Is SUPER JUNIOR loosing fame?

• Huh! Lol. 30's isn't old. I am the old one in my 50's and whether you like it or not, they are losing their grip. Their songs have declined in quality and as my daughter has said "they haven't had a decent song since 2010" and she would know as she was the one who got me into K pop in the first place. Lol to you, sorry. ^^

For someone so "done" and "already moved on" from SJ, I'm really amused by the fact you kept posting on every forum related or somehow related to them. You kept informing or reminding everyone about you not being a fan of them anymore because their music is declining, these and that etc. The way you acted, it seems to me you are indenial and you are convincing yourself that you really not into them anymore. 🤣

----—--------

To answer the OP's question. Yes. Maybe they are loosing fame because there are new groups now; new trends; new style of music. It's inevitable. FAME is not forever But as long as they are passionate and is willing to perform and is profitable, and there are fans who still believe in them and show support. I don't think fame would matter anymore to them, LONGEVITY is.

Edited 2 times, last by hiraya ().

• Yes they are, they've been around for 17 years and have contributed a lot but I think it's time to hang up the mics boys. I don't think fans really care about them anymore. Music moves on.

Joke is on you. Kept sayin you arent a fan anymore and that you've moved on but you are the same person who comments anything where Super Junior was mentioned. You are either a closeted fan or a hypocrite fan. I think you're the latter

• They’re older, yes, but still quite successful. I wouldn’t expect their fanbase (into their 30s and 40s now) to be focused on streams and views. They’ll buy or listen to the music but they’re not putting together zombie playlists to power them to a win on MuCore.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their last two albums have actually had higher first week sales than earlier albums, so they too are seeing the effects of the Kpop boom. In fact they didn’t have an album that exceeded 400k in sales until 2019’s Time Slip! Their last three albums went platinum in Korea, which is a solid number for an older group. (This is about what a mid tier current group like Astro or Monsta X is doing.) They’re doing fine.

The albums below are from 2019 and 2021 (their last two albums)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• they're the Korean Arashi, they'll keep on working and selling for as long as they want because fans still buy their albums and go to their concerts. Good for them!

I wish my faves to be like them one day. I really hope BTS keeps on releasing music like they do. But as of now I don't have much hope on an OT7 comeback...

• the amout of bs from certain ppl I have read in this thread :pepe-cringe:

suju doesnt care about your opinion, they are still making more money than you. :peperich:

anyways, they still have a lot of fans, you can see that from their concerts.

also, older fandom dont really care about clicks, views and those things. they grew up with their group, got married, got kids. I believe they have better things to do than stream music 24/7. and have to save up money for other things.

they might had to chosoe between album and concert and most would chose the concert.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!