A General Commentary About The Yet To Come Drama/Situation

• Hello! I don't know if I overstated what is really going on in the title or not, but I didn't know what else to call it that would be accurate and concise. Sorry about that. So, as I'm sure you all know by now, BTS released their new anthology album with the title track "Yet To Come", referencing some of their most iconic and beloved past eras, their struggles in the past, where they are now and what direction they'd like to take their music in the future. Please correct me if I got anything wrong. I don't remember all of the lyrics very well right now, but I think that was more or less the general idea and thought behind them.

Anyway, so, the song was released and there seems to be some divided opinions on it. I had the "Bop vs Flop" thread of it bookmarked when I first found it, read a lot of the comments, and seemed to notice a general trend. MOST non-ARMY's (including me if I must be honest) liked the sentiment, but decided that personally, the song was just not for them for one reason or another. On the other hand, most ARMY's seemed to love it and found it really meaningful and touching. In fact, pretty much all the ARMY's I have seen on here have been happy with all three new songs and I'm happy for them. Your faves releasing new music is awesome and you have every right to be happy and celebrate over it.

Then, things started to take a turn at some point, I'm not sure exactly when. The general consensus among non-ARMY's went from saying it was not for them, but they could appreciate it, to outright bashing the song and hating on it. From what I have seen, a few ARMY's have noticed this shift and become (rightfully) annoyed by it. One moment you're bopping to a meaningful song you love and the next someone is trashing it. I would be annoyed by this too honestly. I have a few things I want to get off of my chest about this whole situation.

First of all, to all the ARMY's on here, I know it may be tough to do and easier said than done, but please try your best to not let to comments hating on the song dampen your mood too much. Acknowledge that they may not enjoy the song as much as you do, and then focus on the positive: BTS released three new songs and all three seem to be well loved among the fandom. That's incredible news. Also, I have no idea how well any of the songs are charting, but I assume they are doing pretty well. Whether they are or not, I personally wouldn't stress over it one way or another (not that I have seen anyone acting like this yet, I just want to address it just in case). To me, what matters is not how well a song performs on various charts, but how much the fandom loves it. The fandom as a whole (from what I've seen anyway) seems to cherish it, so that should be what matters most.

To the polite and courteous non-ARMY's who expressed their opinion on the song (whether they ended up liking it or not): thank you. Thank you for being so respectful and mature. I really do appreciate seeing you all be like this. Keep up the wonderful outlook.

To the people who bashed the song, I do have something to tell you. You know what? You're allowed to do it. Provided it doesn't break the rules of the forum or get you in trouble that is. If you dislike a song, you're allowed to express it. Not everyone has the same taste in music and that's okay. In fact, we all have very diverse music taste on here, even with the genre of K-Pop, and I kind of like it that way. You're even allowed to express your dislike of the song to your hearts' content.

That being said, I wouldn't do that. First of all, I'm sure BTS worked very hard on that song and that they wouldn't release a song they weren't proud of. Of course, this doesn't make a song immune from criticism, but please keep it in mind. Also, I think there is a difference between saying you dislike a song politely once, perhaps even lightheartedly joking about it to lighten the mood, and cruelly spewing hateful things about it multiple times. Again, if it's within the forum rules, you're technically allowed to do it, but my question is why would you want to? Think about it. It must be tiring to constantly express the same opinion over and over again. Most people will not suddenly dislike the song just because you do. If anything, if you do it over and over, it may upset the fandom and lead to a fight that quite frankly, no one actually wants. Lastly, remember the golden rule. Are you able to sincerely tell me that if your favorite group released a song you loved dearly, you wouldn't feel even the slightest bit sad if someone said they wished that song wasn't released or that it hurt their ears (or something equally as bad)?

Just to be clear with the intention of my post, I am not intending this to be directed to any user on here at all, indirectly or directly, only to a trend on here I have noticed as a whole. I am not trying to silence people from voicing their opinion on songs they dislike, I do it myself too, just to let people know not to go too far with it. I am also have heard that some ARMY's on here (and especially the ones that only or mainly stan BTS) feel as if they get treated unfairly because of it, and the reception this song got probably did not improve that feeling. Those users are every bit a part of this site as you are, so if it's not asking too much, please treat them the way you'd like to be treated. If they're happy about the comeback, state your thoughts, then move on and let them be happy. They all deserve a peaceful comeback.

I know a lot of what I said was because of what is currently happening with the reception of "Yet To Come" on here, but I also hope all fandoms can apply what I have said as well for their group's future comebacks. If someone dislikes a song, acknowledge it, see where they are coming from or why they feel that way (if you want to) and then try your best to focus on the positives and the people who do like it. Non-fans, you can say how you honestly feel, and I encourage you to do so, but please do so within a reasonable limit and be aware of the potential consequences if you don't. If you're confused on how to express your option in an appropriate way, feel free to ask me and I can give you some advice. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Have a great day/night!

- A non-ARMY who wants ARMY's to be happy this comeback

• everything is ok? just 2-3 trolls making some bts peaked threads and some people giving their opinions

of course everyone will interpret the lyrics in different ways and that's ok

its better than not reading the lyrics at all

Yeah, everything's okay, I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay and not letting it affect you negatively too much. I'm glad that's your outlook. I also agree with that. Different lyrics can have different interpretations and that's fine. That is true, some people don't even do that much.

