due to Chinese bulk buys, like they always do with Aespa

Each aespa member with high sales cbar has equivalent number of follower count so whatever these accusations are they will always be baseless when 3 out of 4 aespa members are one of the top most followed kpop idols.

op, if one of their aims to show the organic sales then it’s unneeded with Hanteo’s new feature.

lt64IYu.gif

• I thought it was retailers who gave the discount? Why would cbars give that? So basically, cbars buy it like wholesale and distribute it in china for cheaper price? That's just so much loss and this is so weird.

Also I don’t see what’s wrong with that? It’s a good thing. It’s all sales but this is better than throwing the albums away after bulk buying. Almost like a giveaway to fans that can’t afford it (it’s not since the fans would still pay for it but in discount).

lt64IYu.gif

• this means nothing if they're still bulk buying lol

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i think op interpreted the c-bar's actions as showing organic sales which is one of the effectss but the real reason ive cbar did this is to reduce bulk buys which is detrimental to the environment and promote healthy fan habits

Good for them if they’re prioritizing environment over bragging about sales. Speaking of that, companies should really do like Jhope album with no cd. The cd itself is useless when there’s streaming. I know albums like aespa’s have environmental friendly stamp but that+ removing the cd, would be ideal imo.

lt64IYu.gif

• Also I don’t see what’s wrong with that? It’s a good thing. It’s all sales but this is better than throwing the albums away after bulk buying. Almost like a giveaway to fans that can’t afford it (it’s not since the fans would still pay for it but in discount).

Nothing wrong with that except it's being done by individual bars to increase numbers disproportionately and not reflect the true individual popularity. This is a step being taken to remove that. This won't really stop bulkbuying in my opinion. It's just that the price will be equal so fans can order from whereever they want because the price is same.

• i get it. but my friend doesn't can you guys explain to my friend better.

i think instead of fans buying from cbars the albums at a discounted price (resulting in more fans sending money since its cheaper) they will offer them in normal prices.

did i get it right :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!