AWESOME Korean grrrl rock [Rolling Quartz]

• Yesterday girl rock band Rolling Quartz debuted their mv “Holler” with an amazing live gig!

I know most are here for kpop but these lady’s are badass, so please have an open mind and them check out주세요

New mv below

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/214464/

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/214463/

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/214462/

6E74EE4F-D55D-484B-9373-971CFCA28516.jpeg

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Demon_owl

Changed the title of the thread from “Korean grrrl rock” to “Gig and Mv debuts Korean grrrl rock [Rolling Quartz]”.
  • Demon_owl

Changed the title of the thread from “Gig and Mv debuts Korean grrrl rock [Rolling Quartz]” to “AWESOME Korean grrrl rock [Rolling Quartz]”.
  • External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I checked a few of their clips. I didnt like their original song (too much like Dreamcatcher's goth metal sound) but this cover they did of a classic Skid Row song from the 80s definitely caught my attention. It was pretty damn good.

Honestly, as the biggest rock fan on this forum, i think i'm starting to resign myself to the fact that except for a few outliers here and there (the new Gaga song for Top Gun was freaking great for example, Still Life by BB, Lovesong by TXT), rock is truly dead. Maybe all the best sounds, the best melodies and riffs and hooks, maybe they were all done too well back in the heyday of rock. Maybe there just isnt much opportunity for new rock bands or rock type songs to truly stand out without basically copying those legendary songs that are now around 40 years old on average ;(;(.

BTW, i would love to see them do a cover of Skid Row's best song and one of the best songs of alltime frankly.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I LOVE Rolling Quartz and happy they are getting bigger. They just announced playing at Otakon.

But I can't help feel they are holding themselves back somehow. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but they are being too... safe?

I'm not expecting them to go full Nordic Death Metal with death growls and all... but they need more... power? oomph? Energy?

But also... Arem... sigh.

• Yes! YEEEEEES finally :borahae:

I think reasons for being less “heavy” is partly Korea doesn’t have the same developed metal scene as eg Japan, but I think they also are adjusted to be somewhat more gp friendly. They even played at m countdown once

Holler imo is a step toward the heavier side.

And yes, Arem! Her stage charisma is no joke. Else my bias is Jayoung

• I agree. Their EP was missing something. Their single Blaze is their best song.

• :excited-bee:

Seen them performing in an event before and really enjoyed their song but I had no clue about what they were called lol

Watched this and it’s a good song. I like the singer’s voice.

Have no clue what was happening in the video but it was beautiful. Their titles are fun. Lol

11E85F7E-B386-4B55-92E7-768B2F79CA98.jpg

Also wow the live performance.

• :rose3:

They covered Azalea!!! I’m gonna go crazy lol

• Members

Arem

F6rAff2b0AAsjgy?format=jpg

Birth Name: Kim A Reum
    Position: Bassist
    Birthday: September 27th, 1994-95
    Instagram: @arem_k

Iree

F5M0xGzWUAATxD_?format=jpg

Birth Name: –
    Position: Lead Guitarist
    Birthday: October 17th, 1995
    Instagram: @iree_rq

Yeongeun

F5NzJLGWwAAiang?format=jpg

Birth Name: Im Yeong Eun
    Position: Drummer
    Birthday: July 8th, 1996

Instagram: @drummer_ye

Jayoung

F6rCpfRboAAdgeS?format=jpg

Birth Name: Park Ja Young
    Position: Main Vocalist
    Birthday: October 27th, 1996
    Instagram: @jayoung__v

Hyunjung

F6rDB1IbcAAIcZH?format=jpg&name=medium

Birth Name: Choi Hyun Jung

Position: Rhythm Guitarist, Maknae
    Birthday: October 31st, 1996

Instagram: @ch_jung0_0

• Music Videos

• Discography

Albums

External Content open.spotify.com

Singles

• NAZABABARA | Show! MusicCore | MBC221001

AleXa & Rolling Quartz are Otakon style

External Content twitter.com

• Rolling Quartz(롤링쿼츠) - NAZABABARA @인기가요 inkigayo 20221002

FeEdGrCUYAAs7sY?format=jpg&name=small

• MV for NAZABABARA by Rolling Quartz is out.

• More of their playlist

Singles

Albums

• MV for NAZABABARA by Rolling Quartz is out.

Thoughts? I was a bit surprised, since it's definitely their most "pop" song yet.

• Thoughts? I was a bit surprised, since it's definitely their most "pop" song yet.

For sure, is ok for them to try it, they need to make money after all, hopefully they have a good balance of harder rock songs and poppy songs in the future.

• I don't mind it; I also enjoy pop rock.

But the b-side goes heavy 2x.gif

External Content music.youtube.com

• And here's the M Countdown stage for Nazababara:

• What the hell is going on? As we see below, CocaNButter's new music video for Mi Deh Yah uses the same two sets from Nazababara!

rollingCoca.jpg

Maybe they got a 2 for 1 discount lol

• simple kpop - Rolling Quartz - Sing your heart out + NAZABABARA★Simply's Spotlight★_Ep.540

• And here's the M Countdown stage for Nazababara:

FeeciOIUYAEribM?format=jpg&name=large

• I didn't know they had performed it before

• For sure, is ok for them to try it, they need to make money after all, hopefully they have a good balance of harder rock songs and poppy songs in the future.

Their new single album is called Hybrid, so perhaps that's a reference to the group's duality.

And in fact, even though "Nazababara" may have more of a pop sound, the other song on their album, "Sing Your Heart Out", has a much harder feel, as omnimorphism mentioned.

• This thread contains 112 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!