About the Sowon issue....

• Before I start, I just wanna say that yes I did start this account because as a self-proclaimed history geek this was just too hard to watch. I just wanna say that in no way shape or form do I support the cruel genocide of the Jews that took place during WW2 conducted by the Nazis. I believe everyone should be aware of the Holocaust just as they should be aware of their own history.

BUT.... the issue regarding Sowon is a bit puzzling for me. Many claim that the soldier is a Nazi, but he is wearing a Wehrmacht uniform. That is the general uniform of the German military during WW2. German soldier ≠ Nazi, actually as an American I was never taught the difference in school not in my AP World History, American History, or European History classes so I understand that many westerners believe that SS(Nazis) = Wehrmacht (German Military) but nonetheless it’s simply not true. Many Wehrmecht were indeed Nazis but many weren’t.

Actually, there were dozens of attempts to assassinate Hitler of which nearly all came from the Wehrmecht, they also actually fought alongside Americans in France in 1945 against the Nazis to free French prisoners.

While that doesn’t mean the mannequin wasn’t a Nazi, it doesn’t mean he was a Nazi either. Especially with the severity of the controversy I think we should all try to educate each other and not be sheep running with everything we hear. People should verify what they hear especially if it’s this severe.

:sweatr1:

• read about the trials in Nurnberg... all Wehrmacht officers, higher ups etc. were found guilty for crimes against humanity etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• samtanvan

Changed the title of the thread from “So are you all just ignorant AF or just sheep?” to “About the Sowon issue....”.
  • Thanks for enlightening us, I will now proceed to burn my history masters degree, can't belive I wasted five years of my life on it, all I had to do is to wait for some idol to mess up and log into stan twitter/forums. Do yourself a favor, and close this thread, you are way out of your depth here

• 😭😭 I’m not sure what I was thinking with the title, I’ve changed it now. My apologies, my head was elsewhere before I actually thought up the post.

heh no problem I totally get it the difference just struck me, honestly that's sort of the tone here at times so it wasn't out of place!!!

• The one that only tried around 200 of the Nazi German officials? :/

Are you in the clouds?

geez please take a read, really just go and read multiple things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS

okw.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for enlightening us, I will now proceed to burn my history masters degree, can't belive I wasted five years of my life on it, all I had to do is to wait for some idol to mess up and log into stan twitter/forums. Do yourself a favor, and close this thread, you are way out of your depth here

Anyone can claim to have a degree on anything on the internet. I’ve respectfully stated my opinion on this issue. I’m not minimizing the Holocaust nor am I necessarily defending Sowon either. This is just an educational post for people who believe German Soldier = Nazi. You can take what you want from it but stating “I have a masters in history” and not coming with an actual argument is very childish for someone with a “masters in history”. 😶

• geez please take a read, really just go and read multiple things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS

okw.jpg

What are you trying to say? That every German soldier was convicted at Nuremburg? I’ve stated before that some members of the Wehrmacht were indeed Nazis while some weren’t. Have you ever actually read about Nuremburg? Or are you gonna keep linking Wikipedia? I’m not here to defend Wehrmacht/Nazis/Sowon, this is simply me educating people on a common misconception that is usually held by westerners (specifically Americans from my experience). Our education system is very flawed here in America, not sure where you are from.

• You realize people are calling it a Nazi Mannequin because of the Nazi symbol on the hat.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Anyone can claim to have a degree on anything on the internet. I’ve respectfully stated my opinion on this issue. I’m not minimizing the Holocaust nor am I necessarily defending Sowon either. This is just an educational post for people who believe German Soldier = Nazi. You can take what you want from it but stating “I have a masters in history” and not coming with an actual argument is very childish for someone with a “masters in history”. 😶

I'm not a child, why would I lie. Okay, let me explain it to you, but know that english isn't my first language, and I'm not super fluent. Here is the thing: all German soliders fought for Germany, which was a nazi state. All of them. Germany has taken full responsibility for what they did, look up Willy Brandt. There is no such thing as no nazi, less of a nazi etc when you work for that state, and fight for their cause. That case is closed, over and done with. Please don't say such things, it's just wrong and rude. This is a sensitive topic for historians, and us europeans. The proces in Nürnberg was done fast, to punish the ones in charge, it's imposible to punish all of them, that never happens. My country was at war in the 90's, hardly anyone was punished for all the evil that was done, that's just how it is, we still live with the same people who tortured us in camps, and killed thousands of civilians.

As for Sowon, or whatever, I don't know her before this, she may just be dumb, I can see that. My issue is with fans treating such a delicate topic like it's nothing, just to shield their fave from backlash. I was to harsh too you, and I would like to apologize for that, I'm just so done with kpopies and this topic.

Edited once, last by leni17: Typo ().

