Anyone watching Obi Wan Kenobi? If yes then what are your thoughts about it?

• anyone?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm watching but I'm behind so I probably won't come back to this thread until I get caught up.

I like it so far. So far, it's probably the show that most feels like Star Wars. It ties into the original saga (movies 1977-2005) the most and actually includes Jedi and more of the Sith.

I love the Mandolorian and Boba Fett is alright but it doesn't feel like Star Wars as much as Obi-Wan Kenobi

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I feel conflicted.

Obi-wan is my favourite prequels character, so I was extremely excited to see him get his own series. And I got even more excited when I learnt that they were bringing not just Ewan back but Hayden as well. I always liked their chemistry and assumed this meant we'd be getting some cool flash back scenes and that this would be a deep and character driven story. Something that, 4 episodes out of 6 into the series, it is definitely not.

I've since gone from super excited (first episode), to still pretty hopeful (second), to more than a little dismayed (third), to "what the f even is this shit?" (fourth episode).

I'll keep watching though. I have a lot of issues with this series already (which I won't list right now, because it'd get too spoilery) but who knows, it could still have a somewhat decent ending.

I really like young Leia though. Amazing little actress.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!