YG….why tf? (Rant)

• great minds think alike :pepe-use-head:

I also think BlackPink is a YG group in name only. They are at the end, a Blacklabel group. Remember when Jisoo posted her Blacklabel merch but never anything about YG? Yeah.

Money could’ve been more huge if Yg did something. I swear, that company is so stupid. They probably won’t have another soloist do as well as Lisa globally. Wasted opportunity

• It's crazy though because it's not only BlackPink but all their artists...Treasure on hiatus for a whole year, AKMU having like 1 comeback a year for a while now, Blackpink go on a hiatus every other year, ikon's been over since BI left, CL never got to release anything, took 2 years for Rose and Lisa to debut solo, Somi finally got to release some songs last year....

I guess we'll never know the real reason unless one of these YG artists speaks up.

• Not a fan focused company and yet create Treasure a boys group with a new strategy focused on fandom rather than GP.

If you knew how Treasure was formed you would understand why YG is using a different strategy with them and why it doesn't mean that YG is a fan focused company.

Yang Hyunsuk completely misjudged the fans opinion with the first lineup of Treasure or maybe he just couldn't deal with his favourites not making the group.

So we got Treasure and there is a big outrage about the final lineup. YGE tries to save the situation and creates Magnum a second group for Mashiho and Yoonbin. Boom the Burning Sun scandal happens --> Treasure goes on hiatus predebut and Yoonbin leaves the group after 1 year.

Debuting Magnum was no option anymore because the group wouldn't have been receved well in Korea since there were now 3 japanese and 2 korean members and their most popular member left the group.

So in the end YG really had no other choice but to combine the groups to keep everyone happy.

We all are aware how poorly big groups are received by the public. Which means YG was pretty much forced to go the fan focused route for Treasure.

• It's crazy though because it's not only BlackPink but all their artists...Treasure on hiatus for a whole year, AKMU having like 1 comeback a year for a while now, Blackpink go on a hiatus every other year, ikon's been over since BI left, CL never got to release anything, took 2 years for Rose and Lisa to debut solo, Somi finally got to release some songs last year....

I guess we'll never know the real reason unless one of these YG artists speaks up.

Western artists usually release an album every 2 years. Sometimes once per year if they are really hot and the company is pushing them hard, but that ends after a couple years.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!