What is happening with Midzys?

• Why are some Midzies don't want ITZY to go on Queendom? Even trying to trend NO TO QUEENDOM FOR ITZY.

Apologize to Midzies but have you looked at ITZY's performance in sales and Korean charts last year.

How many awards show did ITZY go empty headed last year?! SMA, GDA, MMA, MAMA, AAA, Gaon Charts.

You want ITZY to have a strong Korean fanbase but that's what Queendom is for. Have you not seen what Queendom/Kingdom did for Oh My Girl and Straykids, Gidle, MAMAMOO, The boyz, ....

Queendom is a show for comeback girls groups to compete who is the best. Those groups who will be chosen/have been invited are popular groups.

1st season lineup have:

Bom who had multiple hit songs with 2NE1 and her song "You and I"

MAMAMOO charted better than ITZY before Queendom

Lovelyz had a mega hit Achoo

AOA had multiple songs who did well on the charts like Miniskirt

Gidle was doing well, too. Latata was a popular song in SK

You could potentially ruin a good opportunity for your fave group when my faves might not get the chance to join at all ;(;(

• this reeks of fake concern

This is not a fake concern. JYP seems to that would help ITZY as it did with SKZ. There should be a stigma that Queendom something to be ashamed if groups joins.

It is not only them but most people think that Queendom is a show for smaller and less popular girl groups to compete for the crown.

• thanks for your concern though, you totally saved itzy omg, our savior messiah! please, do tell us more about how itzy is tanking and how queendom whatever the fuck will give them a #1 on melon :love::love:slay bestie

oh well. that's the reason why ITZY aren't doing well on Korean charts even their fans think that's a something to be joked about.

• their fans dont want queendom :love::love: so just deal, okay?

but I would like to know why they don't want them to join? ITZY is losing footing in a market where they are tons of new groups debuting every year.

If they continue to be stagnant and not evolving with their music and unable to gain more casual Korean listeners, then in the long run it would be difficult for them to rise back the top.

• omg thank you for your very important concern, I'll make sure to let the girls know

• Unless you guys will buy their next album and support the girls, I don't want anyone telling midzys what the fuck to do. all you guys know to do is talk out your ass

Okay you failed to to convince me to become midzys. Good to know which fandom I need to stay away from here.

• how was anything I said gatekeeping? :melon_think: its simple, if you want to tell a fandom what to do then you should contribute and not be a hypocrite, plus this person sounds deluded. If they liked itzy they wouldnt let a mf named "dummi" on some backwater site stop them from anything.

The OP asked questions, and wanted to know what the fandom thought.

And then was met with nothing but aggression and dismissal.

To me, that's gatekeeping. And so is this:

Omg I'm bawling my eyes out at the thought of failing to convince you to become midzys (plural)

Maybe have a discussion with them about their points, or explain why you don't want ITZY on the show?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• One of the reasons is because everyone apart from Lia has joined a survival show. This will also be Chaeryeong’s 4th if it’s true. You know people care about their biases well being and mental state yah know :oops: it’s not just about gaining popularity. People actually care about their biases lol.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited once, last by Park_Oppa ().

• I did, and they didn't respond to that. So what now? Lets not act like these newer accounts are ever nice to itzy, or transparent in their questions. If this person was interested in actual discussion they would have quoted my answer. This person is using "you stopped me from being midzy" as some kind of warning or insult, when really nobody gives a fuck and thats corny as hell to say

Well, you've made your decision about them then.

Luckily my comment was to them, not you.

I hope they don't take your words to heart and actually sincerely check out ITZY.

• For a group as popular and big as ITZY, the risk is greater than possibility of gain

Mnet is notorious for evil editing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh wow I can’t believe i never made the connection before that dummi is supposed to be a version of dummy ie. ditzy ie. itzy lol the wordplay seems obvious now but flew right over my head before :pepe-cringe:

• I'm sorry your question was met with so much hostility. It seemed like a genuine question to me, not fake concern like I saw some people saying. I don't stan ITZY either yet and I had no idea any of them had been in any survival shows before I clicked on this thread. It's okay to not know everything about a group when you stan them and even more so when you don't. To be fair, I'm far more familiar with the latest Kingdom season for obvious reasons (I mean, one look at my profile picture should give it all away). If anything, Queendom confuses me. At first I thought it was a show (because Kingdom was one and the name checked out), then I think I'm wrong and it's a Red Velvet comeback, only to be wrong yet again and it's both and now it has a new season?

