What is going on with Myanmar and why noone talks about it or do something?

• Sadly, it is exactly how it works. I am even suprised that people dont know it.... Especially someone who is in that field in some way.

How would you know how it works? Are you the UN Secretary-General or something?

KIMKAI48

059e37d0b9c38b277aec681de8161eeb7e65a633.gifv

• UN and all countries that are part of it. Do you know that they go and start wars around the world as "fighting for rights" when it is good for them???

Technically UN member countries can't start offensive wars, there are charters that prohibit that. They can however wage war under the pretense of a defensive war meaning this X country did something to us and we are going to declare war so they wouldn't pose further threats. The US went to Afghanistan and Iraq because of 9/11 and possible escalation of terrorist activities on other US-allied countries. They can't just invade and violate a countries' border and sovereignty willy-nilly because then you are just an invading force. Another issue is the cost of war. No country would go on an outright war right now considering the economic slump due to the pandemic.

Sanctions can be levied against the Myanmar junta though - why drop costly bombs when you can starve them economically.

• How would you know how it works? Are you the UN Secretary-General or something?

I was on the other side aka country which suffered bc of this. And there are books written by actual generals where they wrote about all those things. Facts and proofs are easy to find also. If they want something for some country (military position, natural goods...), they find the way to get it and it's usually over UN, NATO and such organisations. They make reason or escalate the existing 1 or even make up scenarios and lies and do what I said (ask to put in the military under the thread while pretending that they actually do it for something good-stop war or some disorder in countries which they made in the first place) for their own benefits all the time. It is the way they work.

• The military have been ruling the contry for many years so it's not that huge change anyway.
    And also... .to be honest, not many cares about the contry anyway, at least not outside of Asia.

• Technically UN member countries can't start offensive wars, there are charters that prohibit that. They can however wage war under the pretense of a defensive war meaning this X country did something to us and we are going to declare war so they wouldn't pose further threats. The US went to Afghanistan and Iraq because of 9/11 and possible escalation of terrorist activities on other US-allied countries. They can't just invade and violate a countries' border and sovereignty willy-nilly because then you are just an invading force. Another issue is the cost of war. No country would go on an outright war right now considering the economic slump due to the pandemic.

Sanctions can be levied against the Myanmar junta though - why drop costly bombs when you can starve them economically.

It is the point! They actually do w.e. they want. They find the way if they want and if they have benefits from it.... Aka made up the reason. Like seriously... Do people actually think that 9/11 is reason (or justifying reason) to do what was done and still is happening in the Middle East countries? Really!???? Ffs, those theorist were even made by them!!! And they go and destroy everything to people, ordinary people who live there and have nth with terrorism bc of it?????

• It is the point! They actually do w.e. they want. They find the way if they want and if they have benefits from it.... Aka made up the reason. Like seriously... Do people actually think that 9/11 is reason (or justifying reason) to do what was done and still is happening in the Middle East countries? Really!???? Ffs, those theorist were even made by them!!! And they go and destroy everything to people, ordinary people who live there and have nth with terrorism bc of it?????

Well I wouldn't say they can do whatever. They still have to make at least a sort of convincing argument for an offensive. 9/11 did happen and unless Myanmar suddenly decided to invade their neighboring countries or bombs a US embassy, appearance of civility and diplomacy has to be made. Kinda like "yeah we can bomb you to oblivion before breakfast but we have to make it look that it's the last resort"

Also, China wouldn't be too happy with an outright US meddling in Asia I would imagine. There won't be a Vietnam War part 2 anytime soon.

There's a lot of logistical consideration behind a war and like I said, war is a costly enterprise and with everything right now in a slump, no one's just gonna hop countries and start causing more trouble than its worth.

• As someone whose county got help from those "human right activists" I can only tell you that they are better without them. I hope that people in Myanmar will somehow get their freedom but the moment other big countries start with their "help" things will only get messier.

I mean this is just my two cents.

• Actually it is. UN is a joke :-(

My country was bombed by NATO without UN approval and guess what? They were never punished for that.

Look, I´m not saying that UN is saint and every decision they make is the right one, but I´m sure they didn´t just decide to bomb a random country for absolutely no reason. I don´t know where you´re from, but I´m sure UN had a reason to authorize the use of force in that situation

KIMKAI48

• I was on the other side aka country which suffered bc of this. And there are books written by actual generals where they wrote about all those things. Facts and proofs are easy to find also. If they want something for some country (military position, natural goods...), they find the way to get it and it's usually over UN, NATO and such organisations. They make reason or escalate the existing 1 or even make up scenarios and lies and do what I said (ask to put in the military under the thread while pretending that they actually do it for something good-stop war or some disorder in countries which they made in the first place) for their own benefits all the time. It is the way they work.

Those are not facts, those are just things people say. I´m sure there are people working for the UN who would seize the opportunity to gain more power even if they had to lie, but you cannot claim that they do those thing with no actual evidence.

KIMKAI48

• Look, I´m not saying that UN is saint and every decision they make is the right one, but I´m sure they didn´t just decide to bomb a random country for absolutely no reason. I don´t know where you´re from, but I´m sure UN had a reason to authorize the use of force in that situation

There is zero reason to bomb civilians, especially without proper investigation. Zero sense to slide with organisation which you called terrorists organisation just year earlier. UN was against bombing, but after bombing has started they did nothing. This world is rotten with corruption and weaker countries suffer because countries powerful like US can do whatever they want.

• The military have been ruling the contry for many years so it's not that huge change anyway.
    And also... .to be honest, not many cares about the contry anyway, at least not outside of Asia.

It wouldn't surprise me if most people outside of Asia (maybe some within Asia) has even heard of this country or can locate it on a map . Heck the only reason why I know about that country at all is because a lot of my relatives was born/grew up there for a period of time before moving to the US (i am not Burmese btw).

• It wouldn't surprise me if most people outside of Asia (maybe some within Asia) has even heard of this country or can locate it on a map . Heck the only reason why I know about that country at all is because a lot of my relatives was born/grew up there for a period of time before moving to the US (i am not Burmese btw).

To be fair the contry was knowed as Burma for a long time so I can understand if some "older" people still don't recognize the "new" name.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!