Posts by kurlet

A certain tone of the song also reminds me of certain song from a Japanese band. Dunno if it just a coincidence.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You just have to go check their yt channel

I'm confirming to you that they use ads, its obv by their views progress and people have seen them plenty of times

Yg use plenty of ads except for bp, he can't swallow that all their groups aren't bp, views don't stop growing after a week, that's not normal

This is true. I think the most obvious was when BM started to drop the individual performances (solo vocal mission) Pharita and Rora are consistently increasing views and only 500-700k apart which is weird since Rora dont garner much views based on her previous vids. When they both reached the 7m mark, views drastically became slow and for a while got stuck to 7m. More weirder was Asa who was 5m (6days after her vid was posted) that time hit the 7m mark the next day (it's just around 12 hrs btw).

And oh, a day or two before that I also encountered a Pharita ad (her 1st ever vid intro).

Anyway, what Im trying to say is that youtube achievements for me are no longer worth celebrating as the numbers can no longer be trusted anymore.

Ruka doesn't look much older than the other members, and they will probably have a hip-hop concept that works for a broad age range, like 2NE1. Shortly after debut they will have 3 adults and 4 underage. Seems balanced to me.

It's not like they'll suddenly mature once they turned 18 though. 2NE1 may have a huge age gap but Bom and Dara is of the same age. CL and Minzy age range is close. Also Minzy was the only underage the time they debut.

Ruka may not look older but mentally, she's regressing to match the other girls.

not their success

but these type of thing is always hard on the oldest member. They become sorta of baby-sitter of the group and will suffer.

I think this is the important factor. Not only Ruka will be a babysitter she will also suffer mentally. And it actually already started. Since she's the only fully pledged adult, her mind will be forced to adjust. Instead of the others trying to be mature, she's the one adjusting which will affect her mental growth.

Lets also add that she didnt go to school. YG might have provided her some sort of education but it cant beat the necessary life and social skills you will get by going to school, and it doesnt help the fact shes surrounded with children 24/365.

I guess this is the reason why she has this dumb beauty aura for me - and YG doesnt also see her as the one who will lead BM.

when visuals debuted : 'she cant sing'

when actual vocalist debuted : 'no one is the visual in the group'

yall keep picking on something to pin the girls against your stupid standards

Well no one can please everyone. There are other platforms that actually discusses their vocals. It just happen that this thread turned into a visual topic. You may want to search those if you want to see a vocal centered topic.

I don't think babymonster has any visual. Ahyeon comes close but if you compare with other girlgroups, it's not up to par

I agree. Also these girls are still too young and their facial features will change in the future. Ahyeon's face and nose is on the strong side so I feel like it won't develop visually appealing in the future. She would need to do some sort of cosmetic surgery to maintain her current looks. Pharita's looks might appeal to international audiences but I dont think it will in Korea. Ruka' s looks is already develop but she gives this dumb beauty vibe especially when shes smiling so it's 50/50. Rora can be (her face sometimes gives Wonyoung vibes dont know why) and her face is soft and easy to the eyes but then again shes too young. We dont know what shell look like in the future.

For what though? Melon is dying and full of fans zombie streaming. Korea is small in comparison to the rest of the world. Also Babymonster will only get hate from koreans because they don't fit the shitty korean "beauty standard". Besides that Babymonster makes almost no noise so far in Korea. All the hype is internationally.

I would rather them skip Korea and avoid all the hate from other companies fans.

Because their relevance in korea will get them bag those promotions and endorsements they need for global stardom. Also promoting globally at their current age will not work cause no one will take them seriously.

The hype international is only concentrated in sea countries and like 80-90% from thailand. The only western I see supporting them are those youtube reactors where majority are only reacting for clout and views.

But lets say they go international. Where would they even promote? Thailand? Japan? Theyll just following ikon/treasures footsteps if thats the case. Even if yg get them a guesting lets say gma, blink will accuse them of nepotism which will just garner more hate.

Best to set solidify their footing first in korea.

Yes imo they will have an all English song.

What we have learn from BP and Twice is that Korea doesn't matter. Once you are successful, the more time that you spend promoting in Korea, the less profit you make.

I believe their title song will have some Korean, just to avoid some local flak. But yes, they are just going to bypass Korea, because big picture, it doesn't matter.

I don't think they should bypass korea unless the demand international is high. They should focus first promoting in korea and get their support. That's where bp and twice started after all. Attempting to go global without gaining kr recognition is like a ship with a broken keel.

If YG is just messing and just building hype then definitely 7 will debut otherwise it'll be these:

Ruka

Pharita

Ahyeon

Chiquita

Haram/Asa

No way for YG to let go the two thais. Those two are Babymonster's hype and view generator. Ruka will stay because she has a big fandom vs Asa and for obvious reasons he won't let go of Ahyeon. A third rapper is too much for a 5 member group but possible if YG will push it. If it's Haram she'll just be a filler. Rora is still young they can hold her for now.

But if YG sticks to the "BABYMONSTER" name. These line-up will be ideal:

Asa

Pharita or Haram

Ahyeon

Rora

Chiquita

Anyways, Rora and Asa will do well in TBLNGG if the rumors are true and I personally would prefer for them to be there.