Posts by neigl

• It's is a bonus but Brave Girls if you consider them 3rd Gen because of the current line up. No one can deny their impact and if they play their cards right they might go down to be a huge threat. They already have 3 Melon top 10 hits in a span of 6 months and their sales increased a lot. Also they hold the record for most hourly PAKs for a GG song. The members are consistently ranked in the brand reputations

So what do you guys think? Who are your chosen ones for 4th and 5th?

:whatr::whatr:

this means over all times and korea plus oversea.

Twice/BP/RV - i guess BP need more years like 2020 to overcome twice.

Mamamoo/Gfriend - i dont really know because im probably biased towards Gfriend

OMG - have a good run and if they continue they can overcome Gfriend since they are disbanded.

Im Fearless but even i must say they cant get more than a honourably mention. They are not Top 5.

I find it even a little bit insulting to the hard work of the other groups to think 6 month, as successfull as they are, can made up for all they years, the other groups did what they did. Im sorry.

Is this even a refund at this point... Even the weverse cash deal looks better than this.

I don't know why the companies involved didn't prepare better for this since they must have known about Gfriend leaving much longer than us.

in my country we have some consumer protection and laws against usury but i dont know about korea.

If there will be enough fire i guess the company will have to answer and appologize again.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's seem to still be bp

but this is only USA...

You really wanna put Everglow, Dreamcatcher and Lunarsolar over Brave Girls, OMG and Aespa?

Internationally BP will still be more popular even without comeback. Followed by Twice.

For korea i see Brave Girls in the lead but the year is not over...

Does Aespa have any comebacks planned for this year?

I guess Brave Girls will make another MelonTop10 comeback this year.

I am a fan. But i have my own mind and i can make my own judgement. Thank u

Of course, i never said anything else. Im sorry, i also dont meant you personally. I dont even know you.

I was talking about fans generally.

Everyone is like that. But the moment he speak up against his fave he doesnt act like a fan.

Or are there different definitions of what Fan means? Like can he just occasionally support his fave?

For example support his career as an idol but flame his acting career because he likes his singing but hates his acting but should he then consider himself as a true fan of the artist as a person or just as someone who likes his music?

That’s why I think the biggest advantage of male privilege is the fandom part…. Tbh companies only do what they think will earn them money in return… and that guarantee is on the consumers behavior. That’s why even if they get a big GG, they more likely see it as a short time thing and therefore not giving more effort.

Yes. it is like a never ending cycle. The fans give more money to BGs. Companies give more support to BGs. Repeat again and again.

It is up to us, the people and fans not the industry to change that. After all half of the fans are females. But i guess that wont happen any time soon.

There are some gender related differences like males have to join the army. But i guess the biggest factor ist money.

BGs make much more money because their fans a willing to spend that much, while GG Fans arent that dedicated.

So its naturally that the industry tends to give more support to males because they can expect a higher return of investment. After all Kpop is business and not a charity.

If we want to change that. The fans of the boy groups have to give more love and money to GGs or less support to the BGs.

Its also the fans who still support aging BGs while stopping to support older GGs.

So i guess its mostly just supply and demand and not some guys hating girls.

no group can be replicated to 100%.

Of course you can create groups with the same amount of member, similar concepts, visuals or voices.

Success, longlifety, uncanny careers but also peserve when facing hardships will be the hardest to replicate.

SNSD and BTS no explaination needed. See people above.

T-ara stood successfull in other countries after they got exiled because of the scandal and even comeback and win a show after years when the scandal was cleared. Other Groups would have disbanded.

Blackpink because of international success and in other fields then only producing music.

Brave Girls because from a small company no other group would have survived such a long time without succes. Also the way they finally reached succes will be nearly impossible to reproduce.

JYPE will never be able to produce another TWICE. They are strong in every area, physicals, digitals, views, streams, touring etc. Not to mention the biggest Kpop female artist in Japan by far.

Twice should be in the list because they have the highest sales of any girl group. that will be hard to replicate.

But i guess if you manage to create the most successfull group in asia and you also have some japanese members. the success in japan would be a given and not that hard to replicate. 8o

I guess there are a few more Boy Groups worth to be mentioned but i lack the knowlegde to do so.

I like your Post because you put Brave Girls at 3rd place.

Commenting your personal thoughs i would like to mentions that in my opinion they are allready the first Brave Girls.

For example Chi Mat Baram alone outsold Exids or Momolands whole discography.

Of course the wave will go away but their image within the GP can stay very positive. So they will listen if Brave Girls release new music.

The fandom is small but grows steadily and is also more weathly than the usuall korean fanbase.

So my guess is they can stay relevant in korea but wont make it big internationally. At least as long brave bro does his work and the girls want to continue.

If you list should represent the current state maybe i would put Aespa above Mamamoo and maybe even Red Velvet.

Just because, you know they are trending now and the other groups werent that active currently.

Would be nice to see the list after Red Velvet comeback. They can flip the whole table.

But its your list so its up to you how much you value recent and past success. Hwaiting

That's what I think is really surprising. I've never seen any artist score so many endorsement deals in such a brief period of time, which speaks to something unique about Brave Girls.

Their CF deals are extremely wide-ranging as well. For example, they just did one for Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power, a utility company that supplies around a quarter of South Korea's power needs:

The very small international fanbase doesnt matter for companies who only sell in korea.

The korean fandom may not be as big as others fandoms but consists mostly of men in the thirties, who are per capita much more wealthy than students, who usually made up the main kpop fanbase in korea.

Furthermore they are very popular in the GP, since their story fits so perfectly to the korean mentality.

Serving the military like they did shouldnt be underestimated, considered how patriotic the korean population is.

Also in a country with the most work hours in the world and no western style sozial welfare system they are seen as a symbol of hope because of their hard work finally paid off.

The GP can also much more relate to 30 years old women still haven't paid of their students depts than to the always perfectly and shiny looking kpop world.

This is only a short summary of a few factors that make them so attractive for companies to have them as models.

But i guess you can get that if you look more into it, its not that surprising. Its just out of the radar of the usual kpop world.

Definetly Brave Girls

a few more album sales and Chi Mat Baram did better than Exids whole discography.

They also allready have more hit songs, records, commercials.

The last Pre-orders showed that Brave Girls managed to establish a proper fandom that can keep them relevant in korea.

Due to their different career and story the fans are mostly in the older range so they dont really compete with other GGs over the conventionally kpop fandom which are mostly teens/tweens. Furthermore Brave Girls didnt gain a large international fanbase so they probably wont become as big as some other GGs .

Of course we dont know if Brave Entertainment will be able to manage the Group properly. If the Gods of Kpop throw a trantrum something unpredictable and stupid like MBK with T-ara or Gfriend with Hype can allways happen.