RE : Let’s be honest Korea gp has moved to 4th gen ggs, the rein of 3rd gen ggs is sadly over

• smaller under what criteria my friend? market capitalization? no. of employees? no. of kpop groups?

DSP as nugu really? no longer successful but they housed some of the biggest names in kpop

which is why I asked what is your criteria in determining whether a company is nugu or not...

same as for idols when I said my definition of nugu is unknown/unheard of not "not successful"

• Yeah it’s there to see that kpop is moving staunchly into the 4th Gen now, they are the current trendy and popular ggs. It’s to be expected though, some 3G ggs are closer to celebrating a decade tha to their debut year.

But if there are more 4G than 3G then isn’t that a sign of 4G being popular and prevalent? After all it some of the biggest 3G ggs haven’t disbanded (RV, BP, Twice, Mamamoo etc are still active) but it’s the case that they aren’t hit makers they once were outside likely Bp.

As for cream of the crop you could argue 4G still have yet to hit their stride with the big names. Aespa from Sm is obviously there but there rest aren’t: both Itzy and Nmixx flop and YG has yet to debut their 4G gg (which will take about 6 more years lol). It’s the lower labels that are already outdoing the big labels of previous gen, if big 3 get more Aespa level groups then it’s back to the usual status quo as in every other gen.

the only reason why I brought up the fact that there are more 4th gen GG than 3rd gen GG is that more and more 3rd gen GG are going to disband whereas there's only going to be more and more 4th gen GG coming out like the ones you've mentioned

which is also why I added is it only the fact that the top 4th gen GG are dominating the charts or are the 4th gen GG as a whole dominating the charts since by the mere fact that one is a top group means a top group (generally not always dominates the charts)

if the argument is top 4th gen GG outcharting top 3rd gen GG then from the comebacks so far I would agree

BTW: when I'm taking about the top 4th GG I don't mean just from the big 4 I'm including groups like izone and gidle and ive and lessarafim (did I spell it correctly? lol)

• Yeah it’s there to see that kpop is moving staunchly into the 4th Gen now, they are the current trendy and popular ggs. It’s to be expected though, some 3G ggs are closer to celebrating a decade tha to their debut year.

But if there are more 4G than 3G then isn’t that a sign of 4G being popular and prevalent? After all it some of the biggest 3G ggs haven’t disbanded (RV, BP, Twice, Mamamoo etc are still active) but it’s the case that they aren’t hit makers they once were outside likely Bp.

As for cream of the crop you could argue 4G still have yet to hit their stride with the big names. Aespa from Sm is obviously there but there rest aren’t: both Itzy and Nmixx flop and YG has yet to debut their 4G gg (which will take about 6 more years lol). It’s the lower labels that are already outdoing the big labels of previous gen, if big 3 get more Aespa level groups then it’s back to the usual status quo as in every other gen.

don't forget about hybe. Its big 4 now.

• Both groups aren't the same anymore when it comes to gp support but they're still strong don't get me wrong :cursing:

OMG never reached that level of gp support anyways because of them being late bloomers. Last two years were good for them. If WM only hadn't given them such a bore like real love maybe it would have continued. RV went down a bit which is natural but still they have good hype given their debut uls were still bigger than most 4th ggs. Overall 3rd gen is just wrapping up.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!