Posts by bangmenah

Wait I’m confused. Haven’t they sold like between preorders and sales like… 900k???? That’s insane? Why would they have to be soloists? Why can’t they be in a group and have solo releases here and there? Blackpinks allowed to do it. Twice sells like 5m albums a year of COURSEA they’ll re-sign and I think they should because it’s not just the smart move, it’s the right move.

I feel like there is no way to please the kpop crowd. One release a year? Not enough. One release one solo? Not enough. Two releases? Not enough. One release two solos with like 6 singles in total? Not enough. (Thus far all Red velvet & Blackpink complaints). Three releases? Golden spot. Safe spot. My personal recommendation. Four releases? Well… they may as well be slaves! They’re working??? Consistently? How dare this company split the literal $70 million in sales of sales. They didn’t also do exactly their job in this situation! Like come. On. Guys. Wanna know something? I work 6 days a week usually. Wanna know why? Because I chose this job. Wanna know something else? Twice literally COMPETED to have this job. And now they’re all, even the least popular ones, fabulously famous and wealthy domestically. I’m sure they’re fine.

But I didn’t ask her for her sexuality and neither did tik tok. She chose to use this trend. AND one of the options is straight si she can just choose straight. If I was mid interview and I was like “are you gay or straight” and she said “uh idk” then that’s real life and she isn’t, but she actively on her own chose this. God knows she doesn’t have a manager from cube!

where was I transphobic? I said gender fluidity is a joke not actual clinical gender dysmorphia

Gender fluidity isn’t a joke, you just aren’t gender fluid.

People who are trans people have dysphoria though. Body Dysmorphia (while similar) is when you look in the mirror and you still see yourself as a different SIZE. Like you physically are yourself maybe an XS but you see a Large regardless. DysPHORIA is when you have been told your entire life “you’re a man” by the world but you’ve always felt more aligned with a woman.

So racist is a stretch in that comment on Twitter, but this is definitely queerbaiting. Queerbaiting is when you pretend to be on the queer-spectrum (the rainbow, if you will) in order to get fans of that subculture. I identify more easily with people who are also queer because they automatically understand the feeling of everyone telling you first to lie about who you are, then when you come out pretending to be your friend because they have ALWAYS wanted a gay best friend the same way I have ALWAYS wanted a Tesla…, and then obv queer people will also understand the homophobia I face.

It’s not like she’s committing a crime or hurting me, it’s just annoying.

Am I gay or am I bi? Who knows hahah follow me to find out that I’m straight! Give me your money because I pretended to be a part of your struggle!

No bye

I’d like to see the age of debut to be higher and for artistry to be more available to those who want to participate.

I also really want to see child labor laws to specifically call out the entertainment industry around the world but… Korea needs to be acting a little more industrialized.

I’d like for an idol of high stature (think big 3 and HYBE or like cube or some shit) to be openly gay but it to not be their concept and for everyone to treat them exactly the same.

I’d like for the idea behind kpop to be more accessible/marketable around the world so that it’s not so pigeon-holed into just aegyo/slut/girl crush for girls and like only pop/dance for boys. I think everyone should be able to branch out and it not be a flop because it isn’t a tik tok song.

Also if you’re being called offensive for misusing another persons culture and you reply by letting them know that they are being offensive then you’re just immature and you don’t know how to grow with criticism and this world will not be easy for you. Everybody has had an incorrect idea in their head from what they’ve been taught, but the first idea in your head isn’t always correct.

Sometimes my faucet is too cold, sometimes it’s too hot, but I check with my fingers and learn whether to make it hotter or colder. I don’t however complain to the faucet that the faucet is too cold or hot because I’m a fully grown man and it take accountability for my actions.

And I do that while being white so I’m sure you can too, sweaty.

:pepe-flirt:

This was originally the reply to an OP who made a thread that was merged into this, but called this thread hate speech lol

People who are advocating for themselves being represented at all/correctly is not divisive. Willfully ignoring and then silencing (via the use of counter-advocacy) those who are oppressed is divisive. Why?

Because if the culture that is being questioned is divisive in nature and those who want to work on equal footing (not divided, united) are being silenced, you’re only furthering the division that already exists.

Asking for the status quo to stay as is would be divisive. Asking for those who question the status quo to stop questioning is divisive. Saying that advocacy is hate speech is divisive.

The fact of the matter is that Europeans have ruled the world (exporting culture/destroying cultures that already exist/silencing cultures that exist in the name of assimilation) so now that advocacy has gotten to the point that equal rights is not a question of if but when, the people who push will be a little less patient because they’ve seen what patience has gotten them in the past. (Slavery, being jailed for just being a minority, cultural destruction, economic inequality, higher r*pe statistics for women which exponentially increase depending how dark your skin is, etc.)

Not knowing these things ahead of time is not racist, it’s ignorance. Not being willing to accept these things is racism.

So you choose! Are you ignorant in the moment and learn why people are tired of waiting for those in power to give them a slice, or are you knowledgeable and just racist?

I just saw this short video of her dancing to Alcohol Free and she has the same aura and excitement in her eyes mixed with the same seriousness being thrown in between moves and it’s kind of adorable… and I miss that excitement. It’s like a giddiness almost???

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Essentially am I crazy or do y’all see it too?? I feel like kpop needs someone with that… freedom??? Again.

I think that the positions make sense for the first three releases but then the groups start to blur the lines. It’s like when someone comesbsck to perform a song in one outfit so you associate the concept with some pieces of clothing, but later on they’ll recycle different looks with the same song concept and you’ll realize that maybe peek-a-boo (clearly a Halloween theme) can fit into Umpah’s fashion because the world creates patterns even when they don’t exist.

I also think that positions are low key subject to opinion. If I were to break down BP into groups I would have them like this:

Rosé: Main singer, rapper, dancer

Jisoo: Lead singer, Lead Dancer, visual

Jennie: Lead singer, Lead Dancer, Main Rapper, Visual

Lisa: Main Visual (sorry she’s low key the face), Lead Rapper, Main Dancer, sub vocal

Anybody ranking Girls day below 4minute, AOA or EXID was not around in 2014. Girls Day was SO famous. they released Something, Darling, Ring My Bell, Female President (thank god before the scandals), I’ll be Yours, Expectation…. Like literally ALL of these songs were a hit. EXID had Hani, but only two true hit songs (ah yeah and Up & Down, which was meant to be their final comeback because they were doing so poorly). 4minute literally only had CRAZY as a hit (which is a shame) and only had HYUNA that anyone could even name.

No, no, I misread the other user's reply (see my previous reply in this thread) and thought they said that they'd invite another girl with them if they were going to a wedding with a guy so like, not plus one but plus two? But now I see that's not what they said.

I’m reading your explanation of this from a gay man’s perspective and immediately thought that you thought that they brought like an emotional support woman because they are expected to bring a man and I love that concept