What is happening with Everglow ?

• Everglow is now entering their 4th year since their debut and it looks like their popularity kind of stagnated for a long time. Their sales aren't going up as you would expect a 3rd year group would and their popularity in Korea is still lackluster.

1st Single Album
    Arrival of Everglow
    2nd Single Album
    2019 HUSH 28,150
    1st Mini Album
    2020 Reminiscence 31,188
    2nd Mini Album
    2020 -77.82X-78.29 48,131
    3rd Single Album
    2021 Last Melody
    3rd Mini Album
    2021 Return of the Girl
    46,015*

*Some albums are still being sold though it is really low (in the hundreds)

It's hard to pin point why exactly they are inconsistent like that. First their music style just fits international fans more than korean gp. But even then their sales are still weird cz in the middle of 2020 (with LADIDA) they were able to massively increase their sales number (+50%). It was a good look but then in 2021 they stagnated. It's hard to understand why they can't bring new fans at such an early stage into their career.

2022 will be their 4th active year and is most of the time the beginning of the prime of the group as they use the first 3 years to experiment and gather a large number of fans. Their music style didn't really evolve that much, they just used some retro concepts from time to time but they stayed in their electro edm style of kpop. Their comebacks seem to have quite high budget and they probably do some money with them but it wouldn't surprise me if in the end the profits are minimal.

I'm kind of worried for them, Yena looks like she will become bigger than Everglow very soon (or she already is) so idk what the company will do with them. I don't want another CLC.

• They sold 6k less from their previous album. That's still pretty good. It's not like they sold 52k and then dropped to 20k. :watt: :watt:

• my guess is there's more competition now with other 4th gen girlgroups debuting so some fans may have lost interest

• Selling 27k a for a non big3 group was huge back then but they have been stagnant. The fact Yuehua New BG already outsell them and Yena bagged a hit while EG is struggling makes me upset for them

For a debut it was good but Gidle literally sold 27k on their debut album one year before and just kept rising. Oh My Girl had similar situations. Then there are bigger debuts like WJSN and Loona and both groups did increase significantly each comebacks. Everglow have one big push in like 5 comebacks.

• Cause most of their fandom are international fans and international fans aren't very loyal.

Also I would say girl crush is kinda a dying trend.

That’s not really true most sales come from international fans, even these groups which are rely from K-GP.

But they got High sales at debut maybe because Sihyeon and Yiren were on produce 48 idk but we all know these sales never last in the long run.

The thing with EG is that they can’t translate casual stans to fans. EG should have sticked to BBC sound even if they gained hype during DD GC wasn’t a niche while these BBC/La di da sounds are something all the groups are currently doing. Add the fact they don’t have so much variety contents and aren’t well promoted/mediaplayed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!