Posts by dizzcity

DXlnSeUXUAAMhJP.jpg

yeah she's pretty ig

Huh? Since when is that a picture of Shim Eunji? I think you might be mixing up the picture of J-min with Shim Eun ji when they collaborated on a song.

Shim Eunji / Sim Eun Jee looks like this:

shim eunjee.jpg

She's like the second or third most senior songwriter at JYP Publishing. Debuted with a song for f(x) in 2009, and then wrote for pretty much everyone over the years.

For Formula of Love, she only served as a full songwriter (lyrics and music composition) for Last Waltz. She was lyricist only for Scientist and 1,3,2. The actual composers of 1,3,2 were Marcus Van Wattum, Jenson Vaughan, Lauren Dyson, and Alexander Pavelich.

So, it looks like the group is complete now.

1. Lily (born Oct 2002, 19 years old)
    2. Haewon (born Feb 2003, 18 years old)
    3. Sullyoon (born Jan 2004, 17 years old)
    4. Jinni (born Apr 2004, 17 years old)
    5. BAE (born Dec 2004, 16 years old)
    6. Jiwoo (born Apr 2005, 16 years old)
    7. Kyujin (born May 2006, 15 years old)

It's about the same spread of ages as NiziU, just one year younger (eldest of this group, Lily, is one year younger than eldest of NiziU, Mako, and youngest of this group, Kyujin, is one year younger than youngest of NiziU, Nina). Since NiziU debuted one year ago, it's roughly the same debut ages, actually.

I'm curious about their musical style. I'm hoping they can step into the jazz / funk / R&B style that MAMAMOO had when they first started out.

The two company stans as consistent as ever.

Sorry to break up the usual anti-company / anti-establishment echo chamber. :-) Doesn't mean I don't respect your views, or your right to air them. I just didn't want unaffiliated bystanders to think that all ONCEs are united in their hatred of the company, as the original post seemed to imply. Call me the "loyal opposition", "the Man", "company shill / stan" if you will. :-) I just see the benefits of being part of a large organization as far greater than striking out and trying to be independent of Big Authority. Libertarian views aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'm certain that libertarian views will definitely dominate any internet forum based around young people, like allkpop is, so it's to be expected. But real life in societal organizations isn't as libertarian as internet fan forums are.

Damn you JYP, you have to send one JYP stan to defend your company, DAMN YOU. :ragec:
    Joke aside, all your points can be easily done without the company. You know, to me all this thing about JYP being a nice company is fake. I mean, why most of the idols who where under JYP decide to go if is so just nice company? Dont make sense.

You are certainly entitled to believe what you wish. I'm not going to waste my energy trying to convert a random person on the internet to my point of view. I'm simply answering your question of why I want TWICE to renew with JYPE. Because I think it's good for them, and definitely much better than the alternatives.

1. I like the fact that JYPE, out of all the Big 3 companies, gives their idols the most opportunities to be creatively involved in the songwriting process. It's been very interesting to watch TWICE members' development as songwriters. I think this both helps to grow their appreciation for music as an artform (see how the members discuss tackling new genres and the songwriting process here and here), and provides them a steady secondary skill that can help build their portfolio well into their later careers. Six years into their contract, TWICE members combined have creative credits on just over 40 songs of their 100+ songs. (That may not sound like much, until you realise that most of the other GGs have creative credits in the single digits... I really should get around to updating and re-posting my tracking of Girl Group Creative Development year by year).

• I think, for fans who are success stans, this may not be considered as relevant, because it's not something they can brag about against other fandoms, but in terms of the development and care for an artists' long term career as a musician, I think it's great. What fans often focus on are visible signs of success such as fame and money, but those things may not necessarily be what a serious musical artist appreciates about their job.
      • External Content www.youtube.com
        Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
        Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. I really appreciate how JYP, both the founder and the company, has such as strong focus on the role model aspects of being an idol. They recruit for character, they train for character, and they make sure all their artists learn to contribute meaningfully to society beyond just their performances. I think this is very healthy for an artist - both in terms of curbing arrogance, and also to find deeper meaning in life beyond just living for empty fame and the praise of others. I liked how they sent TWICE to perform at hospitals for charity at the start of their career, and how even now TWICE members are involved in various charity and community initiatives, and the company's dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility partnership with the Make-a-Wish Foundation. For all the accusations that people make about JYP Entertainment being an evil money-grubbing corporation, I wish people would actually see how much time, effort and money the company pours into giving back to society. They're the only company in K-pop I know who even has a CSR division. (And it's not just a TWICE thing too... all JYP artists go through this, so it's definitely a company-wide policy that helps these young adults / teenagers form healthy values that will sustain them throughout life.)

