Ironic KPOP songs?

• The definition of ironic is: "happening in the opposite way to what is expected"

So, with that being said, what are some KPOP songs that seem cute or another concept because of the tune, music video, or other aspects of a song and/or music video that are the opposite of the meaning? For example, like a cute song with a dark meaning like something depressing...

For me, I would say TWICE Likey. Everything about the song is cute, from the music video to the song itself. The only thing that isn't cute is the lyrics. It's about someone who feels like she needs validation by likes and followers, but in the end, she realizes she needs to be true to herself.

For example:

• In that small screen, I want to look the prettiest, but I'm still hiding these feelings in my heart
    • Look at this and smile for me, and please press it on the bottom of that cute red heart heart
    • Holding in my breath so I can zip up, pulling it over my waist once more
    • But like you, I can't sleep. I don't care if I run late.
    • I feel so down today. I try to act like I'm not but people ask if I'm sad.
    • I'm upset because you aren't reacting at all and my senseless friends keep calling me to come out
    • Oh, wait, oh wait. The call is coming now. All day, my mood goes back and forth, up and down. Now I'm dancing

The lyrics are pretty depressing but the song is so bright, it's hard to mistake it for being an innocently cute song.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• A meaningful bop. Twice's songs were so cheerful but have such a deep message. Imagine how suprised I was that up no more wasn't about love.

LMAO, I never thought it was about love, before I knew the English translation the "I don't want to be up no more" line convinced me that it was more about being stressed and being kept up at night, not in the other way. If you know what I mean lmao. I wasn't surprised when Jihyo said it was about insomnia because that's when I thought but I thought it was such a deep meaning in the first place.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• my sig

𝙮𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙣

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlashyPleasantAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

:pepe-toast::pepeflushed::pepe-toast:

• LMAO

I see what you're saying. You can't go wrong with Yoon!

:pepe-toast:

ahhh shit i changed my sig when you posted this, the sig i was talking about was my old one

the true ironic masterpiece (even though a parody and not a kpop song):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yes

this used to be my sig

• BTS

Bald

Teen

Studios

(mods pls dont ban me)

• OHH Lmao, I saw that earlier actually. I was kind of confused at first. Truly a masterpiece *chefs kiss* You have good taste :P

Yoon is still looking fabulous as ever <3

• OHH Lmao, I saw that earlier actually. I was kind of confused at first. Truly a masterpiece *chefs kiss* You have good taste :P

Yoon is still looking fabulous as ever <3

Jihyo is surely tired of helping people's prayers from how Goddess she is PeepoGlad

• BAP-ONE SHOT

The video is about kidnap, money, and killing. Typical BAP video.

However, ironically the song isnt about that at all, the song is about not wasting your life away because of others, or your way of thinking. Dont give up, cause you got one shot in life.

External Content youtu.be

• OMG I love that! <3

• A.C.E - Cactus

I am not 100% sure but the lyrics are kinda ... well ... if your love is as dry as a cactus who never gets water ... you gett what I mean ... em yeah ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!