Jessica (Jung) rumored to be a contestant on Chinese girl group re-debut project 'Sisters Who Make Waves' season 3

• https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/03/jessica-rumored-to-be-a-contestant-on-chinese-girl-group-re-debut-project-sisters-who-make-waves-season-3

this is taken from a reddit user who describes what Sisters who make waves is:

For those who are unfamiliar with the show: Sisters Who Make Waves (乘风破浪的姐姐) is marketed as sort of "challenging" the limitations of ageism in the entertainment industry. Contestants are not just singers but also actresses and TV show hosts, all aged 30 and above. Those in their 40s and 50s have made it into the debuting group in the past two seasons.

The first season in 2020 made huge waves (heh) and went viral in China, and the debuting team included Miss A's Jia. Because of how popular the show was, the second season (2021) had a significant number of very famous China/HK/Taiwan celebrities such as Cecilia Cheung who didn't make the final group, and the ones who did include Na Ying, Rainie Yang, Bibi Zhou and Joey Yung.

Also because it was so popular, the same company made a male version called Call Me By Fire (披荆斩棘的哥哥) but they formed a 17-member group. Royal Pirates' James Lee joined this one but didn't make the group. One guy who did make it is a Korean-American called Nathan Lee (Lee Seung Hyun/李承铉) who used to be in Korean group TAKE.

A rival company similarly produced one called Shine! Super Brothers (追光吧!哥哥) for male celebrities who have debuted before. Yuqi is one of the show's hosts, and Nichkhun joined the second season of this one.

• that's the rumour...

and I can confirm the show is indeed really popular (according to my wife lol)

idk to me these revamp shows are for people who never had much of a success

She was super successful and still is

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk to me these revamp shows are for people who never had much of a success

She was super successful and still is

I've seen some of the contestants - especially the male ones and they were and still are really popular especially some of the HK ones...

• It's a really popular show about women over the age of 30 joining a group. Miss A Fei and Jia both did it and it revitalized their career in China.

Considering Jessica's extended hiatus due to Covid, this is an excellent opportunity, even if Koreans might push back

Koreans are going to throw a FIT. They already hate her. With the intense emotions since the Winter Olympics, the comments are going to be vicious. Especially since she is Korean and joining this show.

Seems she's gearing up to start promoting her music again. and she knows where her more loyal fanbase lies. Plus, with how much SM has restricted her career in Korea. Good for her. Whether she be a judge or contestant. I think it'd be hella interesting if she were a contestant, and I'd watch 100%.

Also, surprised Cecilia Cheung didn't make her group. :pepestare:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Koreans are going to throw a FIT. They already hate her. With the intense emotions since the Winter Olympics, the comments are going to be vicious. Especially since she is Korean and joining this show.

Seems she's gearing up to start promoting her music again. and she knows where her more loyal fanbase lies. Plus, with how much SM has restricted her career in Korea. Good for her. Whether she be a judge or contestant. I think it'd be hella interesting if she were a contestant, and I'd watch 100%.

Also, surprised Cecilia Cheung didn't make her group. :pepestare:

I'm starting to realize she isn't that hated by the GP but a very large fandom has a thing against her. We all know who. Still her image isn't great and nobody wants to hear the opinions of these old ass, bitter ass men

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!