do idols really love their fans?

• I think some fans genuinely care. My fave apparently writes down all the nice messages from fans in a little notebook and he says he really appreciates fan's words. But I guess it's okay if they don't really care. It's their choice

• You would be surprised, it's easy to be cynical and say that idols only fake their appreciation for their fans but i have a suspicion that a lot more than you might think actually DO appreciate their fans.

That doesnt mean they wanna meet up with you or be your BFF or anything but i think a lot of them get off on the affirmation and acceptance provided by fans. Korean culture is all about gaining acceptance and approval from others, it's collectivist as fuck, nobody cares about self love or self worth or any of that Western individualism stuff, Korean kids are brainwashed into believing that they need to be validated by others. That's why you have so many suicides and mental health issues, that's why idols are apologizing all the time for the tiniest of things. It's something i wish Korea could learn from the West, do what makes YOU happy, dont give two tin shits what random crusty Knetz think, etc.

• I know a lot of idols are very thankful of their fans.

But I wonder how they feel when the fans make them apologize for something they don't have to...or force them to do something they don't want to do......

• To be honest I feel like idols have a love hate relationship with their fans, Like you get into a scandal and the first people hating on you is your own fans but at the same time your fans make you money so you can't hate them but then you have stalker fans and I know idols are fed up with being crowded at airports and having their privacy disturbed by their own fans like they can't even go to a cafe without a camera in their face.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• It depends on each individual. Some love it. Some just take it as a job. Some may have a hate-love relationship. Some may look down on fans. Also, it's not static. Some may not like it at first and vice-versa.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!