The promo for BTS' MTV Unplugged is massive

• So hyped for this. It is a truly global event.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 4 times, last by paradis ().

• That's why I'm always very confused when some ARMY claim that BTS/BH don't do any promo. Ya they do, LOL. Maybe not the usual kind, but they absolutely do.

Anyway, really excited for the MTV Unplugged performance :omgr:

• MTV unplugged was a genius move. If you look at the other acts it’s all critically acclaimed singer song writers. This is BTS level.

Ofc the major outlets are reporting. It’s BTS.

• That's why I'm always very confused when some ARMY claim that BTS/BH don't do any promo. Ya they do, LOL. Maybe not the usual kind, but they absolutely do.

Anyway, really excited for the MTV Unplugged performance :omgr:

The promo is not done on official BTS/BH twitter handles tho, it's done by 3rd parties. It's very different to promote yourself than to have others promoting you.

• Almost every MTV twitter handle has millions of followers and they are promoting this full fledged, most MTV accounts have a BTS header and each country or region specific tweet mentions the exact time that it will air in that time zone. This is incredible. Kinda like a global concert.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• The promo is not done on official BTS/BH twitter handles tho, it's done by 3rd parties. It's very different to promote yourself than to have others promoting you.

Yes but choosing MTV Unplugged as a way to promote is kind of great in itself, especially since MTV Unplugged has been kind of in hiatus for a while. I obviously don't know what went on behind the scenes, but that's a very good choice of platform to promote BTS. Just as Tiny Desk Concert was great too.

• yups & the amazing thing is, we know bts Will absolutely crush this opportunity, like they always do!

Wherever they go on;

carpool karaoke, Tiny desk concert, shows like Jimmy fallon & James Gordon,.. they attracted & impress gp and even army!

Can't wait for this!!!

• I just hope MTV adds region specific subs, that would be a dream come true.

• I'm so excited

I hope they sing BE's songs, at least one or two bsides. Blue & Grey fits really well for the event.

I'm curious about the cover too.

Ahh the cover, I completely forgot about it. Pretty intriguing.

• I am so excited for this! I grew up watching MTV Unplugged on repeat. Alanis was my jam back then, also Nirvana. I still remember the brouhaha with Oasis. Lauryn Hill was the coolest back then. Oh I'm showing my age!

• Damn!!! Imagine how many new peeps will be exposed to them!!!!!!!

Yep. MTV in general just repeats shows endlessly. But yeah this is exposure they haven’t had on international cable level. It’s gonna be pretty huge. I want a live album after.

• I am so excited for this! I grew up watching MTV Unplugged on repeat. Alanis was my jam back then, also Nirvana. I still remember the brouhaha with Oasis. Lauryn Hill was the coolest back then. Oh I'm showing my age!

And BTS is now joining this elite group of performers a first for a pop band. Just wow.

• And BTS is now joining this elite group of performers a first for a pop band. Just wow.

Legendary. Dare I say it's even more significant now because they're super Global and they will be performing mostly in a different language!! I feel like maybe MTV saw those Tiny Desk views numbers and all the reactors popping up and thought why not us, we're the "original" acoustic jam sessions doing this stuff.

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!