Posts by destinie-1132

I'm white and Romanian. Our people were enslaved by the Turks, Polish and Austria-Hungary.

We got our independence quite late and we had to fight for it.

Even now, living in London. If I say I'm Romanian, I'm being told to go back to my country and to stop stealing their jobs.

im talking about white privilege not nationality.

Black people are not perceived at all in SK. They just are there.

They care about Korean shade of color.

It's classism not racism.

WHAT???!!! so ur telling me that black people aren't on korean news killing each other? like seriously. Koreans care about color and race plz dont play dumb classism was where it started racism is where it is now.

Also, what's your obsession with youtube? yt this, yt that... It doesn't make any sense. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

you do know that you listened to it 2 right? and how not?

Pretty sure, you don't "see" American white culture because you're not even trying to do some basic research. The invention of electricity for example is by a white American, invention of baseball is by a white American, invention of rugby is by a white american, invention rom coms are by white americans, the fast food chains, Disney is by a white american, Dreamworks is by a white american, you can literally find so many examples and I'm not even American nor do I like America. You just made this thread to try and put down a complete ethnicity just to feel good about yourself and act dismissive of everyone who proves you wrong. How about we just celebrate everyone's culture without putting others down.

LMFAO, i love a woke queen. But, would that be white history?

you didn't hit anything, i believe everyone got that but you.

your opinion is wrong because everyone has a culture. you're here because you want people to agree with you. you might get that on american forum, but this is an international one, and american politics don't apply to other countries. my country and yours have literally nothing in common.

i'm european and the question itself makes no sense to me: how can you put all people from one race in a group and ask do they have culture. they aren't the same?

how can a opinion be wrong? i'm here to spark a debate on what people think, and i believe i wasn't talking to you about hitting a nerve. i didn't put "all people in one race" mama im talking about yt people, cacausions, european ancestry american born people that dont have culture...

How it came about that people think Koreans through plastic surgery want to look white is because during the Korean war, a doctor was over there doing skin grafts, helping burn victims and this guy asked him if he could do his eyes to make them have double eyelids. The doctor did it, therefore revolutionizing the double eyelid procedure, and the reason everyone thinks they want to look white is because this doctor wrote a report on it, scientific procedure, saying how happy the guy was to finally look white. send me a like.

which further proves my point on white privilege because you r white you have an advantage

"Koreans have always, for hundreds upon hundreds of years, had the beauty standard of pale skin, from almost 700 BC, before white people had ever made it to Asia. Pale skin meant you didn't have to work outside in the heat, it was a status thing when it started, not like 'oh pale skin is pretty' but more like 'oh that person's skin is pale, they don't work, so they are of high status"

"Also, excuse me, but here a lot of jobs want a photo before they will hire you, even though lots are trying to get rid of that practice, and because I'm white and I look white, have a white name, speak Korean with an Northern american accent, I have been turned down to my face for these reasons. And this is not just me, it is a constant struggle for white females to get work here, because we don't fit into their standards.

" there's a difference between being turned down because of language and being turned down because of race.

"White people don't naturally have the small face or the jaw lines they want. Small noses, white people have bigger faces in most cases."https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-81476-1

Please, for the love of god, do more research, maybe actually talk to people living the experience before you pretend what you are saying is fact.

Everyone has culture.

If you think white people don't have culture, you could say the same about non-white people who lost touch with their ancestral roots.

Truth is that people move around. A Kenyan guy immigrating to France and starting a family there will adapt and his family will be more assimilated to French culture than Kenyan culture. Same applies if a Korean guy were to immigrate to Australia.

"If you think white people don't have culture, you could say the same about non-white people who lost touch with their ancestral roots." No, i can't black people have lost touch with our african roots but we still have a culture. "A Kenyan guy immigrating to France and starting a family there will adapt and his family will be more assimilated to French culture than Kenyan culture. Same applies if a Korean guy were to immigrate to Australia." like you said he started a family thier so his kids were born in france so their culture is the french culture. That would be his culture neither

"If in your opinion some cultures are better than other ones or others don't even have culture in your opinion, that's just your understanding of things" i only believe yt ppl have no culture but thx 4 the convo

Ignore race for a second. Race makes everything unnecessarily complicated.

At the end of the day, culture exists naturally through socialization. British people (both black and white) have their own culture. American people (both black and white) have their own culture. French people (both black and white) have their own culture. These cultures are different from each other. You could be the same color as someone else, but have a completely different lifestyle, culture, hobbies, and interests.

correct, but that didn't answer the question but thx

What you said makes no sense to me and I apologize if I don't understand you correctly, but based on what you said no one in America has culture.

Race and nationality can be part of culture, but it's not something culture is based on.

Culture does include race and nationality, but it goes way beyond that. It's belief systems, values, behaviour. Cultural identity can also be based on gender, sexual orientation, social class.

That's a complex topic, especially when it comes to US, since it's a huge country, mix of people that came from a lot of different parts of the world, not that long ago (compared to most other countries or continents).

"but it goes way beyond that. It's belief systems, values, behaviour. Cultural identity can also be based on gender, sexual orientation, social class." i don't agree with this these type of things give me oil london vibes

At the end of the day, humans are social creatures. No matter what race you are, if you socialize within a community long enough, a culture will emerge and you will adapt to it. I feel like Americans are overly obsessed with race and forget that we're just human beings at the end of the day. We're not species from a different planet.

technically we are and i'm confused...

I don't think culture is always based on race. If a community exists for a while, it will naturally form its own culture. You could even say AKP has a culture of its own. There are certain inside jokes that are funny to us, but don't mean anything to the rest of the world, for instance.

Black people in the United States often have their own culture and that just comes from living in certain communities for a while. It's certainly not going to be the same as the culture of Africans in Africa. Likewise, white people in the United States have their own culture and that just comes from living in certain places. Of course, it's not always the same because different regions have a distinct lifestyle.

"Black people in the United States often have their own culture and that just comes from living in certain communities for a while" this isn't how black culture came about... 'white people in the United States have their own culture and that just comes from living in certain places." this apart don't make sense to me.