Posts by bluetree

Valentine’s At AKP 2024

With Valentine’s Day being just around the corner, we decided to put together a few fun events to celebrate this heart-filled holiday. Here are the following events we have planned, we hope you can participate and enjoy!

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Events Schedule

Feb 8-14: Big Hearted Bingo (CLICK HERE)

Feb.12: Liar Game (Valentine’s Edition) — 20:00-21:00 EST. Times may be subjected to change depending on availability of host.

Feb 14: Guess the Kpop MV (Valentine’s Day ver.) — THREAD

—> All rules and directions for each event will be posted in their individual threads when the events become active.

—> Big Hearted Bingo is the only event that will include prizes. Prize list will be posted on its respective thread.

—> A session of liar game will last approximately 1-3 hours (this depends on the players).

Navigation

• CLICK HERE to view the Big Hearted Bingo Rules thread.
    • CLICK HERE to view the Big Hearted Bingo Tracking Thread.

—> More links to be added as events ensue.

Even though this era of TikTok songs is the worst in terms of music quality, TikTok I believe is a useful metric to see trendiness in the teen and early adult age brackets. They are just behind BTS and BP on tiktok. We will see the impact in the next 6 to 12 months.

I’d say TikTok is really only a good variable in measuring virally. Often TikTok doesn’t really reflect an artist’s overall popularity, and if it’s stable/growing or not. You can see that a lot of stuff that goes viral on tiktok ends up being short lived, except for a few lucky ones. Being viral may leave an impression, but it doesn’t always = stability in a music career.

BTS and BP is an exception because they already made a name for themselves and were very popular before tiktok was really a thing.

don't teach me abt what to feel and what not to feel. my opinions are mine and mine alone.

I wasn’t trying to teach you what to feel or think, I was simply just replying to what you said that didn’t make sense and sharing some facts. I even specified multiple times that it was completely understandable if their music or style wasn’t up your alley, I just wanted to explain a few things. I wouldn’t have replied to you if you weren’t a former MOA.
    I’m truly sorry if there’s something going on in your life that has caused you to be so bitter and has taken away your joy from K-pop. I do wish you the best.

EXOL never lost any voting lol. Even without me voting.

I will continue to talk about kpop and analyze them. Again a lot of words to cope which you can continue to do so. I’m just sharing my views on different groups and fandoms.

When people say silly things like “my fandom is lazy” I’ll just disprove it. It’s not personal. It’s got nothing to do with TXT, I’d say the same for any fandom including my own.

I like to illustrate my points thoroughly, which results in there being more words. I write stuff. It’s in my blood to counter with an essay. Thank you, but you clearly don’t know what coping is.

Edit: You don’t know what you’re talking about, see you later.

Um. You just said it yourself, a fandom can be either casual or ardent. Saying they’re lazy is just a slang/shorthand for saying the fandom is casual in voting. And also with you saying that you’re a big fan of exo but still haven’t voted more than one time is kind of giving and example of EXOLs not being a very “ardent” fandom which you also mentioned yourself.

Fandoms sure do act certain ways. Why do you think that a bunch of different fandoms have nicknames and are well known/infamous for doing certain things and acting a certain way? It’s just the mentality that being in that fandom cultures. It’s the same with non-K-pop fandoms too. They act different ways. They’re fundamentally fandoms at the end of the day, sure, but the way they function is different. This is not anecdotal, if you took a step out and looked at how different fandoms act you’d see exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not a one time experience from a few select random people.

Find a different hobby than trying to prove certain groups don’t have fans or are flops, with nonsensical points when the numbers prove otherwise, it’s not worth your time. I don’t talk trash about your group, in fact I highly respect them. Learn to do the same for others.