YG Operating Profit Up 435% in 2020

• You should specify "korean" numbers

Ion doubt they will break melon & spend couple weeks at #1 on gaon digital charts but like kpop is global now so korean numbers alone aren't enough to warrant "biggest cb" ever seen

Also their album sales are historically weak so ion expect more than 250K from them & globally they will be behind the Big 3 in digitals & streaming tho they will probably be able to reclaim Chinese numbers from BP (BTS & BP & Twice)

Touring + korean digitals are the only aspect BB can compete with the current BIG 3 even then I doubt they will be able to beat BP 2022 touring numbers even with Japan domes.. Bts is too far ahead

Twice will also be a hurdle since they can also pull crazy numbers in Japan

• I can pull the numbers but BB still has the biggest touring numbers besides TVXQ. They'll be able to resume at pretty high levels as interest has stayed consistently high.

The biggest money-maker in music is touring, so not doing big numbers on physicals don't really matter here.

And their brand has stayed strong in Asia, so they'll hit numbers outside Korea too. Despite their Korean chart success, their big numbers came outside Korea.

Edit:

Found the numbers. This was through 2019. Obviously no one toured in 2020. So these are still good numbers. No one's touching BB

1.BTS- World Tour: Love Yourself ~1,585,000+ with 51 shows (still touring). (2018-2019)

2. BIGBANG - MADE World Tour ~1,500,000 with 66 shows (2014-2015)

3. BIGBANG - 0 TO 10 Asia Tour 1,115,000 with 24 shows. (2016-2017)

4. TVXQ -Begin Again Japan Tour 1,005,000 with 20 shows (2017-2018)

5. TVXQ -Time Japan Tour 890,000 with 18 shows (2013)

6. BIGBANG -ALIVE World Tour 800,000 with 48 shows (2012)

7. BIGBANG -Japan Dome Tour 771,000 with 16 shows (2013-2014)

7. TVXQ-With Japan Tour 750,000 16 shows (2015)

8. Rain- The Legend of Rainism Asia Tour 745,000 with 24 shows (2009)

8. EXO-Exo Planet 2 Exo'luxion Asia Tour 742,856 with 44 shows (2015-2016)

9. BIGBANG - Japan Dome Tour X ~ 741,000 with 15 shows (2014-2015)

10. EXO - Exo Planet 3-The Exo'rdium World tour 680,906 with 37 shows (2016 - 2017)

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Despite still being the #1 shareholder in YGPlus, YGE still earned $35 million from selling a portion of their stocks in YGPlus.

The transaction will go through on March 1st and will probably be reflected in first quarter of 2021.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• So there's an article that says YG is in deficit on this board and this one saying their profits have risen by over 400%.

Do financial sites just go with whatever narrative they feel like on the day?

• So there's an article that says YG is in deficit on this board and this one saying their profits have risen by over 400%.

Do financial sites just go with whatever narrative they feel like on the day?

Operating profit is different from net profit.

Operating profit is a more accurate way to gauge performance.

YG Family

1080x360

• I am a dummy when it comes to finances.

So, bottom line is they're doing better than they were?

Absolutely.

And with TREASURE's Korean and Japanese albums as well as Rose's albums hitting huge numbers and YG netting $35 million in stock sales from YGPlus, the first Quarter is going to hit huge numbers.

BP's online concert will be on Q1 as well.

YG Family

1080x360

• Q1 numbers is scheduled for May 13th, but they usually leak a couple of days before.

YG Family

1080x360

• Oh and YN Culture and Space, YG and Naver's new real estate development company may be making some moves soon.

YG Family

1080x360

• That's um odd. When I go to the financial reports from the Wall Street Journal

It states YG-Plus lost money (net income) for the year and is down 1500%+ or 7.1B Won.

https://www.wsj.com/market-dat…/quarter/income-statement

For YGE it said it gained 124% in (net income) for the year but the actual profit was only 3.15B Won.

https://www.wsj.com/market-dat…s/annual/income-statement

Something odd here though don't know which one is incorrect.

ps: net income is the sales revenue minus costs, taxes, misc other expenses, etc... If you make a 100Trillion won but it cost you 200Trillion won to make that it shows up there.

• Operating Profit is a more accurate way to track performance.

Operating Profit = Gross ProfitOperating Expenses – Depreciation – Amortization

The last article in the OP...

"YG Entertainment recorded consolidated sales of 83.4 billion won and operating profit of 5.4 billion won in the fourth quarter of last year . Compared to the same period of the previous year , it rose 27.3 % and 435.6 %, respectively , but operating profit fell below the market forecast (consensus) of KRW6.8 billion. However , it recorded an operating profit of 10.7 billion won annually, an increase of 431 % year-on-year"

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!