BLACKPINK seems serious with climate change!

• They looked so serious while talking about it, also there was no script or board where they read what to say, from the way they are talking you can tell they thought about the right thing to say.

Anyway it still baffles me that so many people still ignore the serious condition our planet is in. Like they can have crazy long discussions about useless things but when it comes to real issues that really affects everyone, so many ignore.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I still can't understand how blinks seem happy about this when YG and the UN seem to have set the girls up to get dragged endlessly for all waste generated by the crazy marketing strategies of the kpop industry. It's baffling.

• I still can't understand how blinks seem happy about this when YG and the UN seem to have set the girls up to get dragged endlessly for all waste generated by the crazy marketing strategies of the kpop industry. It's baffling.

because it's all about spreading awareness, rather than setting an example. Celebrities have more influence even than politicians sometimes.

• because it's all about spreading awareness, rather than setting an example. Celebrities have more influence even than politicians sometimes.

That may be the intention, but it wont stop them being called hypocrites for talking about doing more for climate change meanwhile thier company (through them) are selling 4 versions of the same album to generate more sales, knowing full well fans will try to collect all the photocards and end up buying hundreds more albums that they need which all goes into landfill.

But unlike western celebrities who often only have to be held to account for thier own actions, the girls will be held to account for an industry wide problem, and they will be the face for it.

It may get attention, but it's not going to make any difference sadly.

This is not about the industry but them trying to spread awareness using their name since they can reach many people. Rosé had to watch her home county burn for days which killed nature, animals and humans. This seems personal. They are not operating the industry, so to bring it up is kinda weird. Who is even dragging them for this ? I haven’t seen any dragging going on :/

• This is not about the industry but them trying to spread awareness using their name since they can reach many people. Rosé had to watch her home county burn for days which killed nature, animals and humans. This seems personal. They are not operating the industry, so to bring it up is kinda weird. Who is even dragging them for this ? I haven’t seen any dragging going on :/

But isn't part of thier job to encourage people to take climate change seriously and do what they can to limit our impact? How then can they escape scrutiny when thier company is releasing 4 versions of their 1 album to generate more sales whilst creating huge amounts of waste through excess albums? Fans buying hundreds of copies to get all the photocards then throwing away the albums. They are part of the industry who are doing this, they can't escape that scrutiny.

Saying them taking on this is personal is like them trying to get away with, 'do as I say not as I do until I release this new album then screw the environment buy buy buy'. They are not going to be able to use that argument.

Its not really dragging, its criticisms from environmentalist, it may bring attention to the issues, but what will be the result? Unless thier company tries to make an example and stops that kind of thing, thier fans will only pay attention to the environment until the next album drops and then its back to the usual mass buying and the girls are going to be targets. It's been a day but I've already seen a couple posts about it.

• But isn't part of thier job to encourage people to take climate change seriously and do what they can to limit our impact? How then can they escape scrutiny when thier company is releasing 4 versions of their 1 album to generate more sales whilst creating huge amounts of waste through excess albums? Fans buying hundreds of copies to get all the photocards then throwing away the albums. They are part of the industry who are doing this, they can't escape that scrutiny.

Saying them taking on this is personal is like them trying to get away with, 'do as I say not as I do until I release this new album then screw the environment buy buy buy'. They are not going to be able to use that argument.

Its not really dragging, its criticisms from environmentalist, it may bring attention to the issues, but what will be the result? Unless thier company tries to make an example and stops that kind of thing, thier fans will only pay attention to the environment until the next album drops and then its back to the usual mass buying and the girls are going to be targets. It's been a day but I've already seen a couple posts about it.

Yoo, Girl chill lol.

You are reaching. BP is trying to bring awareness to a serious matter, they ain’t here to save the world and it’s also not their responsibility, it’s that of all of us at least they are doing something by raising awareness. Fans will bulk buy albums even if it’s one version.

• That may be the intention, but it wont stop them being called hypocrites for talking about doing more for climate change meanwhile thier company (through them) are selling 4 versions of the same album to generate more sales, knowing full well fans will try to collect all the photocards and end up buying hundreds more albums that they need which all goes into landfill.

But unlike western celebrities who often only have to be held to account for thier own actions, the girls will be held to account for an industry wide problem, and they will be the face for it.

It may get attention, but it's not going to make any difference sadly.

I don't really think anybody cares what 20 haters on Twitter are going to say.

• I like this move they and YGE made. We really need to bring awareness about our planet!

And lol to the long text being negative and finding reasons to find excuses to find whatever to find nothing :akorns: . The girls aren't responsible for the kpop industry, neither to their system. But yes, let's make changes!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!