My Teenage Girl Interaction: Jiwoo reacts to Yooyeon becoming a TripleS member as well

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For those who don’t know, TripleS is an upcoming 24 member GG created by Jaden Jeong, Loona’s ex-creative director

The members all trained in isolation, so they meet each other when they’re official members

• Isn't weird the members don't know who's in?

I really don't understand what this company is doing with this tripleS project.

For normal Kpop group standards, it would be very weird

Though this is pretty much an AKB48 esque group so in that case it isn’t much off

With that said, the current members seem to get along very well, so it could work in their favor

At least on a personal level, cuz we’ve yet to see them perform together

• I mean is not like if 2 girls were to meet each other and then start pulling each other hair because one of them stole the others boyfriend in school, that the company would not edit that out.

We only see what the editors want us to see.

• Yeah, that thing reminds me of AKB48 but that's what I don't understand. I mean, mega groups like ABK48 are not known for the quality music they put out. You don't need so many members for making a good song. The only reason there are so many girls is because they want to cover a wid range of boys' fantasies. So the girls just have to look pretty, accessible, and to embody the ideal girlfriend. No skills required, no training needed.

Kpop on the other hand prides itself with its high level of skill. Trainees practice singing and dancing for years before having a chance to debut. And I think that's what made kpop able to be successful globally (among other things).

So I think this mega group project is taking things backwards.

Unless they take the NCT route by creating not one group but several units under the same umbrella. Which I'm not a fan of either way.

• Yeah they’re actually supposed to have solos, units, and group releases. Group prob being 7-9ish. Cuz I’m sure they won’t promote as 24 (much). And they’re gonna do different concepts & music genres too

Which tbh is kinda refreshing. So long as the members get fair exposure, the idea of rotational lineups per song alongside different types of projects is really cool

As for the girlfriend aspect, that’s all Kpop groups no matter how small or talent focused they are, the whole concept of idols is to sell fantasies like that

If anything this is a step forward since no other group (aside from NCT to an extent) did this b4. I’d rather that than 5 member Girl Crush GG #65

Edited once, last by Lubby00 ().

• So ig loona never did solo and subunits…

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!