• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Racism against black people is actually taken the most seriously out of all racism.

In the United States, people get killed over race. You don't see that happening in South Korea.

So much racism and blackface happen in Korea to black people, why do you think Sam okeyere was fighting and Koreans tried to kicked him out of the country because now they have a bad name, but I am not degrading what happens to Asian that shouldn’t be happening and I just think minorities should stand up each and notice how all the people in the video were white,

• That's not my point at all. Some black people suffer more. Some Asians suffer more. There's no need for oppression Olympics. Let's all agree that all forms of discrimination are bad.

Arguing which group has it worse doesn't lead to anything positive and only leads to one group feeling like their struggle isn't acknowledged.

Not your Point but it true black people do suffer more because in almost every continent and country in the world has some type of discrimination towards black peoples even predominantly black country’s and yes black people do have it worse than Asians

• Also, Asian do suffer especially during colonial times. Like y'all casually forgot how dem white people thinks they are superior to Asians and colonised multiple countries, with my country being one of them. And during the WW2 they just give us up to the Japanese and let the Japanese torture my people?

It's just that now we are no longer under their dumbass rule and they cannot keep us contained anymore.

Anyways, lets not make this thread a "which race suffer more" thread

• If you're speaking from a historical perspective, I would say that Black people generally had it worse.

In the United States, it's a bit more complicated because Asians and Blacks have different struggles that can't quite be compared. In current times, it's difficult to say which group has it worse. Not all Asians are as wealthy and privileged as you might think. A lot of Asians are recent immigrants living in underprivileged neighborhoods and have to deal with being targeted and harassed all the time. You just don't hear about it because that's not the narrative the media wants to tell.

yeah I get that but Asians and black people get racism like that because we are minorities

• Yeah. That reminds me of Blizzcon 2020 when Mamamoo performed Hip, people were being so racist, sexist, and xenophobic. They were also making fun of KPOP and saying unspeakable things that should not have been saying. I hope the girls didn't read the live chat...

Half-jokingly, whoever got Mamamoo to play on Blizzcon was high on his own stash. It wasn't actually a K/DA moment but to be fair, the comments (not the edgelord live chats) on WoW's channel was actually quite positive for the most part.

• People often forget that yellowface is a thing. It was a huge thing in Hollywood, with white actors playing caricatures of Asian people. The intent was to mock Asian people. That did a lot of damage to the Asian-American community and it still affects Asian Americans to this day. It affected the way people of all races viewed Asians. People have no problem beating up Asians, including elderly ones, to the point of death because they don't see them as human beings.

It wasn't until more recently that there's been consistently positive representation.

To add to that, Hollywood still can't differentiate Asians when casting. They need a person to play a Japanese role, let's get a Chinese. Recent example, the Netflix show To All the Boys I Loved Before, the character Lara Jean Covey is supposed to be Half-Korean, Half-White. They got Lana Condor to play the part. She's Vietnamese. Memoirs of a Geisha got Zhang Ziyi to portray the aforementioned geisha who is supposed to be Japanese. Because we all look the same right?

• Also, not sure if this is controversial, but I feel a lot of celebs show support for movements like the BLM movement, just to suit their agenda and image. They don't actually care about it or actually care about racism it's just to showcase their inner wokeness

I wouldn’t say wokeness, they support it because they want either the clout or don’t want backlash. Nothing to do with inner woke

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!