Who is going to lead the 4th Generation Girl Groups? NewJeans vs IVE vs aespa vs Gidle vs Nmixx vs Le Sserafim vs ITZY

• NCT. New unit incoming.

Footage of one of the new members in rehearsal.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This poll has to be a joke.

Three of these groups debuted this year, one debuted this month, and another legit hasn't debuted yet. How are they gonna lead a whole generation when they ain't barely shook hands with the industry?

• I feel like ITZY had a strong chance but their music started going downhill (at least title track wise, I've never really liked most of their B-sides), ESPECIALLY with Sneakers. It didn't help that JYP debuted NMIXX?? They already had a 4th gen gg, one with a clear concept at that, so I feel like it really confused people on where ITZY stood in 4th gen.

LE SSERAFIM, NewJeans, and NMIXX have fresh debuts, so it's way too early to try and put them in the running rn. As much as I love NMIXX though, I don't think the JYP ggs will do too well in 4th Gen. JYP had something good with ITZY but dropped the ball and NMIXX had one of the worst debuts in K-Pop. Their concept also makes no sense and their discography isn't very good, but they just started out so fingers crossed that JYP gives both groups better material. ;( They're all too talented. I think LS and NJ will do really well in the future with the way the company has marketed them and shaped their concepts + discographies!

Anyways, I picked IVE :^) I love all the groups on this list, especially IVE and aespa. I think aespa does better in the West than IVE does, but I think their concept really limits them, especially with what Westerners prefer to hear in pop music. IVE delivers that sound, though, AND I think their concept (visually + no lore) is easier for Westerners to digest as compared to aespa. I think IVE's sound and concept has more longevity than aespa's, but Starship NEEDS to give the girls more music. I think "After Like" is only a single album :/ aespa at least has more songs under the belt so if you don't like one or two, there are always other songs to turn to. IVE doesn't miss but only four songs makes them harder to listen to so constantly.

that's just my opinion though!!

• This poll has to be a joke.

Three of these groups debuted this year, one debuted this month, and another legit hasn't debuted yet. How are they gonna lead a whole generation when they ain't barely shook hands with the industry?

Agreed. Some groups shouldn't even be on here just because of how rookie/young they are, but I think K-Pop fans have a tough time swallowing that pill :/ Their group could've have just debuted but suddenly x is an it girl, y is SOTY, and the group is beating all other groups out just because they happen to enjoy them :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!