I Like "Cheap" MVs

• I Like "Cheap" MVs

Many seem to really hate when groups do low key MVs. Everyone's always railing on wanting everything to look "expensive" and grand. With big crazy sets and costumes etc.

Not me. Nahhh.

I like just simple MVs. Give the group a camera or follow them around in simple settings and shoot them singing and having fun. Or do a simple choreo focused MV. Or cut behind the scenes footage together.

I like my kpop more "amateurish". Less sophisticated in style.

That's what I like.

What about you?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't generally enjoy mvs, I'll watch it once and then move on. But I do like those single-take mvs, because I find it cool to watch.

• I enjoy expensive MV because it sorta "represents" the track. Even tho I don't intend to rewatch it a bunch, I see it as art and I just like knowing my favorite song has a very nice video with it.

Nice MV also make great source for GIFs for things like signature lol

Like I said, I don't spend that much time watching the MV after the initial few times, I spend more time on either fancams or performance videos instead.

• I enjoy expensive MV because it sorta "represents" the track. Even tho I don't intend to rewatch it a bunch, I see it as art and I just like knowing my favorite song has a very nice video with it.

Nice MV also make great source for GIFs for things like signature lol

Like I said, I don't spend that much time watching the MV after the initial few times, I spend more time on either fancams or performance videos instead.

I can see that. If they have a specific vision they go for. A budget can surely help realize it.

Fancams and performance videos are surely where it's at. That's why I love MVs that are essentially choreography MVs.

• Oh single take? Like which one?

hmm like these

External Content www.youtube.com

• hmm like these

Oh Save Me is one of my all time favorite MVs. Soooo good.

But I see that as more low key "cheap" side. They didn't go for all this whiz bang flash and grandeur. Just the boys out in a field doing their thing. Love it.

• Oh Save Me is one of my all time favorite MVs. Soooo good.

But I see that as more low key "cheap" side. They didn't go for all this whiz bang flash and grandeur. Just the boys out in a field doing their thing. Love it.

yeah I really enjoy the lowkey vibes lol, plus it fits the song well. I like aespa but I generally don't watch their mv more than once just becuase its really flashy, and I'm generally not into all the animation/special effects etc.

• Sure! :pepelove2:

• The best cheap MV song

• I'm the opposite, if they have a theme, a world, intricate sets the mv is all the more appealing. However as long as the mv is not a bare set with, no background or props I'm okay with the mv being low budget BUT the cinematographer and editor has to be good. Sometimes I see companies go all out on outfits and sets but the person who put the mv together is horrid and ruins everything. Something like rv/early bts mvs are what I like.

Desbundar

• What matters is if it “speaks” to you or are visually pleasing etc.

That’s not down to budget. A lot of shite are made for a lot of money and still you can shoot with an iphone :pepe-cha-ching:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!