I think why people reacted so hostilely is because of how you phrased this part: "Apologize to Midzies but have you looked at ITZY's performance in sales and Korean charts last year. How many awards show did ITZY go empty headed last year?! SMA, GDA, MMA, MAMA, AAA, Gaon Charts. You want ITZY to have a strong Korean fanbase but that's what Queendom is for." Due to the phrasing, it sounds as if you are implying that they don't have a strong Korean fanbase. I am not a Midzy, so I have no idea if this statement is true or false, but either way, such an implication can be hurtful. Many people want their faves to be doing well and they want to hear that they are, while you told them the opposite. In the future, in order to avoid such vicious and undeserved attacks, one way to phrase the same point in a far less hurtful way is to highlight that they are doing well in a lot of the world, and while they are doing good in Korea, could be doing better. See how that sounds less hostile in comparison? Try that phrasing in the future and see if it helps your posts be received better. Also, just to clarify, I am in no way trying to tell you what to do or not to do, merely trying to give friendly advice to help you. Have a great day/night!

• As a MIDZY, I would love to see ITZY on Queendom. I don't care about the numbers, or the popularity they will or won't get, or anything like that. Here's the reasons I want them there:

1. I get to see epic performances by ITZY

2. I get to see ITZY interpret other group's songs

3. I get to see other groups interpret ITZY songs

4. I get to see collabs between ITZY and other group members

5. I get to see interactions between ITZY and other group members

ITZY are performance queens, so I would love to see them there, even if they didn't get a single new fan out of it.

• I'm sorry your question was met with so much hostility. It seemed like a genuine question to me, not fake concern like I saw some people saying. I don't stan ITZY either yet and I had no idea any of them had been in any survival shows before I clicked on this thread. It's okay to not know everything about a group when you stan them and even more so when you don't. To be fair, I'm far more familiar with the latest Kingdom season for obvious reasons (I mean, one look at my profile picture should give it all away). If anything, Queendom confuses me. At first I thought it was a show (because Kingdom was one and the name checked out), then I think I'm wrong and it's a Red Velvet comeback, only to be wrong yet again and it's both and now it has a new season?

I think why people reacted so hostilely is because of how you phrased this part: "Apologize to Midzies but have you looked at ITZY's performance in sales and Korean charts last year. How many awards show did ITZY go empty headed last year?! SMA, GDA, MMA, MAMA, AAA, Gaon Charts. You want ITZY to have a strong Korean fanbase but that's what Queendom is for." Due to the phrasing, it sounds as if you are implying that they don't have a strong Korean fanbase. I am not a Midzy, so I have no idea if this statement is true or false, but either way, such an implication can be hurtful. Many people want their faves to be doing well and they want to hear that they are, while you told them the opposite. In the future, in order to avoid such vicious and undeserved attacks, one way to phrase the same point in a far less hurtful way is to highlight that they are doing well in a lot of the world, and while they are doing good in Korea, could be doing better. See how that sounds less hostile in comparison? Try that phrasing in the future and see if it helps your posts be received better. Also, just to clarify, I am in no way trying to tell you what to do or not to do, merely trying to give friendly advice to help you. Have a great day/night!

:pepe-notes: Got it. Thanks. I didn't mean to harm anyone. Sorry if it come across this way. I was genuinely curious curious on why they didn't want ITZY on Queendom from Midzys standpoints.

• I don't think is a good idea and let's not forget that Lia's image isn't all good with knetz,

this will do more harm than anything. Besides all the pressure they have to go through in every performance and if they make a mistake all eyes are gonna be on them. imo, It isn't worth it and itzy are doing fine.

• :pepe-notes: Got it. Thanks. I am in no way meant harm to anyone. Sorry if it come across this way. I was genuinely curious curious on why they didn't want ITZY on Queendom from Midzys standpoints.

I know that and I could tell, it just seems like other people couldn't. Just remember that some topics can be sensitive issues for certain fandoms and to phrase things a bit too gently rather than a bit too mean. I was a bit confused by the way they were acting too, but after reading some of the replies, it seems like the girls have been in survivor shows before and they just don't want them to have to deal with any more emotional damage from them again or any evil editing. That's mostly what I've seen on this thread so far anyway. I hope that makes sense.

