White privilege exist, change my mind.

• How many countries have you lived in extensively enough to make that claim? I've never encountered 'white privilege'at all(disclaimer though where I live is around 94% white and only 1.4% black on our last census in 2016). I think this is mostly in countries that have a history of bad race issues.

which is every country, and what county do you live in? and in korea white privilege is VERY APPARENT.

• Why do make all these threads concerning race? It only starts conflict that doesnt need to be started.

this is the political section of allkpop, race is a VERY LARGE topic in politics, and the biggest problem in america, i want to talk about it. if you don't like it u can leave at anytime people choose to respond.

• this is the political section of allkpop, race is a VERY LARGE topic in politics, and the biggest problem in america, i want to talk about it. if you don't like it u can leave at anytime people choose to respond.

I understand, but it seems like you have the motive of upsetting people. You've made threads like this before and got the same reaction.

• I understand, but it seems like you have the motive of upsetting people. You've made threads like this before and got the same reaction.

the motive is to see other people opinion, i like the political section and want to debate with people about their views. Again, i choose to make the thread and people choose to respond to it they know me and know that i like to debate until the end i am a republican conservative and most people here are democratic liberals i want to see their point because i usually don't get to have these conversations with people, this is y i'm no longer on the left can't handle when people have a different opinion than you (not necessarily you) and then yall attack them instead of making an actual argument you scream ¨troll¨.

• because they're white they adumactly think they have more money over the black person because black people r seen as poor, loud, and ghetto gangsters while yt ppl are seen as superior. I don't agree that ¨White people living in non-white-majority parts of the world will see that they miss out on opportunities because they're white. ¨ in asian and african countries that is what they strive to be because of the positive stereotypes yt people have thats apart of their privilege.

• agreed but I think it's less prevelant in some places outside of America..

key words: less prevelant. it still exists but it isn't something that influences those countries' societies as much.

out of service

• Maybe white privilege is a bad naming if you want to fight aspects of systemic racism and prejudice. Lot of white poors will totally disagree with this idea and never try to understand the issues behind the idea. The " privilege" for this group of whites comes from usually don't need to deal with any prejudice and institutionalized racism that are very subtle to them as they never feel it. To them it is invisible or imaginary, so it is "understandable" to be oblivious with such prejudices and get hidden advantages over others from being white. They see the word privilege and get defensive about the idea or just total lack of empathy/tribalism (like they think this is natural to be dominant over others).

Education is also part to blame. There are lot of fight to not unveil racism in very subtle to blatant ways.

I'm referring more to countries like USA, Brazil, and so on. It doesn't translate that well to some countries even if light skinned people are still better off/get better treatment than darker skinned people (like in the Balkans, systemic prejudices are a totally different beast there).

• Yes cuz the rest of the world are so peaceful and white privilege is an American thing right 🤪

White privilege is only a problem in countries with a history of extreme racism or race tensions like America, Canada, and UK and also some countries in South America, Middle East, and Asia who still have a slave mentality thanks to colonization and worship white people. But there is no such thing as a white privilege in countries that are predominantly white or some African countries that are similar to the one I am from.

• No, I mean your post was just really troll like.

I didn't think someone could express the opinion white privilege is really strong in Korea and be taken seriously

I mean if you're not a troll can I have some context to how white people have somkind of systemic advantage over other races in Korea, no less People whi are Korea/Han/Yamato/etc?

couldn't understand the last part but in korea it's the beauty standard to have white skin, koreans are obsessed with trying to become a white person, most of their beauty standards have the history of wanting to look white for example having double eyelids because american army wanted for their asian wives to look as yt as possible so that they would be able to go back to america with them. How was my post troll like its a political question, if u dont feel comfortable answering it then done. White privilege isn't always systematic

White privilege- inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice.

Dark skin is seen in korean as ugly, dirty, and poor while white skin is seen as clean and rich. their has been black people that went to korea spoke korean fluently, met all of the job requirements but after they saw what the person looked like they told them either ¨you're not american enough¨ or ¨we are looking for someone white¨.

• If they wanted to become a white person, they'd speak English, French, etc. and completely get rid of all remnants of their own cultural imagery in their entertainment industry. You wouldn't see them wearing hanboks and showing off their food as much as they do.

There's a difference between wanting to be a white person and having beauty standards of lighter skin and double eyelids. Korean men specifically get plastic surgery to get softer features; those are not typical western beauty standards for men. South Korean beauty standards are very distinct and specific. The whole triangular, small face thing is very specific to them; white people aren't doing that.

