Posts by Plushieless

MBC shoot themselves in the foot by not providing English subtitles and a live om YouTube like it was said. Perhaps it was just rumors but they should've at least given some effort

Then the show was basically a mess, it looked like they were making things up as the season went. Too many eliminations, following a system that in the end served NOTHING to the final lineup (like having a spot for each grade according to their victories in the lineup)

And in the end they gave a benefit that yeted one of the favorite contestants (Yooyeon) out of the lineup. She even had a China bar. Plus none of the 3rd graders made it so the ages are even more baffling

Plus the managing of the company that they're under is terrible. They're basically killing all the hype they could've have had

Think depends on the song honestly

No doubt that IVE had an initial impulse by Wonyoung's (and also Yujin) popularity, but I believe Eleven really did click with the public so the song continued to chart even after promotion ended

If Lesserafim has a song that the public likes then I can't see why not. I believe they will have good sales and views (the fanbases of Sakura + Chaewon and even, to much lesser extent though, Yunjin will certainly be joining in)

That ... something. As far as I know Min Heejin is not involved at all with Source, much less with GFriend's disbandment. She's the CEO of another totally different sub label that is house of one of the new GGs under Hybe that is yet to debut.

So... they're getting hate for something completely unrelated to them?? And I thought I'd seen it all...

Like, sou could say it's by association cause both are under HYBE. But still, that's a pretty shitty and petty reason

There's certainly a bunch of factors:

- The companies had no idea about how to deal with the post-I.O.I girls. The Produce series was a new thing, it's success and how to milk it to their best ability was a foreign notion cause they had no idea what to do with it. Hence they made some mistakes which is my next point:

- Adding too many members on the lineup, not focusing enough on each member as individuals and pushing the spotlight mostly on the ex-I.O.I girls.

- Lukewarm debut songs. This is mostly for Gugudan, Weki Meki, Pristin. Obviously, not that a badly received debut song would be the end, but it certainly wouldn't hurt having at least this

- Rushing. This mostly for Gugudan, Dia and WJSN but it probably wasn't the smartest idea to pull members out of the lineup to debut or have a comeback when I.O.I was still a group.

All this resulted in not very successful groups. I think Starship realized all the errors and corrected them

Also a bit of luck and timing did wonders. Leeseo just so happened to go viral and when IVE debuted there wasn't any strong competition or big groups around.

I think what makes me dislike DSP and subsequently April is mostly the narrative they are using against Hyunjoo to prove themselves right

They constantly victim blame, saying she was so weak willed and sick, then they now started to say how much of a toxic person she actually was

If they just, you know, made a statement, not confirming nor denying anything (as I doubt they ever will tell the whole truth) but utimately admited to the toxic enviroment and how it affected Hyunjoo, at least they could've gotten out of this, with a lot of damage, but at least this drama would just end. Obviously, also with a private apology to her that doesn't necessarily need to be reported to the media

Lots of factors I guess, but as most I thought about were already pointed out. I'll elaborate further on one argument I didn't see as often;

Lack of individual activities.

I think what Twice lacks despite them achieving so much success is the girls having a more individual presence on the mídia. If the GP knew them better as individuals aside from just a group, probably they'd be more attached.

I know that with individual activities there was a slight chance of happening a "X and friends" like happened with Miss A. And that's something JYP probably feared, but since they experienced it before then probably they'd know how to be cautious.

Plus it's not like Twice has only one member who's marketable enough. All of them are very pretty, JYP could've catered to their individual inclinations (variety, mcing, CF etc.) more

And the best part of all: after the group disbandment, or a member's departure or simply slowing down on group comebacks, all of them would have a better footing on the industry

I mean, in a technicality they did not confirm anything. The article was written by someone who, supposedly, got a leak. But BBC never confirmed or denied anything, they never even mentioned the article. Although they didn't remove it either...

However we do know something is indeed in the works. The girls mentioned how busy they are with preparations, Lip just recently addressed this on her letter as well and on the last vlive Yves did say it will come soon (although by now we know that her words are usually more like protocol, a reassurance for the fans rather than something that will come within days or week)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Probably I wouldn't ruin anyone's career

I mean, I've been bullied before (albeit not for years but for months) and if I had the chance once again I'd like to say everything I didn't have the courage to back then.

But that's as far as I'd go.

I wouldn't expose though. Years passed, who knows if they've changed. If yes, excellent. If not, whatever. This person is out of my life, I can't do anything.

To some extent

But really, banning it altogether would probably shorten the promotion time, which already isn't that big.

For music shows, it shouldn't be banned in my opinion. Perhaps discouraged on the first few weeks of promo (depending on how long a group promotes).

The rest could be all right I guess

We could also see a decrease on the complexity of chores in favor of more stable vocals too. For me it's half half, I like complexity and being wowed but I also like simpler, probably catchier chores that allow more vocals

But I'll admit I'm pretty blase about lip syncing in music shows, award shows etc. For me they only have the obligation of live singing at concerts, and even then I'd excuse some lip syncing parts in the hardest parts of choreos.

The LOONA girls have this habit of imitating Go Won's voice...

If I remember it started here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.