Do you watch reaction videos to decide whether or not to watch MVs?

• I've seen some people say they've gotten into groups after watching reactors they already watch react to them. (oof that's an oddly worded sentence) Basically they're already watching that reactor and enjoy their personality so will watch them react to groups they aren't a fan of and in turn become a fan as well.

This is also the going argument in support of reaction videos from reactors and fans of reactors... reaction videos are promotional work for groups so companies should be thankful they exist. I suppose at the very least it's getting a group's name out there in front of people because you'll be recommended videos from channels you already watch.

• No, I feel like the purpose of music video reactions is see what people think about the music video? I mean, most reaction videos of music videos have the music video on it with commentary/reactions to whoever's reacting to it, whether authentic or not.

Now if it's a movie or shows that you're curious about what others say/think about it, that makes more sense because you're watching a generally short video about something that could take you longer than 30 minutes to watch a single episode or something.

But to watch a 10ish reaction video for a music video you've never seen wouldn't make much sense to me.

I tend to stay away from reaction videos because I'm not sure what's authentic and what's not but if I were to watch one for a music video, it would be after I've formed my own opinions about the song and music video.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I think the only artist I started to follow because of a reaction video was heize due to reacttothek, but that's it. The only reaction channels I watch are form of therapy and reacttothek (And any dpr reactions I can find lol). But I don't really care that much if a reaction channel is getting paid to react to something unless they lie and say they're not because that seems a bit weird to me, but it's not like it will affect who I listen to and whether I like a song. I usually watch reaction videos to learn things I wouldn't have noticed and have input from someone who has a wider understanding of filming and music because it makes me respect the artist and creative teams a lot more.

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• No. I actually stopped watching reaction videos a few years back. They just started feeling more and more artificial, like effusive praise for literally everything. And I just don't believe that even the most easygoing person literally LOVES OMG THIS IS THE BEST :froghype: for every song.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• not at all

when I want to watch reaction videos is because I already watched the mv's myself and I want to know if others like the mv's as much as I did. Their opinions never influence my decision since I do it afterwards. But honestly I barely watch reaction videos anymore so it doesn't matter.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!