Pledis Update on Mingyu

• This makes me feel a bit better. Glad Pledis released an English statement too.

Pledis official english statement if anyone wants to read

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, i am still not going to dive into any conclusions yet. There is still a lot to be clarified.

Only thing that makes me upset is that there are a lot of mistranslations or rumors being spread about him that make situation worse.

• So glad I was pretty much off kpop twitter when all this broke and my tl is mostly non kpop stuff so I missed the mistranslation saga essentially. That is why ifans have got to be careful especially when it comes to translation stuff, fans are quite impatient about wanting info ASAP and are quite gullible when it comes to these things

• I absolutely agree. I think they took the right approach. They also issued detailed explanation about him not bullying disabled student and that the mother confirmed it was someone else.

It's hard to confirm all the details probably, but those statements made it believable for me - at least about the part with disabled student. I really hope this student is now doing ok though, because it seems like some people were really treating them badly...

I hope Pledis gets to clarify all the other accusations as well.

I hate that someone used their real trauma to fuel lies . I really hope they're doing alright as well

• Now I want that op to come out and apologize to the disabled student. That person made a sensitive part of a student life public without any consent.

• Atleast they are doing something. I really want this to be a false accusation not because of mingyu but I don't want any girl to go through that harassment.

Honestly same, we all are humans before Kpop stans. What I am also worried about is, if all of it turns out to be fake, imagine how hard it will become for actual victims to open up about their trauma. People will assume they are faking because of people who do things like this. :(

But hopefully it will turn out to be fake, and I am not only saying this because I am a Carat, but because of how traumatic and scary these things are when experienced. It’s truly horrible.

• Now I want that op to come out and apologize to the disabled student. That person made a sensitive part of a student life public without any consent.

It wasn’t the OP that said that about the disabled student, so the OP isn’t at fault and doesn’t need to apologize for anything. It was those random people online that spread fake texts about Mingyu and his friend groping a girl and bullying a disabled student. It’s likely both of those statements are false because it came from the same person lying about the bullying the disabled student accusation. The main OP (the victim) only stated that she received therapy and vaguely mentioned Mingyu in it because he used to make immature sexual jokes and used to draw pubic hair on the board, but it wasn’t directed at the OP. She only mentioned it vaguely in her therapy because it made her uncomfortable. But, let’s wait till Pledis’ investigation is over and what the OP has to say.

• I'm so confused. Correct if I know wrong. Now did Mingyu's friend grope the girl's breast or did he tell her to grasp her own breasts? Mingyu didn't touch the girl, just watched and laughed? :confused::confused::confused:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I'm so confused. Correct if I know wrong. Now did Mingyu's friend grope the girl's breast or did he tell her to grasp her own breasts? Mingyu didn't touch the girl, just watched and laughed? :confused::confused::confused:

Apparently the victim of the grabbing of the boob incident isn't actually a girl...the victim is actually a male

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :eek::confused::confused::confused:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• It wasn’t the OP that said that about the disabled student, so the OP isn’t at fault and doesn’t need to apologize for anything. It was those random people online that spread fake texts about Mingyu and his friend groping a girl and bullying a disabled student. It’s likely both of those statements are false because it came from the same person lying about the bullying the disabled student accusation. The main OP (the victim) only stated that she received therapy and vaguely mentioned Mingyu in it because he used to make immature sexual jokes and used to draw pubic hair on the board, but it wasn’t directed at the OP. She only mentioned it vaguely in her therapy because it made her uncomfortable. But, let’s wait till Pledis’ investigation is over and what the OP has to say.

I was talking about the person who spread allegations about disabled student not the first victim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!