Companies trademarking an artist name after a lawsuit or end of contract should be illegal

• Companies trademarking an artist name after a lawsuit or end of contract should be illegal.

If a company doesnt bother to trademark an artist name to protect their artist from plagiarism during their activities, they shouldnt freaking be allowed to trademark it after that artist decide to leave or ends up in a conflict. Cube was an ass for doing to B2ST, SoMu was an ass for doing it to gfriend, BBC is being an ass for doing it to Chuu.

If you really wanted to protect the names, you should have trademark it at the beginning, trademarking it after conflicts is a power trip.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That poor girl. So talented.

They f*cked her over during her whole time with them, and now they are trying to retain the brand she helped build to f*ck her over when she leaves too.

#FreeChuu

I hate BBC. Only reason I don't want that place to burn is so the other girls of LOONA can escape first.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• Another dumb thread on the alleged case of Chuu.

By law, the name of an existing person cannot be trademark without explicit consent from the person.

No one in right mind gives consent under an ongoing contract termination lawsuit or after she/he has already left the company.

Formal or not, Chuu is the name of a person.

• Her real name isn't Chuu.

• You should really invest in a 5 sec fact check before stomping in with huff and puff

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are all strapped down with so much debt, the possibility of making money in the 7 year contract is low. No one wants to be in that situation.

• They are all strapped down with so much debt, the possibility of making money in the 7 year contract is low. No one wants to be in that situation.

I remember people bragging about how much money BBC invested in LOONA when they first debuted, but in the end, that investment only served to hurt them.

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• I remember people bragging about how much money BBC invested in LOONA when they first debuted, but in the end, that investment only served to hurt them.

Fans used to claim all the money is grant from SK goverment to expand Hallyu wave

idk why did people believed and spread that narrative

Is it even ok to strap minors with debt? why is that legal?

• Fans used to claim all the money is grant from SK goverment to expand Hallyu wave

idk why did people believed and spread that narrative

Is it even ok to strap minors with debt? why is that legal?

OMG, you're right. I do remember fans claiming that. Yikes.

They also claimed that the company was connected to Kakao or LOEN or something, and they were just SO rich they had money to spare. Which they may be connected in some way, but 8 million dollars is still a lot to invest in a completely unknown group from a subsidiary company. It was probably just naivety and not wanting to face the truth.

Also, chances are their parents also had to give consent. Like the parents were in charge of the debt until the child was of age or something.

• OMG, you're right. I do remember fans claiming that. Yikes.

They also claimed that the company was connected to Kakao or LOEN or something, and they were just SO rich they had money to spare. Which they may be connected in some way, but 8 million dollars is still a lot to invest in a completely unknown group from a subsidiary company. It was probably just naivety and not wanting to face the truth.

Also, chances are their parents also had to give consent. Like the parents were in charge of the debt until the child was of age or something.

oh yeah

parents do seem to sign sketchy contracts in kpop

Like eyes

• it might be seen as a shady business practice but I wouldn't say it goes as far as illegality

companies do what's in the company's best interests not the idols

an idol should be looking out for their own best interests not the companies...

trademarking a name or whatever is simply a matter of contract negotiations...

I mentioned in another thread that if bbc does this then it's really bad pr whereas chuu can always just amend her stage name to something like chu or chuuu if she really wants to...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!