Wanting light skin is colorism, but this existed long before they even knew what white people looked like. It has to do more with classism back in the day, with wealthier people being to stay indoors while the working class had to work outdoors and become tanned.

koreans have to take an english class, and i'm not talking about the culture im talking about the race. Again, the double eyelids came from white people marrying asian people and asian people having to get plastic surgery to look as white as possible so that the american soldiers could bring their asian wives to america. ¨but this existed long before they even knew what white people looked like. It has to do more with classism back in the day, with wealthier people being to stay indoors while the working class had to work outdoors and become tanned.¨ Exactly, blk people naturally have dark skin and white people have white skin giving them a inherited advantage in society.

• To keep it simple, adults have enough life experience to know BS when they see it. This BS also operates within two out of the seven deadly sins, Envy and Wrath. Hate spawned by fermenting envy.

Fermenting Envy = Whitey got privilege

Justifying Racism = evil whitey deserves it.

BS is the complete falsehood of its origins. Origins created by bigoted minds.

• To keep it simple, adults have enough life experience to know BS when they see it. This BS also operates within two out of the seven deadly sins, Envy and Wrath. Hate spawned by fermenting envy.

Fermenting Envy = Whitey got privilege

Justifying Racism = evil whitey deserves it.

BS is the complete falsehood of its origins. Origins created by bigoted minds.

huh? i'm confused about how this justifies your argument.

• White privilege is only a problem in countries with a history of extreme racism or race tensions like America, Canada, and UK and also some countries in South America, Middle East, and Asia who still have a slave mentality thanks to colonization and worship white people. But there is no such thing as a white privilege in countries that are predominantly white or some African countries that are similar to the one I am from.

The fact that white people are privileged everywhere and seen as an elite is a thing in all countries mine included ( i live in an African 3rd world country ) so i know what I'm talking, and the smallest example i can give you is that in my country man see white women a holly being who are way better than our women in all aspects

• I'm not gonna discuss the existence of such privilege but, I'm here to say it's unproductive to cry over it.

For example, there is surely an imbalance between the social status of the man and the woman in various Islamic communities in my country. But, 101 articles and 101 advertising on this won't help. What really helps is the program to promote the knowledge/the career of the woman in those communities. More and more Islamic women are less and less submissive.

• americans...

anyways, i'm sorry to inform you but white privilage in the balkans doesn't exist because we are white. you can't be privileged in a country where everyone looks like you. we don't have a history of slavery and most of our citizens have never even seen a black person in person or poc in general. those who did live in bigger cities but most likely never spoke with them; i never spoke with them because i never had the opportunity. i don't work in a foreign company, restaurant, as a tourist guide nor i go to the faculty of medicine most foreign exchange students from africa chose to go.

in case incidents happens, which is REALLY rare, it's always reported in the news and we as a society always apologize to the victim and seek punishment for the racist.

who is privileged here? politicians and tycoons; the rich. who has a tough time here? people from our neighboring countries we've been in conflict and political tensions throughout our history, and vice versa. they are white like us. we have our issues, we don't even think about race and nobody would ever identify themselves as white, that wouldn't make any sense.

eta: i need to mention romani people. those who are poor we don't like and make fun of but the ones who are popular are really loved by the public. a sister and two brothers who played classical music won "i have talent", they were adored by the public. again, it's the rich/poor status that matters.

didi2802  sveznalica  ekser

the world doesn't revolve around you.

• I'm not gonna discuss the existence of such privilege but, I'm here to say it's unproductive to cry over it.

For example, there is surely an imbalance between the social status of the man and the woman in various Islamic communities in my country. But, 101 articles and 101 advertising on this won't help. What really helps is the program to promote the knowledge/the career of the woman in those communities. More and more Islamic women are less and less submissive.

please read this:https://educators4sc.org/topic…ng-about-white-privilege/

• There’s two kinds of white privilege, soft and hard white privilege. An example of the soft kind is being a white man in Korea and getting much better treatment compared to a POC person.

The hard kind comes from wealth and institutional control, such as white CEOs giving themselves millions in salary increases while cutting jobs of workers who are mostly POC.

The later kind are way more smarter. So they dress up their social media to the brim with LGBT and BLM colors. Then they pay people to protest in small neighborhoods to defund the police. Meanwhile anyone who goes close to their gated communities gets arrested on sight.

• ¨in case incidents happens, which is REALLY rare, it's always reported in the news and we as a society always apologize to the victim and seek punishment for the racist.¨.... when did i say the worlds revolves around me? Did i hit a nerve? Do u even know what white privilege is-inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice. Do you think if a black person were to have gone to balkans they would experience racism even after you acknowledge it was true???...

• This thread contains 59 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!