• there's a symbol on the hat...............

He is wearing the uniform of the Visor Corps in the German Military. The Swastika was a symbol of peace before the Nazi colonized it, it was on all visor corps hats whether they were Nazis or not. It was worn before the Nazis even became a real group. The hat was also worn by the German soldiers that fought alongside Americans against the Nazis. A nazi would wear a large Swastika on their sleeve.

• You realize people are calling it a Nazi Mannequin because of the Nazi symbol on the hat.

Like I’ve said before, Swastika isn’t exclusive to the Nazi. It was a symbol in the German Military before Nazis existed. Typically Nazis, wore the huge swastika on their shoulder. Off topic, but the swastika was originally a symbol of peace from Hinduism/Buddhism, that’s probably where the Germans got it from before Nazis turned it into what most people associate it with now. Its common to see that symbol on Temples in India/Japan. Not that this has anything to do with the hat, this isn’t an excuse for Germans either just a side note.

• I'm not a child, why would I lie. Okay, let me explain it to you, but know that english isn't my first language, and I'm not super fluent. Here is the thing: all German soliders fought for Germany, which was a nazi state. All of them. Germany has taken full responsibility for what they did, look up Willy Brandt. There is no such thing as no nazi, less of a nazi etc when you work for that state, and fight for their cause. That case is closed, over and done with. Please don't say such things, it's just wrong and rude. This is a sensitive topic for historians, and us europeans. The proces in Nürnberg was done fast, to punish the ones in charge, it's imposible to punish all of them, that never happens. My country was at war in the 90's, hardly anyone was punished for all the evil that was done, that's just how it is, we still live with the same people who tortured us in camps, and killed thousands of civilians.

As for Sowon, or whatever, I don't know her before this, she may just be dumb, I can see that. My issue is with fans treating such a delicate topic like it's nothing, just to shield their fave from backlash. I was to harsh too you, and I would like to apologize for that, I'm just so done with kpopies and this topic.

I completely agree with you in that Germany took full responsibility, because they should. Along with countries like Austria as well (side note: interestingly their ult right party has recently tried to push their evil past and present anti-semitism on Muslims, who at the time were praised for going above and beyond to “rescue” jews and some were also victims of camps, primarily Auschwitz). But it is highly incorrect to say every German should be held responsible for the Holocaust. I doubt their is a single historian that will say all german soldiers were Nazis, simply because that is highly untrue, if that was the case, the death toll would’ve been significantly higher because their would’ve been more manpower. The series of events that took place would also contradict the whole every Soldier= Nazi, because it makes no sense that troops of the Wehrmecht would fight the Nazis alongside American troops.

Also like to point out that, indeed that the Wehrmacht did play a role in the Holocaust but not in the sense that many Americans were incorrectly taught. Approximately 19ish million men served in the German military from 1935-1945, The SS had approximately 800,000 active personal by 1944 of which some weren’t even radicalized or you could say “forced Nazis”. Some were indeed radicalized but many were prisoners of war and came from countries invaded by the Nazis and were forcefully conscripted. Not to excuse them of their actions, they deserve punishment.

Though I am indeed a kpop fan, I really have no idea who Sowon is but the whole calling her a Nazi and proclaiming the mannequin is a Nazi is what took me for a loop.

• Like I’ve said before, Swastika isn’t exclusive to the Nazi. It was a symbol in the German Military before Nazis existed. Typically Nazis, wore the huge swastika on their shoulder. Off topic, but the swastika was originally a symbol of peace from Hinduism/Buddhism, that’s probably where the Germans got it from before Nazis turned it into what most people associate it with now. Its common to see that symbol on Temples in India/Japan. Not that this has anything to do with the hat, this isn’t an excuse for Germans either just a side note.

The symbol on the hat, which is the Eagle with the Swastika was something that came into use through the Nazi Party, this is what was on the hat, therefore it's a Nazi hat.

1920px-Parteiadler_Nationalsozialistische_Deutsche_Arbeiterpartei_%281933%E2%80%931945%29_%28andere%29.svg.png

In fact, here's a literal close up picture of the exact same hat:

get?irn=6913&mm_irn=14915&file=primary

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

Edited once, last by jenniesbtch ().

• Ma’am when did i say their isn’t a swastika? Did you even read what I wrote? Swastika wasn’t exclusive to the Nazis. It was a symbol of the German military before the Nazis even became a group. Should probably read the replies, the hat was also worn by german soldiers that fought with Americans against the Nazis. Does that make them Nazis? No, its a hat worn by all Visor Corps in the German military. The mannequin is wearing a Visor Corps uniform which is a generic German uniform before and during the existence of the Nazis.

PS. Swastika was used all over Europe actually, that’s why many countries who weren’t even apart of the Nazi Empire banned it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!