Should the public be harsher towards celebrities who buy pets from pet shops?

• [enter-talk] EVEN CELEBRITIES GO TO PET SHOPS SO WHY ARE COMMONERS THE ONLY ONES GETTING HATE?

bypannchoaJune 13, 2022
    AVvXsEikAiD4Ypc6SqI_HGPLITNdkRfIZYZ7jajzl_BOBxF7e7TVwYm4qXQ6TsMo_U2BOWZwMwmhzLTtkSp-YcU8JpkP5nhVfNKDP1Zx7tXatew5mMWqhU8G8Rs0N4SZvUonBqkCVWjq3_vqZ-aFrS2Lfbj1oAq_dPPO-bmyKg3LxMcZccWJ2Mwl-r6iOOCU=s16000
    (T/N: Pet.J is a pet shop in Korea, they have a page called 'Pet.J Celeb' with all the celebrities who bought pets from their shop)

Kim Wooseok was living alone in his one-room while raising a mini Bichon and Pomeranian and even adopted a British Shorthair recently (he said that he never bathed his puppies by himself once)

Good influence? Is that possible? He wants to have pretty dogs on his Instagram feed so he's been only raising pedigree dogs. Even the fans praise him for that.

People shield people like him while hating on commoners to death for raising a dog prettily from a pet shop? G-Dragon also has a ton of money but he bought a dog from a pet shop, and even if he's acting dumb right now, he hasn't been punished at all. People are forgetting about those scandalous celebrities just fine.

AVvXsEjDahnNEROKgIXx6RhFBZLkCjyC9pQ5bPtmYpRoC_HvkgVKznHUztYqW-0-F8-2Ak-Kx2ZQ6wSfod9ZrujyS0L2SfB9AYCdx9XosIqL_L6f5_QiQdP8VCjeuQfsQP_MniWvZ0JzU6ZI3Kll5d3iyiW7E84WiVaOFZA3obIAUYH03D5uMcsSNoIBwWS-=s16000

AVvXsEjdK5ekzGKMRtVzGnoIUS8tnqg3ntsql_iOhVRvsDGwcV6rPkkuJWyPJtbuWKiiJdDrkdiTpK_ODCCMvm8L5I3qQ9YRWsK7DQv58k9HplnnkpNegE3nWOdVM2oCjWij1C-UWYaS1A41KHUBtMh3DiinIVe-uRfdc5WmMlTWzq6JpvUzuvFccflyGzkQ=s16000

Who wouldn't want to raise a cute little dog like this? Raising an abandoned dog is easier said than done. If they were a medium-sized or big-sized dog, their bites could be severe. Do you guys want to raise dogs like them????

post response:
    [+429][-76]
    original post: here

1. [+222, -103]
    Chenle is praising the CCP and is even raising a dog from the pet shop though...???? The fans are saying that pet shops are not it but... They made the dog appear in one of their self-made contents back in February and it was almost animal abuse. Fans are writing business posts about him being rich but his family came to Korea to start a mala-tang business.

2. [196, -22]
    GD is just setting an example as a sunbae. Even if he threw away his dog, he's still promoting just fine. What a role model

3. [+185, -19]
    Kim Wooseok doesn't even know how to hug a dog.. Holding them like that is dangerous..

4. [+160, -13]
    You guys are hating on Jang Wonyoung for the way she eats strawberries but are shielding your oppas and unnies for consuming from pet shops

5. [+150, -43]
    Blackpink's Lisa has caught the cross-breeding disease. She's even raising a Scottish Fold which is banned in some countries overseas. Rose and Jennie's pets are also from pet shops
    > [+60, -1]
    Didn't Rose adopt an abandoned dog? She said it on Knowing Bros
    > [+55, -1]
    Rose adopted her dog, what are you saying... even the shelter made a post about it
    > [+28, -3]
    AVvXsEhb1faCxkgCAZVqePecSCWXGgxNmuEbG4dUkmxaZEGNLnKulKKfzEfxEDUBdl_BDTLsQLbgwgnHcCgUZajcZZVRJ-GKfKMTEX2xdTq_j3XOtTxxG6EUDT1HNk5p-QawK9dhnBzESCIerDUAgSszkOXE8A7En9HDXoDQdDrw_aNhUr477Db5eAN7KLkz=s16000
    (Dogmaru is an animal shelter
    Stars who visited Dogmaru: Hyuna, Rose, Jungkook)