Also, if you ever need a wholesome and positive Midzy to talk to, Minazuki is a Midzy and they are arguably one of the nicest people on here. I'm sure the two of you would get along great. Please don't think all Midzy's are bad based on this one experience, there are plenty of good and bad people in each fandom. Have a great day/night!

• If you really are a Midzy and you really like Itzy then you shouldn't want to see them participate. They have already been pushed to the limit by JYPE this year and you want it to be even worse this year? We know very well that this survival show will just mean even more work

Everyone wants Itzy just to draw attention to other groups... And everyone will use it as a punching bag as usual throughout the show and if it wins everyone will act like it's normal and if they lose it will be a party for the morons on this forum and on other social networks as well.

Is that really what you want as Midzy for Itzy? As a fan, I care about them above all about their health.

And as Moomoos too let me tell you Mamamoo testified many times to say how shitty this show was and how awful it was for idols so no thanks I don't want the same shit for Itzy.

• I agree 100% :pepelove2: . We all know their performances or collabs with other girl groups would be legendary. I would be so excited to see that happen them collab with other girl groups such as Loona / WSJN and Dreamcatcher. These performance queens would slay the Queendom stages. :happyr:

• What I really want is that the girls have a say on their possible participation. If they want to be there, I'd be gladly supporting. If they are not confortable to participate, I don't want JYPE forcing them either for the sake of numbers and gain of popularity. It's not worth it and they are doing just fine.

I never minded Stray Kids on Kingdom, because the boys notably wanted to be there. They were excited and talking about it for months with their fans before the show airs and during the show, they were obviously enjoying the challenges and interactions with other groups. Until this date they talk positively about their experiences in the show.

• What I really want is that the girls have a say on their possible participation. If they want to be there, I'd be gladly supporting. If they are not confortable to participate, I don't want JYPE forcing them either for the sake of numbers and gain of popularity. It's not worth it and they are doing just fine.

I never minded Stray Kids on Kingdom, because the boys notably wanted to be there. They were excited and talking about it for months with their fans before the show airs and during the show, they were obviously enjoying the challenges and interactions with other groups. Until this date they talk positively about their experiences in the show.

One of the most mature answers on here so far, I'm not surprised it's from you at all. You're the only person I've seen in this thread so far take this stance as well. Actually, come to think about it, I agree entirely with your stance on it: they should be the ones to decide. If they want to do it, great. If not, that's fine too. They're all adults and know the consequences of their actions, so I trust them to know what is right for them and their career. With Stray Kids, as you said, you can tell how excited they were to speed date members of the other groups perform. I'm glad they went. I hope whatever ITZY chooses, that they are happy with their choice. Have a great day/night!

• I've stated my reasons for wanting them there. The one caveat to it is that I want it to be their decision to be there too.

If you want to call me a bad Midzy because of that, that's fine. I don't need your approval, and nothing can stop me from being a Midzy.

• Then maybe you shouldn't start your comment with "If you really are a Midzy, and you really like Itzy, then you wouldn't want to see them participate".

Turns out I really am a Midzy, and I really like Itzy, and I want to see them participate.

I would love to see Twice on Queendom too, for all the same reasons as Itzy. As long as there's the same caveat that they need to want to be there too.

• Then maybe you shouldn't start your comment with "If you really are a Midzy, and you really like Itzy, then you wouldn't want to see them participate".

I say this cause you should know all the problem they got this year with overworking, but you don't take it into account. I said that above all to make you react. The midzys are really really worried about the health of the girls after all the trouble in 2021 I guess you know :pepe-tea:

I would love to see Twice on Queendom too, for all the same reasons as Itzy. As long as there's the same caveat that they need to want to be there too.

Good, i would like to see them too but for other reasons.

But I think they would be perfect as a senior and it would be their first survival show right? :pepelove1:

• I say this cause you should know all the problem they got this year with overworking, but you don't take it into account. I said that above all to make you react. The midzys are really really worried about the health of the girls after all the trouble in 2021 I guess you know :pepe-tea:

Good, i would like to see them too but for other reasons.

But I think they would be perfect as a senior and it would be their first survival show right? :pepelove1:

I do take it all into account, and I still want them to participate. Of course I want them to be healthy, but I also trust them to make that decision themselves. So if they want to be there, I would be glad to have them.

For Twice, I suppose it would technically be their first survival show. I'm not sure if you would count Sixteen, because they weren't debuted yet.

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!