Posts by aclassyteaparty

the kpop industry's whole allure lies in the illusion idols sell fans. whether its the fan-idol relationship illusion or the group member-group member relationship illusion. kpop relies on parasocial relationships and its how they are able to gain so many loyal fans that buy any and everything, that bulk buy, that spend crazy amounts of money on luxury birthday gifts for the idol ect. groups where the members don't pretend they are at least really friendly are the ones in danger of bad rumors. bc akgaes have no problem putting other members on blast in the name of their fav.

anyway, idols are aware of what is expected of them in this industry and they play it up. thats why fanservice is even a thing. sure some companies force it, but a lot of the idols do it because they can and know what they will gain from it.

the fandom will probably never change and so the industry wont either

wouldn't be very smart. the only reason you would carry on a group name and replace members is if the group name is a big enough brand to allow for new faces that will be accepted by the fandom, or if the group is still too young/unpopular to have that many outraged fans. loona fits into neither of these categories and a full roster switch means bye bye fandom.

bbc apparently has another group in the works as they had a trainee on girls planet, but theres no real news there. i could see them trying to keep the name loona alive but its not going to go well.

lily was absolutely squandered in this group. i remember i was excited to see her debut after her stint on kpop star back in the day. she was a charming girl with an amazing voice. but not only did jype not even market her, not even TRY to make the people that remembered her get hyped about her, they gave her the worst possible styling, and a debut with a song that was not created to really showcase anyone's vocal ability except for a brief section in the middle.

lily had the most lines in o.o but she did not stand out. she was barely given a center part. and its just another example of jype not knowing how to handle their individual idols. they don't know how to play to their strengths at all.

i feel sad for lily and i honestly think she would have been better off debuting in itzy or solo.

jyp always rely on it girls for their ggs. wonder girls have sohee, miss a have suzy, twice got sana's shy3 to catapult their career

itzy got none. yuna has potential but lack personality. they actually need somi more than somi needs them

chaeryeong could have been it after the viral moment. she isn't exactly the "visual standard" but neither was momoland's jooe. neither was hwasa for that matter. all of this is to say there has always been a market for charismatic and fun girls over just straight up visual it girls. jype just doesn't want itzy members to reach their full potential as stars. or doesn't know how to push them in the right direction when they have any buzz

I think the difference is that they will have a smaller number of more popular contestants (like Queendom), but I have no idea how the groups would benefit from being on the show.

this doesn't sound like its for "more popular" groups... why would someone in a popular group want to be in a unit group with other idols? even groups at oh my girl and mamamoos level probably would scoff at this (not to mention they were both already in queendom). this sound like they would recruit mid tier ish 4th gen ggs, and most mid tier 4th gen ggs are considered nugu. groups like weeekly and woo!ah and

its just homophobia. many people have a stereotype of gay people being promiscuous. AND its not just about cheating. they just don't want the potential for for their boyfriend to cheat on them with another man. its a pride thing.

i'm bisexual and my boyfriend is bisexual so just know there are people out there that don't care either way.

really? I don’t think so like at all. I think their debut is gonna smash just like every other big 4 rookie gg sans nmixx. Yg may have fumbled the bag with their bgs but i have no doubt they’ll continue their spotless ggs streak.

i mean, obviously anything is possible, but this is just my opinion. 4th gen has been very top heavy with established girl groups in a way 3rd gen was not. ive lesserafim new jeans gidle aespa and itzy have already zoomed passed their recent predecessors, only lacking the legacy of twice and black pink. yg has fallen behind and a rehash of the girl crush concept that made 2ne1 and black pink stand out is not likely to work as well anymore with the changing trends.

I also think that’s going to be a shitshow, the only way they’d drop said plan as others mentioned is if they manage to get enough support and core fans to dissuade the company from doing so.. but that’s a very long shot.

Buddha, save these girls :hazmat-pepe:

the rich 1% of fans are probably 100% ok with all of this. they get the illusion that they "own" their fav member. people are buying into everything with little push back so unless the company doesnt make any money for too long, they're not going to drop it imo.

but i do hope all the girls stay safe. theres so much potential here being used in what i can only liken to a get rich quick scheme.

If they keep releasing music like this, I genuinely think they have a shot at breaking through. Even if they don’t come from a big company. They give me that special vibe, like the stuff that compelled me to stan my current faves.

:chicken-dance:

i think a lot of what people are liking about them rn will be lost when the remainder 14 members are added and the voting to add members to different subunits starts again. not to be negative, but the fandom is going to be a mess if the discourse over the song voting tells me anything.

The reason their fanbase isn't questioning the concept is because they understand the concept. It's all been set up this way since the group was announced apparently.

As for NFTs, I feel the same way about them as I did when anyone else was doing them... do I like them? of course not. is everyone going to magically stop buying them? unfortunately not and if I cancelled call the people I liked that were involved with them I would be losing a lot of people so I will continue to mock people who buy them instead.

what i mean by questioning is being critical of it. already shared my thoughts on the concept here

The timezone doesn't change the minute, that's why I'm confused, the voting closed at X:00 but the messages by people giving the results are at 1:22am and 1:23am. I'm guessing either they were just sending the statistics 20 minutes later or they were only able to get the stats 20 minutes after the end

Ok I saw the anecdotal evidence now

not to be a smart ass but there are some timezones that are different to the minute

pasted-from-clipboard.png

there is anecdotal evidence that the person who allegedly bought the 1.2k votes revealed themselves. and the point is that multiple people probably contributed to the 600 votes on song F, while allegedly one person made B win when F was winning.

Also, people have different timezones? the discord screenshot is in the timezone of whoever screenshoted it.

They are just implementing the Japanese system of rotational group, replacing handshakes and albums cover sales with nfts and paid votes.

It's not about fairness it's about maximizing profit and whoever has more fans willing to drop coins will get more lines or more center time.

i know that. the average young kpop fan does not. barely any of their fanbase is seriously questioning this whole concept. and im still utterly surprised there hasn't been any outrage at them making fans buy nfts when people were dragging every other kpop company under the sun for even mentioning investing in nfts not even a year ago. no one seems to care about the predatory nature of this group and that is why i feel the need to keep talking about them.

this sounds like torture a fan would just want them to release all the songs

Jokes on them because literally every single snippet sounded so good. I swear they better release all those songs or I'm gonna be so mad.

all of the songs will be on the debut album allegedly. this vote was just for title track

the person who paid 3k might be a troll and wants to make sure they get the bad song

objectively song b is more likely to do well with the larger kpop community. it is similar to the style of generation. people are going to want more of that from them. this group will need to make waves asap if they want to stay relevant outside of their like 20k people strong buyer base. since votes were uncapped, the amount of people who paid to vote is unclear, but it was less than 10k people. and first unit only sold 20k.