Posts by annejunie

They're bad bc of their mistreatment and mismanagement towards their acts (artists/groups/idols):

1)The neglect and underpromotion as their acts become seniors. (I don't think I need to elaborate on this cause every fandom under SM knew cases of their faves at some point getting this treatment). SM only push and promote new and young acts for while before abandoning them as they get older/become seniors. e.g. Short promotion cycle or no promotion at all.

2)Slave contracts that resulted in lawsuits started by JYJ which revealed SM made them sign 10-15yrs(I don't remember the exact number, I can only give a range) contract which is inhumane. It was also revealed that Yoona and Taemin originally had their contracts signed up to around 13-15 yrs if I'm not mistaken while their group members had 10 yrs. Korea Fair Trade Commission ordered SM to change the contract terms and reduce the contract length to 7 years. This shows how SM already broke the law early on, exploited and took advantage of these kids by signing them up when they're young and naive and then groom them up to become stars that make money for them by milking and overworking them like slaves with the long contracts to keep them in the company as long as they can.

3) Overworking their acts to the core to the point of injuries(life-threatening injuries) sacrificing sleep/rest and health.

4) Discrimination towards foreign idols.

5) Gaslighting/Guilt-tripping their idols.

Am I the only one who thought they're gonna be fine? Mamamoo itself is a popular name, the gp knows them and their songs. They're like among the top 5-10% successful Kpop ggs in the industry. Also, they're the most talented gg when it comes to vocals. Just one underperformed release isn't gonna make RBW disband them. They have a rep among the gp. Unless the members themselves decided to disband or if their star member, Hwasa, decided to leave the company/the group hence putting a pressure on the group's future. But let's say if Hwasa leave RBW but still want to continue as a Mamamoo member under different company, they can probably make it happen and have cbs tho the chance of that is small depending on RBW.

Also FYI, the new hoobae gg is Purple Kiss, not Secret Number...you should get that fact right at least before making this thread.

It's difficult to undestend whut went wrong considering they were on an upward spiral since queendom

Bcos of Aya, that song was underwhelming. I think they did well with Dingga.

i dont even think its just visuals

kpop fans will make up some reason or the other to demand praise for idols they like and ignore everyone else even if the rest might be better in the same category

This. Sistar was from the same company as WJSN and Hyolyn (back then she was known as Hyorin) was hugely popular among KR gp for her vocals (around 2012-2014). She was everywhere on singing shows e.g. IMS2, collabs, etc . Her solo releases would always chart high on the charts. She doesn't have the visual standard that Korea likes. I do remember she was nicknamed "Korea's Beyonce" because of her body and sexiness added with her vocals. Tho unfortunately now her peak era has passed and she's not as popular as she used to be especially after Sistar disbanded.

Another example, is Hwasa , tanned and doesn't have the classic visuals that the KR gp like either. I do think her position rn is like how Hyolyn was back then. Tho Hyolyn was more superior vocal-wise and stage presence-wise.

Maybe Hyolyn had that it factor while Yeonjung does not.

I saw someone said the standard of vocals these days in kpop is decreasing and that could be true too. I guess there's some truth to an extent that people are focusing more towards visuals than talent/vocals.