• In terms of hate and threads claiming BTS are flopping and declining, this comeback has been very tame so I'm unaffected by it. I think pretty much every ARMY on this site is used to way worse. Honestly, seeing some users that barely log in anymore come here to post a bunch of threads about BTS, a group they clearly don't like, is kinda amusing in a embarrassing way :pepe-cringe:

• In terms of hate and threads claiming BTS are flopping and declining, this comeback has been very tame so I'm unaffected by it. I think pretty much every ARMY on this site is used to way worse. Honestly, seeing some users that barely log in anymore come here to post a bunch of threads about BTS, a group they clearly don't like, is kinda amusing in a embarrassing way :pepe-cringe:

Wait, this is tame for you guys? That honestly sounds sad. I don't want to imagine what it's like when it's really bad then. That must be awful to deal with. I'm glad you're able to find humor in this situation. We need more people who can think like that.

When I made this post, I was worried for how ARMY's were handling the hate towards the song, but based off of your post and a few others above yours, it appears that there's been worse and this comeback has been doing relatively fine, all things considered. I'm very happy to hear that and I hope it stays that way. I'm just glad I was worried over nothing.

• everything is ok? just 2-3 trolls making some bts peaked threads and some people giving their opinions

of course everyone will interpret the lyrics in different ways and that's ok

its better than not reading the lyrics at all

It went full metalinguistic then, because the drama probably is yet to come

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• First, this is very sweet and I love to see that you have sense and despite what some may think, I do believe most users on here do too. Trolls, however, are really loud. Those trolls make most of the threads. On one hand, we see a lot of funny responses to these obvious trolling attempts and it's a great field for akorn farming! On the other hand, those threads unfortunately tend to embolden other users who would otherwise have sense and focus on their faves to start their own METOO hashtag and sadly in response, some of the ult groups of the trolls get dragged. :(

Second, those trolls are not going to read this cause they prefer to waste braincells on new ways to put down who they think are rival groups. So expect a TL;DR from all of them. Thanks all the same!

Third, not you proving that not only ex-ARMY can write essays around BTS!

• Wait, this is tame for you guys? That honestly sounds sad. I don't want to imagine what it's like when it's really bad then. That must be awful to deal with. I'm glad you're able to find humor in this situation. We need more people who can think like that.

When I made this post, I was worried for how ARMY's were handling the hate towards the song, but based off of your post and a few others above yours, it appears that there's been worse and this comeback has been doing relatively fine, all things considered. I'm very happy to hear that and I hope it stays that way. I'm just glad I was worried over nothing.

Very very very tame. You were not at AKP pre-revamp. LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Sorry, moderation was a joke when more than half of them were anti-BTS too. So those threads FLOURISHED.

Yea, I find it pretty amusing to see the reaches. It's just :pepe-peek: Are you not embarrassed yet? How many more threads? :pepe-peek:

• Very very very tame. You were not at AKP pre-revamp. LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Sorry, moderation was a joke when more than half of them were anti-BTS too. So those threads FLOURISHED.

I'm glad to hear it's not that bad this comeback. I was not, sadly. It sounds like a whole different era honestly and so many things seem to different (at least how it was described to me). Wait, the moderation was really like that? If more than half the moderators hated my faves (thankfully they don't), I'd be pretty upset most of the time. I don't know how you survived.

• I'm glad to hear it's not that bad this comeback. I was not, sadly. It sounds like a whole different era honestly and so many things seem to different (at least how it was described to me). Wait, the moderation was really like that? If more than half the moderators hated my faves (thankfully they don't), I'd be pretty upset most of the time. I don't know how you survived.

Well, someone had to stick around to speak up for BTS. And now we have people saying it's a BTS site cause it isn't the cesspool of hatred against BTS that you can find on other sites. :pepe-shrug:

• Thank you for the sweet post. Really appreciate it 💜. But don’t worry this is nothing compared to what was said and thrown in the way of BTS before. Also these troll threads don’t have that much traction compared to previous years, probably cos many active armys users left the platform And those who are remaining aren’t taking it seriously anymore

• Pretty sure Jasque-O-Part2 just means this post went deep into the reading between the lines and finding motivations to get ahead of the belief that ARMY would get pissed and going borahae on some asses. But we're just laughing cause this is nothing.

Yes, that's the idea

because when we say "yet to come drama" it has a second meaning without context lol

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• Thank you for the sweet post. Really appreciate it 💜. But don’t worry this is nothing compared to what was said and thrown in the way of BTS before. Also these troll threads don’t have that much traction compared to previous years, probably cos many active armys users left the platform And those who are remaining aren’t taking it seriously anymore

Thank you for your sweet reply. I also really appreciate it. Yikes. I'm just realizing how mentally strong the ARMY's on here are for all of this. If my faves got this much backlash for a comeback, I likely would not have the mental strength you all seem to have. I wish this site (as a whole) was more welcoming to ARMY's so that the old ones how left because of the hate towards BTS would feel safe to come back. I'd love to have gotten to know them. At least I think so. I'm also glad no one is taking the hate personally. It's a huge relief for me, as I was worried about this for more than a day before I posted this, but my fears were for nothing.

• Thank you for your sweet reply. I also really appreciate it. Yikes. I'm just realizing how mentally strong the ARMY's on here are for all of this. If my faves got this much backlash for a comeback, I likely would not have the mental strength you all seem to have. I wish this site (as a whole) was more welcoming to ARMY's so that the old ones how left because of the hate towards BTS would feel safe to come back. I'd love to have gotten to know them. At least I think so. I'm also glad no one is taking the hate personally. It's a huge relief for me, as I was worried about this for more than a day before I posted this, but my fears were for nothing.

Unfortunately this is the curse of popular groups, since BTS is the most pop group they really face the extent of it in full force. There were multiple reasons why these armys left, I’m sure when they feel comfortable they might come back. This site has been very anti army and will probably be so 🤷🏽‍♀️, armys are the villains of many stans here ( sarcasm). But really thank you for making a thread, it’s nice to receive kindness from non armys

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!