Posts by onwards

The news about Hui and Soojin barely registered as a scandal, let's be real. Some people saw them together as a couple, Cube made a statement like "oh yeah, something was going on between the two but it's over now". And people moved on.

Dude I just googled and realised something.....THERE WERE 3 DATING SCANDALS THAT TIME!!!!

WTF how did I not know this? Apparently THE DAY AFTER someone broke the story about Yuto and CLC’s Ye Eun’s dating. Though Cube denied it but still.....How in God's name did I forget about 2 dating scandals?

Not sure if she escaped or not bc I've never heard of her before. Maybe she's hiding too safely

If you didn't hear about it, not that surprised, the Hyuna situ literally made headlines worldwide. It was all over the BBC, The New York Times, Billboard. People were making memes of the stock prices of Cube crashing as soon as they said Hyuna was gone.

Then came the flip flopping. Thier investors got mad they sent off the only money maker so they kept changing thier mind. First they were gone, then they weren't, then they were gone again, Cube kept flip flopping for a month or 2 till finally Hyuna said they were out.

It blew up majorly too because they sited loyalty and trust as why they ended the contract, but then everyone was like wut? This company who screwed BEAST out of thier name and tried to use it to force them to re-sign? This company who betrayed 4 minute with the re-signing saga? This company who pushed hyuna into early solo debut and sub-units to promote thier lesser known groups? This company who media played her as former wondergirls till she got mega hated for it? This company who stood by as she got slut shamed by the entire country? And knowing that without BEAST or 4minute Cube would have been nothing yet they did all theat then tried to come for loyalty and trust?

Yeah. It became a huge media sh*tstorm of epic proportions.

so it was right after hyuna and dawn as well?

Huh so she survived a dating scandal and hui did as well ?

Just looked it up. The Hyuna Dawn story first got reported August 2nd, then Cube denied, the Hyuna confirmed it the day after.

The Soojin Hui post was done August 2nd as well.

So the one people really paid attention to was the Hyuna situ, since it also proved the company was lying and it also got mega messy. Cube confirmed they broke up the same day meanwhile Hyuna and Dawn had been dating for 2 yrs.

By September they had kicked them out and all the international news went crazy. So yeah they got lucky. All that people remember from then is Pentagon getting into 2 dating scandals ON THE SAME DAY and even now all we remember is about Hyuna and the mess Cube made of her situ.

soojin dated hui from pentagon ?

Where was I when that news broke ?

back in 2018 right after the Hyuna and Dawn situation. People ignored her and instead focused on how Pentagon had 2 dating scandals within a month of each other or something like that.

NGL till OP mentioned it, I didn't even click that it was Soojin. All I remember hearing is it was someone else under Cube, people were making bets to see if Cube would also kick out Hui.

I think it bodes well when we hear alot of stories about them from none fans or the GP. TVXQ Yunho for example. The amount of stories from the general public about how nice he is make me think he is the same off and on camera.

I mean there a story a little while ago from a woman being followed and she ran up to him scared so he pretended to be her boyfriend and sent her home in a taxi. Or that candid camera of him protecting a fan who was wrongly accused of stealing a wallet. He refused to let the person go until they apologised for the accusation.

i hope this will not turn out to be like Soojin's apology....

well unlike with Soojin's situ, JYP actually talked with the victims, teachers etc before shooting thier mouth off and got everyone in a room together to make sure it is all done so thats very unlikely. JYP seems to want this done, so likely some (alot) of money also changed hands to take down the posts, compensation to the victims and gag money so it can't be brought up again in the future.

I'm confused. I wish jype had been more clear on what was true and what wasn't, bc it seems like he admitted and apologized, but people on twitter seem to think this means that he didn't do anything?

I think that's the exact reason they phrased it that way. They said everything yet nothing and gave fans enough to think he is being victimised by the company and the industry (so they can blindly support him) but also admit enough that the general public know he apologised and has been forgiven.

There were some major accusations flying around, and I think if what he did wasn't so bad they would directly talk about which were true or false. But phrasing it this was is admitting that stuff did go down, and though he may not recall, some people clearly do remember incidents. Considering how serious some of the allegations were, I'm not surprised they didn't comment on which were true because in doing so they would wreck his image completely. But interesting they still half threw him under the bus with that last line, taking the blame for recruiting and debuting him. Likely so they can keep saying they recruit based on character.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but someone made this timeline of all the allegations etc so far with links to translations.

One interesting thing to note is the person who came forward to defend Soojin mentioned they became friends with her in 8th grade, so didn't know anything that happened before then (meaning she was friends with those people before 8th grade then distanced herself from them). At that time Soojin was trying to clean up her image because she was hoping to debut.

So if she was part of that group before 8th grade its not surprising that people linked her with them when they bullied the actress but that also means the accusations towards her from before 8th grade are likely to be true (considering her friend mentioned she did run with that crowd before).

https://docs.google.com/docume…rz5fv5VX6cPWir0aMcUk/edit

IDK but with the recent things coming out about Mingyu (bullying the disabled student and sexual harassment), the situation might change. Part of the reason people were a little more chill is carats were on the whole staying mum till it all comes out (K-carats anyways) which gave the public a good image of the fandom and of Mingyu. Kind of a 'good fans belong to good idols' mentality.

