Posts by YamaChwan

It's not controversial

It's just that I know a certain someone who loves to say how a certain group ended everyone and is leagues above every other group when their faves debut will not like this take despite IllEat having an even more explosive debut than their faves

Yeah, you were good until you said this. What a nonsense post.

ILLIT have exactly one song that had great numbers. What about the rest of their debut album?

Attention is still a top 50 song. Hype Boy is still a top 20 song.

NewJeans had their entire discography in the top 30, with Attention and Hype Boy in the top 2 and Cookie in the top 10.

Their debut album is the best selling debut album in girl group history and may already be the most streamed girl group album EVER.

Yeah, ILLIT isn't on that level with just one big song.

Can people try to be objective?

ISaidISaid you're wrong too, but you don't know girl groups very well so it's all good.

I rank ILLIT at A tier, as the Girl Group Professor.

If ILLIT return with a song as big as Magnetic... they'll probably still be A tier.

I need a song as big as Ditto or Super Shy or Hype Boy or I Am or Love Dive, both domestically and internationally to be in S tier consideration.

Honestly NewJeans has set the bar impossibly high. We'll see.

Why can't she ever keep it short and simple. Even her damn lawyers are long winded

Some translations are leaking on the Tokki discord and OH MY is this going to be spicy

Here's a preview

They psychologically pressured the vice president into signing the consent form to provide information, saying, 'If you cooperate, there will be no problem.' The next day, the vice president's KakaoTalk content will be released to the media. This is a serious invasion of privacy and human rights.

Imagine the hype around them if they cb next year. Wooh :cursing:

Even without their touring, newpants cannot eclipse bp yet in spotify and yt. Idk how newpants are doing in the other music market around the world but I know no one has charted higher than BP on it yet. Bp is giving them all the chance while they resting. Idk why it's taking so long for newpants to take over :cursing: :cursing:

Who said I am mad? I thrive off from the arguments here in akp. I do enjoy picking fights and shading other groups :cursing:

:meme-sure-jan::meme-go-on:

I am just curious YamaToken. They having amazing stream numbers but they don't have that huge fandom like bp. Are they being hard carried by hybe payola?? :cursing: :cursing:

You are not a success stan, yeah right :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I can both not be a success stan and still be extremely competitive :cursing:

Anyone who goes back and forth with me on these topics is no less of a "success" stan than I am.

What are you on? I initially just only mentioned Jennie as one of the pinks, you're the one who proceeded with "korea is newpants territory" like wtf :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

You're still worried about bp domestically, they're already legends there and their brand is if not already strong, even stronger now in korea. Bp is not the one you should be worried, cuz newpants kagebunshins are trailing :cursing: :cursing:

BlackPink's peak in Korea is behind them. I'm literally not concerned about them at all :meme-kek:

Globally they still get the nod thanks to their touring power, but acting like a group that hasn't even released new music since 2022 and didn't even perform half as well as NJ's worst performing title track in 2022 is on NJ's level there?

:meme-thats-cap:

Also take some accountability. People pick fights with me and then get mad when the topic details.

Another Hybe L.

They really need to stop trying to media play. They are clearly out of their depth.

imagine downplaying ice cream's record just to up lift up your fave and create this fake huge popularity narrative as if new jeans didn't get any push from hybe

thanks to the song being in English and blinks streaming is the reason ice cream did well. Back then Selena wasn't as big she used to be in fact her accounts were the ones asking us to stream the song more.

blackpink is the most followed and streamed on spotify by a gg even with that small discography

:meme-kek::meme-barbie-crack::meme-stop-it:

(Someone tasted a little too much pink venom if they think BlackPink was anywhere near the star Selena Gomez is in the states back when Ice Cream dropped)

Sure.

Before blackpink there were many hit groups in Korea and after new jeans there will be many hit groups in Korea. Korea is the birth place of kpop where GG’s will come and go.

But internationally and overall there has not been a GG at BP level and it doesn’t look like there’s going to be one any time soon and those are the facts.

NewJeans has already put more songs on the Hot 100 in a year than BlackPink, peaked higher than any BP song not featuring Selena Gomez, spent just as many weeks in the Billboard 200 as BP's best performing album of their career, and they just barely came in behind BP for most streams in a single year in Spotify history.

That was all before they even turned 1.5 years old with just TWELVE SONGS.

You have to obsess over narratives or have some kind of agenda to pretend NewJeans aren't on a historic pace and prime to be the top girl group in the world, if the powers that be don't go out of their way to sabotage them.

Why do you literally never provide any facts to support your opinions in these conversations? :pepe-joy:

Your sources are always "just trust me brah"

It’s recognition as both group and individually. The BP brand is so far above every other GG in kpop.

I know in your delusion you think new jeans have the same recognition as Blackpink even as group but that’s just in your head and the inflated sense of popularity kpop has been projecting lately.

They've surpassed them in Korea. That's not delusion but reality, and the numbers support that tenfold.

Globally, I still give the edge to BP and always have.

Which is why I'm just patiently waiting for the inevitable. It's not like I want BP to disband. I want to snatch the crown not have it awarded by default.

You're so insecure and oblivious.

The person you just quoted is the one who made this about BlackPink, not me, so congratulations on the masterful display of your reading comprehension.

There is also no debate over who the top girl group in Korea is right now. Stop.

You're still hanging on for dear life to the one or two metrics BP is still strong in domestically, but you're ready to crown IVE or ILLIT who have even less metrics than they do. Make it make sense.

BlackPink is no longer the most popular girl group in Korea, and that's a fact based statement. It's okay to admit that. They had their run.

By the way, that SAME Circle Chart analyst forecast NewJeans to be the top girl group in the world at their pace. So.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

I think their sound can be imitated and their style can be imitated and I think people are confusing this to mean that everyone like this will be Blackpink

2ne1 may sound like BP and many others can try as well, but this sort of frenzy and individual recognition BP have I don’t think it can be recreated easily.

New jeans or ILLIT or whomever can get high streams and yet not have the smidgeon of impact BP have on the overall global landscape in terms of recognition and hype for members.

Do you equate hype for individual members to hype for the group? Doesn't BP also have a huge problem with akgae fans as well? I wouldn't even want that for a group like NewJeans

Imagine crying that people aren't shading IVE instead of BlackPink. I mean, we can go back to discussing IVE's numbers if you want.

We can also talk about the whiny gatekeeping you Dives do in any single thread related to IVE. If people talking about numbers bothers you that much, even in a thread like this one which was CLEARLY intended to start that conversation, then just go to discord.

Who are you trying to fool by pretending this is some innocuous praise thread? This constant victim cosplay is a terrible look.

honestly it would be blackpink, i feel like nj doesnt have a solid fanbase tbh, and ppl like u are bashing on anyone who doesnt agree with u

Disagreement isn't bashing, and if someone has a problem with my opinion, it's a personal problem not my problem.

NewJeans outsold the Barbie OST in the states, sold the most cumulative albums in Korea in a calendar year by any girl group, and they're about to have a fanmeet in the Tokyo Dome.

The fanbase is fine.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. The girls just want to sing, dance, meet their fans and grow as artists while supporting each other. That's all they should have to worry about, not which side to choose in a legal battle that is way beyond the scope of what they should be expected to deal with as young idols. They haven't even hit their 2 year anniversary yet. They should not have to deal with this shit, AND it happens the week they release their first new song in 9 months?

I honestly get angrier the more time that passes.