STAYC's 'RUN2U' is the most streamed GG song of 23 Feb 2022 on MelOn with over 400K streams.

• STAYC's 'RUN2U' is the most streamed GG song of 23 Feb 2022 on MelOn with over 400K streams.

:pepefrog:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I find it so ridiculous when kpop fans just make up super specific achievements just so that they can say their faves have achieved it.. Like yeah they came back really recently and to my knowledge there are no other GGs that could compete that have had a comeback recently either, so ofc you can choose one specific day that they had the most melon streams lol. Not trying to come for you I just find it really strange when people do this. For example, something like charting for a year on melon is an achievement that should really be celebrated.

• I find it so ridiculous when kpop fans just make up super specific achievements just so that they can say their faves have achieved it.. Like yeah they came back really recently and to my knowledge there are no other GGs that could compete that have had a comeback recently either, so ofc you can choose one specific day that they had the most melon streams lol. Not trying to come for you I just find it really strange when people do this. For example, something like charting for a year on melon is an achievement that should really be celebrated.

This may be a reference to Nmixx's debut....also for a non big4 gg to have the most streamed song in a day is huge.

• This may be a reference to Nmixx's debut....also for a non big4 gg to have the most streamed song in a day is huge.

Oop I literally forgot about them because they did so badly lol.. I don't necessarily agree with your second point though. There have been many successful GGs from lower-tier companies. For example, Sistar, Mamamoo, Apink, EXID, AOA.. I don't know the stats on these groups, but I'm sure you could a pick and find a day for all these groups where they've had the most streamed song in a day. I think the popularity of a group/song is way more important than the company. Your company can definitely play a part in getting your name out there and initial hype, but how a song does overall is really dependent on a lot of factors, not just your company.

• Oop I literally forgot about them because they did so badly lol.. I don't necessarily agree with your second point though. There have been many successful GGs from lower-tier companies. For example, Sistar, Mamamoo, Apink, EXID, AOA.. I don't know the stats on these groups, but I'm sure you could a pick and find a day for all these groups where they've had the most streamed song in a day. I think the popularity of a group/song is way more important than the company. Your company can definitely play a part in getting your name out there and initial hype, but how a song does overall is really dependent on a lot of factors, not just your company.

That was a decade ago tho... non big4 groups aren’t as huge as before.

• That was a decade ago tho... non big4 groups aren’t as huge as before.

Uhhh Mamamoo cameback last year and Apink just cameback recently, that's definitely not a decade ago.. and also those other groups weren't at their peak a decade ago either, most of them debuted around a decade ago lol. It also still doesn't change my stance on the fact that the song/group matters more than the company. I mean Brave Girls went viral last year and that had nothin to do with their company. I'm sure you could find multiple days where Rollin' was the most streamed gg song for that day lol.

• Oop I literally forgot about them because they did so badly lol.. I don't necessarily agree with your second point though. There have been many successful GGs from lower-tier companies. For example, Sistar, Mamamoo, Apink, EXID, AOA.. I don't know the stats on these groups, but I'm sure you could a pick and find a day for all these groups where they've had the most streamed song in a day. I think the popularity of a group/song is way more important than the company. Your company can definitely play a part in getting your name out there and initial hype, but how a song does overall is really dependent on a lot of factors, not just your company.

Ooh I agree but the trend for 4th gen (note none of those groups) is for smaller company ggs to peak and then fall, like G-idle and Everglow were everywhere in 2019, and a lot of people were anticipating the same thing with STAYC and it's proving them wrong here.

• Uhhh Mamamoo cameback last year and Apink just cameback recently, that's definitely not a decade ago.. and also those other groups weren't at their peak a decade ago either, most of them debuted around a decade ago lol. It also still doesn't change my stance on the fact that the song/group matters more than the company. I mean Brave Girls went viral last year and that had nothin to do with their company. I'm sure you could find multiple days where Rollin' was the most streamed gg song for that day lol.

Well the thing is that both Apink and Mamamoo have been underperforming as of recent. Part of it is bad promo, part of it is also timing..etc.

• Well the thing is that both Apink and Mamamoo have been underperforming as of recent. Part of it is bad promo, part of it is also timing..etc.

True, I definitely think if Apink didn't comeback on the same day as Taeyeon and Epik High, they would've done alot better. I mean Duhmdurum got #1 on melon daily iirc, I feel like Dilemma had a good amount of hype too. It's a shame that it's not doing better. With Mamamoo I have no clue why they didn't do well tbh, WAW was a summer ballad so I can see why they didn't do well with that, but Mumumumuch is so public friendly imo

• True, I definitely think if Apink didn't comeback on the same day as Taeyeon and Epik High, they would've done alot better. I mean Duhmdurum got #1 on melon daily iirc, I feel like Dilemma had a good amount of hype too. It's a shame that it's not doing better. With Mamamoo I have no clue why they didn't do well tbh, WAW was a summer ballad so I can see why they didn't do well with that, but Mumumumuch is so public friendly imo

Yeah but mumumumuch was dropped with no promotions as part of a best hits album and the only performance was at their concert. Fans begged for proper promo but they said they never intended to promote it and they all had plans so it never got a chance. The closest that song got to promo was an MV.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!