6. [+125, -3]
    People who are so busy that they can't even look after their animals but are raising 8 crossbred animals from pet shops (ex. Lisa) are the most fascinating. At least if they adopt animals and have a lot of money, they are doing something positive. But the people who have a lot of money but buy animals from pet shops are no different than animal hoarders

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• There are a downside to rehomed dogs too. Lots of them have issues like wasn’t trained properly, aggressive against other animals or humans, anxious and can’t be left alone. Dogs like this need attention and they can be lot of hard work. Celebrities might not be the best owners for them. Some people might simply prefer raising their dogs from the beginning.

Some of these comments look like they just here to drag celebrities and the whole “rehome pets” thing is just fake concern.

For example: Years ago we went to the rehome center. I fell in love with an American bulldog. It was there for two years already, nobody wanted him. He was a big boy and they found him on the street, no training whatsoever. In two years he learn potty training but refuse to behave in leash. I was almost dragged through the mud when I took the leash. I had to leave him there because I wasn’t the right owner for him.

I got a puppy, same breed but a girl. I raised her, even went to a dog trainer because she was strong too, by the same age she was walking on and off leash nicely next to me.

:pepe-shrug:

• I wish people would remember that it's not always simple to care for a rescue. Some of them need stability or certain types of homes and most of these celebrities live very hectic lifestyles where they either have to leave their pets in someone else's care or travel with it and that's not something you can always just do with a rescue.

Should be people adopt? Absolutely. Are celebrities somehow terrible people for buying a dog? Of course not.

We took in a dog that someone dumped off at our house and she had major trauma from riding in vehicles and being left alone for more than a day.

Kim Wooseok was living alone in his one-room while raising a mini Bichon and Pomeranian and even adopted a British Shorthair recently (he said that he never bathed his puppies by himself once)

also wtf is this? there's nothing wrong with taking animals to a groomer. stop trying to shame people for paying for a service. that's literally helping someone else provide for their family by using their service. :huuh:

• this 100%

its easy to judge people without thinking beyond the surface

• TBH, the system is messed up at the top. Think about how much breed standards have fucked up some dogs' ability to breath or walk. If even the authority on dogs is basically advocating that kind of treatment, then it's a systemic issue, not one you can expect an individual consumer to resolve.

Granted, consumers have an obligation to make their own choices as carefully as possible. One of my own neighbors is a backyard breeder, and when her dog had puppies, she shoved the litter of 8 puppies outside for 12-14 hours a day with a single bowl of water smaller than the one I have for my one dog. She didn't even bring them inside when it rained, and they had no shelter or hay to keep warm. I both thought less of her (but animal control didn't gaf, my state is one of the worst in the nation for animal protection), and I thought less of a different neighbor who bought a puppy from her, despite her house being perfectly positioned to see this treatment of the animals first hand.

If this particular pet shop is more like the backyard breeder than a reputable breeder that takes good care of the animals, then yeah, I get being judgy af about people buying a dog from them. Going "But GD!" doesn't absolve you from your own choices to do the same.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Honestly I’ll never understand the point of buying tiny dogs full of health problems that are probably the result of some animal abuse from these “shops”

And if you don’t want to deal with untrained dogs I’m more than sure that there is plenty of puppies ready for donation everywhere

Edit: also I’m talking about experience, rescue dogs aren’t difficult to train unless you’re getting a dog that was heavily abused to the point they’re distressed over human contact. There’s plenty of rescued dogs that were just taken from the street and with a little patience they’ll be just as trained as any other dog.

They made the dog appear in one of their self-made contents back in February and it was almost animal abuse.

what?

Kim Wooseok doesn't even know how to hug a dog.. Holding them like that is dangerous..

even more what?

Now I am VERY anti buying dogs and cats from pet stores because they are always from mills but like ARAs go just a tad too far :cryingr:

Note to AKPers, never buy a dog or cat from a pet store unless it's a Petsmart situation with actual adoptable animals. PLEASE adopt or seek out responsible breeders instead. If you ever need I can even help you find one

• Most states in the US also have a lot of pet stores that sell dogs. My town has always had a sketchy mom and pop store but newly got a chain called Petland notorious for selling dogs with parvo :( If you look up stories it's seriously crazy how the place stays in business

Y'all must have way better animal protection laws

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!