The state of K-Pop reporting in German media...

• So with the ongoing racism controversy that still hasn't really been properly addressed by German media the biggest newspaper in Germany (which is known to be a very trashy tabloid but still, it's very widely read) decides to post a K-Pop story - about how Jennie and GD dating caused an "earthquake in the world of K-Pop" because "K-Pop idols are contractually banned from dating" (no word on how both Jennie and GD publicly dated other people before without a lot of backlash already) and that now they're getting cyberbullied by hordes of heartbroken teenage fans, later adding that such cyberbullying by fans caused the deaths of Sulli and Hara.

Like I'm so angry?! This is the prevalent K-Pop narrative in Germany and to post this right now + with such obvious lies and exaggerations especially RE Jennie/GD... I'm just speechless

https://mobile.twitter.com/hyy…tatus/1366096055599824898

• this is fucked up

like they clearly don't give a fuck at all

so just let sulli and hara rest in peace instead of using their names for your shitty article

like god damn did they even do research about anything???

oversimplifying and sensationalizing everything is so sick...

these are real fucking people

did they think this would be helpful???

it just further stigmatizes kpop artists, kpop fans, and the industry as a whole.

• It's so idiotic.

Do you see anyone mention the Western artists who died because of drug overdose, the Epstein scandals, and the many addicts of all kinds when talking about American musi for instance?

Somehow, they can then distinguish between artists and write an article about a specific artist without mentioning all kinds of related things.

• What I forgot to add - this newspaper mentioning Sulli/Hara now is in even worse taste than usually since this same newspaper was literally a main instigator in the cyberbulling of a German/Polish model who died from likely suicide just 2 weeks ago. Since that this newspaper went all "poor her" and never admitted to the role they themselves played. I think she's not even buried yet as far as I know and instead of calling themselves out for likely being a big part of causing this they're instead here pointing fingers at K-Pop fans right now...

• The Bild magazine is like tmz of Germany. Basically trash. They get sued every month and are being dragged by politicians. It is funny when people use this media like we aren’t dragging it themselves. There are far better and internationally respected media like Spiegel, Süddeutsche, FAZ and more than this pile of shit printed on paper

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!