What if Brave Girls did this

• I've been thinking about how Brave Girls have been promoted since they blew up in popularity. Tbh I think Brave Brothers has actually been doing their best, I'm more mad at the general public for moving on so quickly. However, I wonder what would have happened if they promoted like this

After Brave Girls finished up promos for Rollin and the song wasn't dominating on the charts anymore, they comeback with Thank You instead of Chi Mat Ba Ram. Don't get me wrong I love CMBR, literally my SOTY, but I think Thank You would have been a really nice expression of gratitude after they got popular. Plus it would have been a nice song to follow We Ride because they both have that somewhat retro vibe. Also it would have matched Pool Party's vibe.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then they comeback with After We Ride. However, I wouldn't have made this a repackage. I would promote it as a new comeback during the late autumn/early winter season.

Now it's 2022 and the girls want to establish themselves as the "summer queens" because Thank You was a hit last year. So they comeback with Chi Mat Ba Ram AFTER they're done competing on Queendom.

Tbh musically I think this seems more logical than the route they took. I wonder if they'd be more successful today if they went this route.

• tbh I dont know why kpop audience seem to have a pigeons attention span

They move on from groups too quickly

Im not sure what could have BG done to develop a fandom

• Just because 1 song goes viral, it does not mean the general public likes the group.

It can lift a group from nugu status, but it may not make them a top group, see Momoland, EXID

• Just because 1 song goes viral, it does not mean the general public likes the group.

It can lift a group from nugu status, but it may not make them a top group, see Momoland, EXID

Even there, there's variability in the success rate. EXID may not have been a top tier group, but they were solidly upper mid-tier after Up & Down exploded. Ah Yeah, Hot Pink, LIE, Night Rather Than Day, and DDD were top 10 hits for the next three years. Their popularity started to wane in 2018, but still Lady and I Love You managed to reach the top 40.

I think Hopkinz has a valid point that, (like EXID actually) Brave Girls' problem has never been their music. They've had bangers for years. Their problem has always been the inconsistent, haphazard support that Brave Entertainment has given them. Thank You right after Rollin's success likely would have been seen as this super sweet thing, especially with their MV for Fearless who have supported them for nearly a decade at that point.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!