External Content www.youtube.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    3. I like how the company gives so much free content to their fans. They don't have to do it. In fact, putting out so much original social media content (on Youtube, on Tiktok, on VLive, etc.) actually costs them quite a bit of money and resources, and negligible increase in fame. But they do it because it helps to build relationships with the fans. And it's all free (or ad-supported at most, which is negligible income). 57 Time to TWICE episodes since April last year. Melody Projects and Performance Projects. Behind the Scenes clips. Tiktok dances. Various other performances. I have yet to find any other Kpop girl group's YouTube channel which has as much content as TWICE has. They're fully equal to most of the popular boy groups (BTS, Seventeen, NCT, etc.) in terms of fan engagement content production. And the amazing thing is that this isn't restricted to TWICE alone, but all of JYPE's groups have large amounts of free content for fans. I like a company who is willing to spend tons of money and resources to produce content for fans, just to please them, without asking for money in return.
      • This is why I can never really understand other fans who complain that JYPE should promote TWICE like other companies. Seriously? You want to cut the amount of fan content by more than half, and have to pay for all the YouTube series?
      • Admittedly, this is a selfish reason. One can argue that providing all this fan content is tiring and overworking the girls. They can instead cultivate an aura of unapproachability and being a rare sighting online instead of constantly being engaged. That allows the company to charge for fan content, and not waste members' time on doing unprofitable things. If they didn't have to film so much variety content, they get to go home earlier and rest more in-between album productions. I suppose, if we really care about TWICE's overwork status, we should petition the company to reduce the amount of free content that doesn't add any money to TWICE's pocketbooks. Instead of petitioning the company to reduce the amount of music releases which DO contribute to TWICE's pocketbooks (both as performing / recording artists as well as songwriters). But, for some strange reason, I have yet to see a fan petition to reduce the amount of free content that fans get. Stop letting the fans milk TWICE for free content, JYPE!

Prior to 2019, I would have said Sana, without a doubt. Jihyo has had the best natural equipment, but didn't know how to utilise them perfectly, while Sana could use her eye gaze to draw people in instantly, even during Sixteen (see SanE's comments during her individual performance). However, somewhere around 2019-early 2020, Jihyo learned the skill of eye seduction. (That was also the time when she started getting really close to Sana, so maybe something happened there). She's been getting better and better with each comeback performance. Now I would say they're about equal.

For Tzuyu, she also has extremely pretty eyes, but they can't be taken into isolation. They work best as an ensemble with the rest of her facial features.

A chicken cf would actually be the best, finally a product I'm passionate about :claps:

Already done, 5 years ago, back when they were still rookies.

External Content youtu.be

Whoa, Jihyo's first composer credit! Not just a lyricist anymore, she's contributing to the music for Cactus!

Member creative credits:

#4. Cruel - Dahyun (sole lyricist)

#5. Real You - Jihyo (sole lyricist)

#6. F.I.L.A - Nayeon (sole lyricist)

#10. Cactus - Jihyo (sole lyricist, shared composer credit with Coke Paris)

#15. The Feels (KOR) - Chaeyoung (shared lyricist credit with the original lyricists of the English version... She probably wrote the Korean rap)

Also, interesting to see them start to include trio subunit performances in the album tracks. Slowly but steadily giving each member more lines, still in an evenhanded fashion.

It's fun to see the contrast between the old clips of how JYP used to train them versus what he's doing now.

Maybe I just don't have an eye for fashion, but I would disagree with the opinion that these are their best outfits. I actually quite dislike them. Both because I don't think they fit the concept of the album at all ("Scientist" / "Explosion" = pink?), and I think these costumes are a little too far across the border of risque / fetishised. Not very much - but just a little bit too far. Would have preferred something a little bit more conservative and/or classy.

Well, if you want value-for-money, get Merry and Happy. It's the reissue of Twicetagram, the only full album on your list, so has 15 songs rather than the 13 songs of Twicetagram or the 6-7 songs of the other EPs. And I think it also has a fairly innocent-looking cover.... Though it's obviously Christmas-themed, so not sure if there would be religious objections to that.

If you want What is Love as a song, you could get Summer Nights. It's a reissue of the What is Love EP.

Interesting. So TWICE's best streak of music show wins was actually Heart Shaker.

To be fair, though, the ability of a song to sustain a streak probably depends a lot on the release window and the power of other competing acts. As the industry gets more crowded and release intervals between songs become smaller, I think it's going to be harder and harder to have long-running streaks.

Yeah, Younha's Password 486 is one of her most well-known songs, and for good reason. It's beautiful.

Here's my favourite live performance of the song, including Seulgi from Red Velvet, Wheein from MAMAMOO and Eunha from GFriend collaborating with the original artist:

Lost Tale is a game! I see

:wow::wow::wow:

Yeah. Don't confuse it with the Lost Time variety show they did.

Lost Tale is a mobile MMORPG, and its gameplay looks like this: