NCT News - May 11, 2022

• 79027-div-st-tp-300-png

NCT

NEWS

79024-div-st-bt-300-png

May 11, 2022

NCT Dream

NCT 127

• NCT 127 will perform two Japanese original songs during their dome tour and there will also be a Blu-ray that will come out of the show. The Blu-ray will be released on Sept. 28.
    • This makes me hopeful for another live album because the Neo City live album is 2x
    • MC Jungwoo will have a special stage on MuCore this Saturday. :eyes:
    • There are rumors that Jaehyun may be cooking something up with American R&B singer Christian Kuria, whose song he posted a cover of in December. The singer liked and shared it at the time off of a post on a Jaehyun fan account, but now posted it randomly 5 months later on his IG and Jaehyun liked on it. Sus. 142344-neocitypepe6-png
    • https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdRhxDLOsb6/
    • Here's the original (he's overall a very chill, vibey artist):
    • External Content open.spotify.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    • There’s still time to sign up for a Try Again badge.

WayV

• WayV launched their relay live streams with YangYang and Hendery

Cross-Unit

• Shotaro will appear in Nylon Japan. This is a lot of photoshoots and promo for someone who DOESN'T HAVE SOMETHING COMING OUT SOON. Sus. 142344-neocitypepe6-png
    • External Content twitter.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Stanford, which is a big fancy, smarty pants university in the US is hosting a two-day conference, which features lectures and research around North Korea and the Hallyu Wave and will feature speakers including Suho from EXO and Lee Soo-Man. There will be a livestream, which is cool, and as part of the conference, one of the professors interviewed Jaehyun, Johnny and Mark (i.e the English speakers) as part of a documentary she was producing. This should be some interesting stuff so I'll link to it when it happens next week!
    • External Content twitter.com

Charts & Numbers

• It's official! NCT Dream received their Double Million certification for Glitch Mode from Gaon 🍾
    • NCT Dream becomes the first SM artist and second artist ever to have 2 albums pass 2M in sales and receive double million certification from Gaon 🍾
    • Zoo reached 40M streams. This is awesome, wild. It's the second song by a member and the fastest to do so. 🦁 🦬 🍾
    • Taeyong's Love Theory is now on the Spotify Viral Global chart at #56. (It's been on different countries' charts.)
    • Melon: Glitch Mode down to #95, while Starlight is at #97.
    • Glitch Mode has almost 70K preorders on Ktown4u
    • NCT 127 re-entered the Billboard charts at #46 on Top Current Album Sales and #89 on Top Album Sales. It's stayed on the World Album Charts, currently at #14. 2x
    • Road to 100M 🏃‍♂️ : Boom - 94.9M, Love Talk - 94.2M, Kick It - 93.5M

Neo's Got My Fact

DYK three of the best selling artists on Hanteo and Gaon are NCT? NCT Dream is #4, 127 is #5 and NCT is #8 on Hanteo. They are 5, 6 and 8 on Gaon. (If just bg, they are #4, #5 and #7.) If you're curious, the top three are consistent across both charts: BTS, EXO, Seventeen.

Music, Dance

Your daily pick of NCT

In honor of another potential NCT 127 live album 2x , I present live greatness.

If you don't like high notes, step away before 3:00 when Taeil starts taking it home for another minute.

Go off, king.

External Content open.spotify.com

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• For full details updated every day, you can click or follow the Neo Communication Center thread. This is a pinned news/update thread in the Neo City Guild that's updated at least once daily and only has Neo news, key chart updates, and updates like IG and Weibo posts.

If you are looking for the latest on a specific member, we also update their specific member threads. You might also find pix or memes related to that member in their thread, so it's not entirely news. ^^ These aren't pinned, so I've listed direct links below.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I think 127 might release a single leading up to their dome tour, during it or right afterward (usually it would be before the tour to promote it)

Either way it means new music for us, and 127's Japanese releases are always interesting.

That back 2 u live performance was amazing

• this performance video is doing really good :thumbup:

is it moving at all? :eyes:

yes, but it’s slowed down its pace. It was doing 80k streams each day, but has slowed to 62K. In endless proof that NCTzens don’t give a shot about streaming, songs seem to slow down as they near 100M. :clown:

• I think 127 might release a single leading up to their dome tour, during it or right afterward (usually it would be before the tour to promote it)

Either way it means new music for us, and 127's Japanese releases are always interesting.

That back 2 u live performance was amazing

I hope so! I agree that I really like their Japanese releases.

That live performance is one of my faves altho there’s a lot to love on that double album. This is what has me hyped for a new one - the way the bsides transform in the live version and a good song becomes great and a great one becomes phenomenal.

• I hope so! I agree that I really like their Japanese releases.

That live performance is one of my faves altho there’s a lot to love on that double album. This is what has me hyped for a new one - the way the bsides transform in the live version and a good song becomes great and a great one becomes phenomenal.

i don't know if this is an unpopular version but i really REALLY love the live version of Baby Don't Like That from the live album

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!