Since no-one was really bending over backwards to defend people didn't really take the accusations that seriously since the fans didn't. There is this assumption that fans kind of know thier idols (and considering how much fans can know, even down to knowing Chens GF years before he admitted it). So if they see fans chill they assume its likely nothing. If they see fans going crazy to defend, they know there is likely some truth there that fans have long suspected but want to hide.

So whilst carats were being chill (making people think it was fake) nevvies were out there making a mess (making people think there is some truth to it). But even if there isn't, fans behaviour is considered a reflection of an idols behaviour, since they expect idols to say stuff to keep thier fans in line if they go too far and they know the companies likely have thier own staff infiltrate the biggest fan bases to control the fandoms in some way.

Sometimes I wonder who among the female idols swear like a drunken sailor

Wheein. 100% Wheein wins. No matter who she is against she would win 100%.....unless she was going up against Jessie but other than that shes top. Girl got in trouble for her drunk half swears on live with a fan or something so she never really swears on camera anymore. Funniest thing I ever heard lol.

plot thickens indeed lol

How come they all seem to remember so much details of their school days of 10 years go? I have no idea if at 22yo of age I was able to remember a lot of things about my 12yo past self. Maybe my school life was fine, borderline boring, that there was nothing to remember about? Even to this day I can remember some moments, but it's only funny, trivial middle school stuff.

Thats just the way memory is I guess. I remember some good things from school, but it is the really sad, scary or upsetting things that I remember the most because those left a mark.

Either way, even if Soojin is innocent her career is basically ruined now since her reputation is so bad it would be near impossible for her to recover from this.

Netz are now saying that anyone who is a fan of Soojin is automatically a disgusting human being thanks to all the stuff I-fans have done (the suicide letter, rude posts about Seo Shin Ae, the hashtags and endless hate on insta etc). So even if she ends up being innocent, all people are going to remember is how crazy her fans went and the general consensus is that good people can't have fans so evil so she must be bad too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopr…l_fans_actively_made_the/

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I would like to see more dynamic performances as well. These one two step performances are getting tired. At least add some variety instead of these arm flails...

Yes I really hope they change it up some. I came across this video you may find very interesting. This youtuber made a video about idol dancing and managed to trace back to why the dance styles for male and female idols are so different.

They found out the idol training structure was basically copied from Japan. And in Japan there is this sub genre of dance called parapara. Leg movements mostly side to side, jumps and hops and the arms mostly do the choreo (so basically female idol choreo). These choreographed dances were very popular and would be a way to spread your song to the clubs as people loved to learn them and do them in clubs. The Japanese idol industry copied to popularise their groups and ofc the Korean industry followed.

They give the example of early kpop idol choreo like TVXQ's balloons but its since almost been entirely erased on the male side, but still heavily influences the female side.

Not been around kpop long enough to know this for sure (so bare with and take this with a pinch of salt), but I swear I remember reading somewhere that Shinee's ring ding dong brought about a massive change within the industry and particularly with male choreo and after that male groups started doing way more complex choreo based on other dance styles (mostly urban).

But yeah check out this youtuber, they also do dance reviews about how good idols really are at dancing (as in giving evidence for each point they make).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Trying my best to stay neutral but its getting hard.

Someone mentioned that part of the reason its so bad is unlike the other accusations, with other celebs where they are posted with anonymous ID's, for Soojin the most recent ones are all using their real names with specific incidents and the posters are putting their real names online. Which means they are making themselves vulnerable to fan lashback and even opening themselves up to being sued by Cube so the majority believe its all true.

Most have also posted proof they went to school with Soojin. It's one thing for a couple people from your school to be jealous and want to ruin you, but for this many to put their real lives on the line and not one person you went to school with defending you?

edit - the link to jenny shims answer and also the comment section is where I got the above from - https://www.quora.com/What-are…ying-accusation-on-school

In the entertainment industry an actress is waaay above an idol in terms of hierarchy

Guess who will people believe more

but the main problem for soojin isn't that its an actress. Unlike alot of the others who have a mix between old classmates defending and accusing, the only people coming out atm for her are accusing. It's all so one sided that unlike the others where there is some fans believing the idols (leaving the general public interested to decide to wait for more info) none of her fans in Korea are believing in her anymore.

It being up against an actress gave the story loads more media attention for sure, but it wouldn't be as bad as it is now if she had at least 1 person from her school days on her side. Then it would have turned into a who's telling the truth battle, and with that people would have trusted the actress since she had more to loose (being higher in the hierarchy and all that).

Soojin is the one who actually receive cf deals tho ???

but soyeon is thier main song writer, and the main person everyone knows from the group, plus shes got the whole produce backstory and that comes with sympathy now with the rigging scandal. She may have the CF's right now, but that doesn't make her as valuable to them as Soyeon. Its not nice to say but thats reality but even if it was Soyeon they may not even move to protect her.

This is Cube. Cube who has managed to mess up basically all the groups or idols they ever had in some way or other. Hyuna, 4 minute, Beast (now highlight) etc. Only ones I can think of that they didn't mess up is Jo kwon, G.na and Rain. And only because I don't know much about them so cube could have messed them around too.